Symphoníustjórinn/semjarinn ógurleigi Michael Camen lést þriðjudaginn 18. nóvember úr MS sjúkdómi, aðeins 55 ára gamall.

Michael Camen er maðurinn bakvið S&M tónleikana með Metallica

Rest <b>†</b>n Peace

Eftirfarandi er tekið af metallica.com
—-

The Metallica family is saddened by the loss of our good friend and ‘S&M’ collaborator, Michael Kamen on Tuesday, November 18th. Michael lost his battle with multiple sclerosis at the age of 55.

In addition to working with us on ‘S&M,’ Michael enjoyed a
very successful career composing for films such as ‘Lethal Weapon’ and ‘Die Hard.’ He worked with Pink Floyd, Aerosmith, Rod Stewart, Eric Clapton, David Bowie, and many others pioneering the fusion of orchestral arrangements with rock, and is the winner of several Grammy Awards, including one for ‘S & M.’

'S&M' was Michael's idea, Michael's brainchild. He said he had always felt that our music lent itself to a collaboration with an orchestra, and from the time he approached us with the idea at that first breakfast meeting in 1997, to the day after the final mixes were complete on the record and the DVD, through the performances in Berlin, New York, and Las Vegas, we enjoyed two extremely fun, challenging, and creative years together. Michael will be missed by all of us, and will always remain an integral part of the Metallica family.

Please join us in paying our respects to Michael and his family. If you would like to make a contribution in Michael's memory, the Kamen family asks that donations be made to the Mr. Holland's Opus Foundation. After composing the music for the film of the same name, Michael was inspired to do something to keep music alive in schools across the country, and through this foundation he has made it possible to continue to inspire and teach future generations of musicians. Donations may be made by mail, phone or online. For more information go to: http://www.mhopus.org/donate.htm<br><br>Question :
<i>“What would you say to a band that's just starting out on the rock scene today?”</i>
Cliff :
<i>“Quit!” </i>

Blessuð sé minning hans

<b>Rúnar Már Þráinsson skrifaði:</b><br><hr><i>Mitt álit er að ykkar álit skiptir engu og hún skal koma samt. segið mer samt ykkar álit.</i><br><h
Bassadót: FBass BN5 & MusicMan Bongo5 -> Line6 Relay G50 -> Ampeg PF500 -> Ampeg PF210HF