SJÁ MYNDIR AF KOVVERUM hér:

http://www.taflan.org/viewtopic.php?t=37126

SHAI HULUD - That Within Blood Ill-Tempered CD
Án efa hápunkturinn á ferli Shai Hulud texta- og tónlistarlega séð. Ein af mögnuðustu metalcore plötum allra tíma sem er svo metal í útsetningum og spilamennsku að margir glerharðir metal-elítistar féllu í stafi og heyrðu það sem var á seyði.
Stórfenglegar lagasmíðar, taktpælingar (án þessa að vera hektískt tech-dót), óhemju melódíur, beygjur og brúr (var þetta rétt beygt hjá mér?), epískir textar og það er bara allt á epísku óverdrævi. Þessi plata mun hreyfa við þér.

Shai Hulud's highly anticipated THAT WITHIN BLOOD ILL-TEMPERED is a testament of heart, passion, and sincerity. As the hardcore and metal scenes struggle to breathe in the smog of the overwhelming degree of trend and superficiality of late, Shai Hulud present a refreshingly true and pretense-less album. It clearly illustrates the allure, the splendor, and the effectiveness metal influenced hardcore can offer. THAT WITHIN BLOOD ILL-TEMPERED is a veritable book of poetry as well as an epic album musically. In every aspect, THAT WITHIN BLOOD ILL-TEMPERED boasts a maturity and intelligence seldom found, especially in the scene of underground music.

“ If nothing else, the group's proclivity for deep-thinking has produced some very interesting and thought-provoking lyrics, which are are vaguely akin to excerpts of dark poetry.
… Be patient though; the more you listen, the more you'll enjoy.” - lambgoat.com

MISERY SIGNALS - Mirrors CD

Þung, aggressív, melódísk og grípandi tónlist hefur aldrei sómað sér betur en á Mirrors sem er eins og þeirra Master Of Puppets.

“Misery Signals do two things on Mirrors that really endear them to me. First, there is hardly a trace of Scandinavian influence. They've also avoided clean singing for the most part. There's no overtly ”tech“ parts and there's no doom or noise or black metal influence. Misery Signals have wisely avoided the current trends in heavy music and stuck with what they know. There's plenty of chugging parts but most either work on their own or by way of what the rest of the band is playing at the time. The disc's leads are generally played clean and drowned in a sea of reverb, creating a signature sound that flows throughout Mirrors. Ben Schigel (Chimaira, Zao) engineered this record remarkably well and it shows in the depth of the low end and the excellent mix.” -Lambgoat.com

“Overall, MISERY SIGNALS' fusing of ironclad heaviness, arresting melodies, ambient interludes, and technical musicianship is downright masterful. The ability of the unit to combine all of these elements in a way that challenges without frustrating is most impressive. Too often bands hell bent on creating an ambitious musical experience end up with a cluttered mess that is little more than a collection of disjointed parts that may be challenging to play but leave no real lasting impression. In the case of ”Mirrors“, the whole is truly bigger than the sum of its parts.
… Make no mistake; ”Mirrors“ is one heavy album that punishes with non-traditional rhythms and crushing riffs that still amaze with the superb interplay of guitarists Ryan Morgan and Stuart Ross. Several sections of lightly picked guitar result in an uncannily soothing juxtaposition to the high-impact pummel of the heavy sections. Rather than cause momentum breaks in the action or that oddly out-of-place feeling one gets from albums by the band's contemporaries, the ethereal moments of ”Mirrors“ are uplifting and seamlessly woven into the arrangements.” - blabbermouth.net

PLOT TO BLOW UP THE EIFFEL TOWER - Love In The Fascist Brothel CD

Háklassa stress og geðklofi hér í sprengiefnakokteil sem minnir á Le Savy Fav á spítti, með distortion á gíturunum og ofvirkum trommara.
Kaldhæðin hráka í andlitið á íhaldsömum áheyrendum og tónlistarbransa.
Þú færð meira kikk út úr þessu heldur en að brjóta rúður í lögreglustöð.

“There is still a lot to love about Love in the Fascist Brothel, though. It's bursting with creativity, for starters. The music is fascinating, constantly changing and shifting and morphing. These guys are never satisfied with the sound they have, constantly moving it forward, adjusting the level, changing tempo and switching up the pace. The tempo, though, typically remains a fast one as The Plot push ever furiously forward. The music is crazed and chaotic and it works wonderfully. There is a strange mix of control and chaos, of a tight sense of random noise that adds up to something greater. The Plot does a magnificent job of straddling a fine line between noise and music. They constantly assault the listener but typically do it in a compelling way.” -blogcritics.org/

Fyrir aðdáendur Blood Brothers, The Locust o.fl. í tjúllaðari kantinum.

