Daniel Gildenlow skrifar þetta á heimasíðu Pain of Salvation 23.12.2005

Year report 2005
2005-12-23

A little 2005 summary from me (Daniel) and the band, to all our beloved and dedicated fans out there, who makes our journey worthwhile:

And so another year is coming to an end, and we look back on a very nice year on the whole. The two tours in Europe went down really well, and the French crowd managed to reach a staggering 116 decíbel! That's about four or five times as loud as you are normally allowed to play in a venue, just for the record… It was also great to come to Brazil - finally! After so many years of eager fan mail we could be there in the flesh. We hope that the Curitiba cancellation was sorted out in the end so the fans know it was not our fault.

Thumbs up!
It has been a year of political discussion, due to my refusal to submit to finger printing to enter USA, and thus staying at home for the Flower Kings tour. On the other hand, the support in this matter from my fellow band members in POS has been very heart warming, and the huge positive feedback from fans around the world has been a surprising energy booster. Even fans in the US have voiced their support, along with a disappointment about the results of course. All-in-all, this decision has probably cost me a lot, but it has given me unexpected support too, and I do not regret standing my ground in this issue. If I don't, how can I expect others to stand up for what they believe in?

Absent
The updating of the home page has not been that frequent, we know. We apologize for that. But on the other hand, since we are running the Kingdom ourselves (and it's getting too big for us to grasp) this usually indicates that we are busy doing a lot of other things that will in the end be beneficial for our fans. This year, apart from the touring, we have started sorting out new material and I have done some major reconstructing of the studio. All of which will result in lovely music in your ears eventually.

Machinah
We have seen the awakening of the new international fan club Machinah, under which all the national fan clubs are gathered. We are looking forward to follow the development of this growing family in the coming years. We know for a fact that they are working on the next fanzine as I write this.

Endorsements
This year has also seen the band become endorsed by FireWire Strings from Canada, and Kristoffer being endorsed by impressive Mayones from Poland. While on this topic, and without giving away too much already, I think I can safely say that 2006 will contain some nice surprises for our guitar playing fans, since I will work closely with a guitar company to produce a special limited edition, hand built guitar model according to my needs and specifications. Start saving your money…

2006 then…
On the whole, we are looking at a very interesting 2006 from the point we are standing right now. I know, we have a better view, but rest assure that you will enjoy the next year, hopefully as much as we will. We are working on some great material and we have some other nice surprises up our sleeves too. We will not make the mistake of giving out any resolutions for the new year about what we will do - we will simply just do it. And we hope you'll allow us to do it to you…

Happy Holidays!
I will end this little summary by wishing you all a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year, from myself, the band, and the whole Pain of Salvation family! See you on the other end of New Year's Eve, for the 2006 edition of Pain of Salvation.

Take care,
Daniel

Þess má geta að það er verið að ræða við PoS um að spila á Wacken í ár. Það yrði alveg fucking magnað!!
Resting Mind concerts