I was in Tepoks Mine, having lost all sense of time, fighting the monsters of the underdeep to hold the outskirts of Camelot safe from the terror. Five of us were down there, holding off a waves of monsters… the cleric standing behind our paladin, a great fighter of the Faith, his sword flashing back and forth between the monsters, shouting in fury, matching the dwellers of the deep in pure rage. Our two Wizards, Kelvyn and Velang, both with arms covered in flame and eyes glowing with controlled hate. And me behind them all, standing there for the first time, my first day of putting my art into use for Fair Camelot, a bit shaken by the force of this evil, but singing a Song of Power, aiding the wizards as best i know how.

When our paladin, LightBringer finished the last great crushing blow on the Beast Lord, Velang and Kelvyn allready having finished the last beasts he controlled, i felt nothing but relief. Maybe im not fit for this life, maybe my place is at the academy. *Cold Sweat running down my back*

“Great work” Says Velang with a grin
“Yeah nice work” Smiles Lightbringer, rather amused.

I look at them a bit confused
“I hardly did anything ???
What exactly are you referring too ? The Power Singing was allready agreed on….”

“You howl popped the Great cats head and your ill placed note tore the leg from under the bear” Says Velang Continuing to smile

Kelvyn agrees with them sayin:
“And your chant of confusion pulled that goblin off my back, though i must admit that at first i thought it was you who were confused and not the goblin”

I seem to remmember screaming a bit, and the action around me made me a bit confused, but i have no memory of ever doing what they just told me…..at least not on purpose….

I smile rather proudly…

“Well…you know… thats what us Minstrels are for”

As i unstring the lute from my back to assist our Cleric in healing the group i feel a presence entering my mind……“Em are you availabe ??”

I fall on my knees holding my head, shouting in Panic “Get it out get it out” Looking at our cleric pleadingly.

“Its only a Mind Lock Em, nothing to worry about”

My team mates smile at me, amused. I seem do be doing a great job in being the groups jester i think to myself, abit of the pride i felt from the fight leaking away.

“Yes?” The words forming in my mind, all of my willpower concentrating on sending the message back to whoever contacted me.

“Its Lulliby, i need everybody in the League to the Battleground, Today we take the Keep back”

A Battle ??? A bit of my confidence leaking away…..Me in a Battle ??? I guess ill have to work better on that screaming then….

“On my way Lull!”

I look to my comrades
“My guild leader informs me the Leagues are going on a Keep Raid, your welcome to join us, if no then be sure to spread the word, we can use all the people we can get”

(and to be honest to myself, the more people there, the safer i will feel…..a battle?…me in a battle…..i can feel the sweat starting again)

My comrades assure me that they are only here for the defense of Fair Camelot, and if they are needed more at the Battle Grounds then that is where they will go…..

“Just give us the rythm we need for a speedy travel” Says Velang, as i remove the Drum from my backpack.

We set out, speeding over the mountains, Fort Sauvage looming over us……
Ebeneser