Tóndæmi: http://www.threeoneg.com/etis/video/27-The-Plot-To-BlowUp-The-Eiffel-T ower.mp3

ÞESSI ÞRÁÐUR VERÐUR UPPFÆRÐUR Á NÆSTU DÖGUM

LÁTIÐ MIG VITA EF ÞIÐ ÞURFIÐ FREKARI UPPLÝSINGAR EÐA TÓNDÆMI

takk

Posted: Sat Aug 02, 2008 5:38 pm Post subject:

COLISEUM / DOOMRIDERS - Not of this World split CD

“Hell yeah, I popped this one in figuring they just stole the title from Danzig, but no, in fact the full title of the latest release from Level-Plane is ”Not of This World - A Salute to Danzig“: A killer split CD where the two contributing artists do in fact cover Danzig tunes, in addition to offering up original material. And how can you lose with Coliseum or the Doomriders? Two bands known for their brands of gritty rock ‘n’ roll colliding with noisy hardcore/punk who kick ass on their own, so of course they maul your fucking worthless face when they team up together. Coliseum takes on ”Am I Demon“ and then blasts through two quick originals, while the Doomriders drop one longer track of their own before unleashing a perfect rendition of ”Possession“. There's no slacking here either, just check the accuracy of that intro! This one's got some badass artwork too, the usual when Ryan Patterson's involved. Simple as that. The end. I'm sold. If you don't dig these bands, you suck.” - www.aversionline.com

“Everything on this disc is masterfully recorded and the packaging is beautiful. I guess I'm just not sure why it exists.
…Coliseum and Doomriders are both solid rock bands that share a similar sound, a love of Danzig and easy access to incredible studios. If I were in their shoes, I'd probably release a record every month. For fans of either band, Not Of This World provides a handful of great new songs to tide you over until their next respective major releases”. - www.lambgoat.com

“ Although short by most standards, this split EP packs enough of a wallop that it shames a majority of the full-lengths that have come out lately.” - www.scenepointblank.com

“Monumental split release from two of the darkest and most devastating bands around today: COLISEUM and DOOMRIDERS. These two powerhouses of thunderous, punk fury have joined together to pay tribute to the legendary, infamous, little evil one himself, DANZIG.” - www.codex4.org

WALLS OF JERICHO - All Hail The Dead CD

Eitt mest aggressive metalcore band samtímans sem er áberandi (read: ekki uber kVVlt og ófinnanlegt) sem hefur á að skipa mest intense söngvaranum í dag. Það er ekkert metalcore band sem hefur masterað það jafn vel að skreyta lög sín með Slayer-riffum, eitthvað sem euro böndunum tókst aldrei að gera án þess að líta illa út.
All Hail The Dead er stútfull af slögurum á borð við „There's No I in Fuck You“, „A Little Piece of Me”, „Day and a Thousand Years“. Ef það setur ekki headbangerinn á þig þá ertu fuckings pússí.

All Hail The Dead is Walls Of Jericho's strongest release to date, a culmination of honest growth and experience – a combination of ferocity, maturity, heartfelt emotion, technical brilliance, and above all a desire to communicate something substantial, honest and positive to their devoted fans in the midst of a music scene encumbered by vanity and fake corporate musicconcoctions disguised as underground music with supposed street credibility.

”Every single song on All Hail the Dead is either shreddingly merciless or broods with pulsing metal malevolence. And I mean every song.“ - © 2004 Digital Metal

”All Hail The Dead is a monster that refuses to die.“ - © 2004 Metal Edge Magazine

”All hail the speed riffing, all hail the ravenously blistered vocals, all hail the punch in chest drums, all hail this album.
… Each song is short fast, brutal and before you know it your on track five.
… If you like trash fast riffs and insane vocals with a slide of killer breakdowns buy it.“ - www.lambgoat.com

”This album is just plain ridiculous. First off, the vocalist is female, and she has one of the heaviest voices you will ever hear anywhere. It's a different style, but I will put her up on a pedestal with the ladies from Damned and Arch Enemy, she's that good.
… They will give Darkest Hour a run for their money if they get any heavier. The is Slayer riff-inspired Metal with Hardcore song structures. The power chord progressions are just brutal, and the drum fills are unbelievable precise. I want these guys to be a Metal band - I don't want the terms “Hardcore” or “Metalcore” to ever describe them. They are so heavy all I can think of is the total beatdown I saw the first time In Flames played in New York. Yeah, Walls of Jericho are that good.“ - © 2007 Under The Volcano Magazine

” Simply put, this is brilliant and worth every penny you have to steal to buy it.“ - © 2004 Ugly Planet

”Detroit, Michigan's Walls Of Jericho's latest release, All Hail The Dead, on Trustkill Records, is simply one of the best metal records put out this past year. The blistering, fast -paced double guitar playing, thunderous bass, insane drumming, and unbelievable vocals of female singer Candace Kucsulain make All Hail The Dead a great record. From the first song, the straight in your face title track, all the way through the rest of the other 12 songs, you know you have something special. All Hail The Dead is one of those records that makes you want to smash something when you hear it. True metal at its best.“ - © 2004 Domain Cleveland

”I bet a dollar that a pit at a WALLS OF JERICHO show would make the violence of an NFL game pale by comparison. Simply put, this is brilliant and worth every penny you have to steal to buy it.“ - © 2004 In Music We Trust.com

”The music is ferocious, nonstop and basically amounts to 45 minutes of moshing.“ - © 2004 The Underground Scene

”A varied, mature record, which will continue making its spins for the time to come.“ - © 2004 InsideKnowledge.net

”one of the best albums of the year.“ - © 2004 Life In A Bungalo

”Walls of Jericho is one of the best metalcore bands in the entire scene right now, and on their new release “All Hail the Dead,” they bring the heat with a swarming infestation of brutality and metal! “ - © 2004 RiftRock.com

WALLS OF JERCHO - With Devils Amongst Us All CD

Platan sem fylgdi í kjölfar All Hail The Dead. Meira metal ef eitthvað er og þeirra stærsta plata til þessa. Risa sánd á þessu.

”… this is Walls of Jericho's best work to date. “No Saving Me,” the slow song on the album, will show you that Candace Kucsulain is a real singer, who is not afraid to let her walls come down, exhibiting a refreshingly vulnerability and not giving one fuck about going soft. This band is in it for the love of the music.“ - © 2007 Metal Edge Magazine

”Easily one of the most anticipated records of the year in the land of all things metal, With Devils Amongst Us All is upon us. With expectations running high, Walls of Jericho deliver what is easily their best to date.“ - © 2006 TheGreatNothing.com

”While purists in both scenes may see the hardcore / metal crossover as a bad thing but one listen to the raging, circle-pit inducing ‘And The Dead Walk’ should leave people in no doubt that the two genres have now well and truly blended into one resulting in one absolute beast of a sound and With Devils Amongst Us All is testament to how frightening a prospect this is for the future of metal and hardcore.“ - © 2006 Planet Loud Dot Com

”Candace Kucsulain’s vocals are unleashed with a heartstoppingly ferocious power that pushes energy levels through the roof.
… an absolute monster of a record that will resoundingly kick the shit out of you, yet leaving you begging for more.“ - © 2006 Kerrang Magazine

”Even though the band now has Ozzfestitis and it’s associated stigma with ‘cool’ metal fans, I expect the ethic and approach of the band to carry them so they continue to deliver hard edged, no nonsense metal.“ - © 2006 Digital Metal

”WOJ are now at the height of their powers with Devils, and are completely worthy of the world’s attention. Pantera? Isn’t that some kind of car?“ - © 2006 Alternative Press

”he use of a producer has turned out very well for Walls Of Jericho, their sound is well balanced. Of course there will be some critics saying they didn’t stay true to their sound, but I believe Walls Of Jericho has made a great step forward and will also be attractive for several metalheads. To me it’s obvious I have another great album to add to my yearlist of 2006. Score: 87%“ - © 2006 MetalRage.com

”The song ‘No saving me’ is one of the most surprising on the album, as well as fantastic. It has the potential to be one of the biggest metal singles in the last five years…
… Easily one of the best albums of 2006 so far, the beauty of ‘With Devils Among Us All’ is that it perfectly displays the balance that Walls of Jericho have achieved as a band.
… It is guaranteed that once this album is popped into your CD player it will be in heavy rotation for months to come.“ - © 2006 The Gauntlet

COLISEUM - Coliseum CD

”Remember the days when Motorhead was able to appeal to both fans of punk and metal, back in the late 70s and very early 80s? Remember how albums like Overkill, Ace of Spades, and Bomber had that extraordinarily filthy distortion drenched bass tone and raw guitar sound, all driven home by Philthy Animal Taylor’s fast, punk-style drumming? I ask because when the first notes of “Detached” from Coliseum’s self-titled full-length debut album started blasting out of my speakers, those are all the things I thought about.
… It’s good to hear this type of raggedy punk-meets-metal hard rock being played. There is nothing clean about it, nothing that will ever appeal to the MTV generation, and all of it is played in the spirit of the punk pioneers. This one may even make Lemmy himself proud“ - Live 4 Metal

”Nearly as homicide-inducing, also 27 minutes long, also filled with ex-members of 50 other unknown bands, and also self-titled is the new album by Coliseum. Sounding a bit like Entombed covering Motörhead or Hear Nothing, See Nothing, Say Nothing Discharge, Coliseum build brawny, bloody tunes out of vitriol, venom, and vigor. (The three V's of punk!) Hence: two more big guns in my late-night arsenal of nihilism and ecstatic, awkward dancing.“ - Village Voice

COLISEUM draws its primary influence from early 80's British punk rock a la DISCHARGE, GBH, & MOTORHEAD, as well as hints of 90's punk and hardcore bands like HIS HERO IS GONE, TURBONEGRO, & AVSKUM. COLISEUM'S downtuned guitars, oppressively heavy bass and blistering d-beat drumming creates the bleak landscape from which Ryan's desperate worldview is throatily belted.

”Buy this record – if just to be the first kid on your block for bragging rights.
… It seems these days that good bands just put out a record and break up immediately after. Hopefully they will last long enough to not be another tragic one-record only band. Congrats guys for this accomplished debut effort, and once again, props to Level Plane as well. 8/10“ - www.lambgoat.com

”COLISEUM burn through the twelve tracks on here in under 30 minutes and make no rest stops along the way. The unrelentless guitars take center-stage in COLISEUM's sound, especially on the seventh track, “This Mind Locked Inside This Body,” and the eleventh tune, “Pretty Situation,” where each features the signatures of a different era in punk rock, where “clean” guitars didn't exist, and music mimiced the feeling of getting impaled by the spikes on that crusty kid's smelly jacket.
… Recorded in a handful of days earlier in 2004, “on 1/2 inch eight track reel to reel,” the sound quality is decided unpolished and rich in coarse textures, completing the minimalist feel to the entire COLISEUM project." - http://pastepunk.com

“That's what I find to be the beauty of Coliseum. The music is simple, yet powerful. Songs open and close with a wail of feedback from an amp. This band does what they do well, and leave the pose to the math-metal hacks. ” - http://www.punknews.org

“Expect thick and nasty hardcore/punk fucking rock ‘n’ roll jams with a major sort of Motörhead drive happening, as well as a faster and heavier edge of crust punk in the vein of certain Discharge or His Hero is Gone styles.
… Absolutely recommended. This is the best shit I've heard from Louisville in years. One listen to the slightly more metallic ”The Simple Answer Is…“ should let you know how raging this disc is. Just get this shit and shut the fuck up!” - www.aversionline.com

“Not to dip into generalizations or genre-fixations, but Coliseum is as much a metal band as a hardcore group, something that kids today need to realize. If they were to dust off an old Motorhead album or a Discharge cassette tape, they may hear something very similar. In the end, it’s all just rock-n-roll…”
- www.Indieworkshop.com

“This album really surprised me. I was expecting it to be awesome, but didn’t expect the songwriting to be so varied and for the album to have such a new slant on the d-beat sound. Highly recommended for fans of Discharge and Motorhead.” - Unbound Zine Online

“Like Motorhead caught in a bar fight with His Hero is Gone, Coliseum aborts most notions of melody in favor of a sludgy, metallic grind. As Patterson gargles acid and howls above his band’s punishing din, trash-can drums and overdriven guitars duel, sending the volume needle further into the red.
… Filthy, bad-assed and ensconced in the noble traditions of long-gone, guitar-slinging fuck-alls, Coliseum’s crusty hardcore is barely melodic, boulder-heavy and beyond brutal – what more could you want in a trend-blasting punk rock record?” - www.Aversion.com