I want to take your hand, and together in little steps,
I want to walk with you to the Happy world.
There will be rocks in the way, some of them pebbles that can be easily brushed away and some of them mountains that seem impossible for Man to cross.
We will come across streams both deep and furious, that would wash us back to where we started or perhaps even further back.
These obsticles will seem frightning and zap our sprits to behold, but I know that together,
we can brush the pebbles from each other's shoes,
We can climb those mountains in the distance,
We can wade the raging torrents,
And prove to them that the only reason they are frightening is because we will be the first.

Even if it takes my entire life, I want to be by your side and walk hand in hand down that road. I want to be there for you when you trip over and fall, to extend to you my other hand and help you back up.
I want to be there to tell you jokes as the trees and the clouds go by.
I want to be there to hear you tell me how you think the clouds make funny pictures in the sky, about how you feel and about what you think.
I want to be there to lend you my ear, and my shoulder if you should need it, when you feel down. I want to make you smile because your smile is more inspiring than the dawning after the darkest night.

There will be rainy days on the way, and with such small umbrellas, I'm sure one of us is going to get wetter than the other.
But I know that if the clouds start crying and my umbrella breaks, you'll be right there for me to offer me a bit of space under yours.
And when the wind starts blowing and we get knocked off course, unsure of where we are or where we came from or even where to go, I know that as long as we're together, we'll always find a way back into the road.
With each other as a compass, all roads lead to the Happy World.

Sometimes, we'll get tired and wonder if this place, that seems so close in our hearts but so far away in our minds, is really worth the long walk to get to.
Doubt will blur our vision and we will wonder whether there even is a Happy Place at the end of this long road.
We will argue over what we think may be shortcuts but know to be dead ends.
We will stop, sometimes for a few minutes just to catch our breaths, and some times for much longer than we intend to. But in each others eyes, I know that we'll both see the place we want to be and that will raise our spirits and relieve our aching feet.

There will be other people traveling this road, perhaps not on the same route but always along the same path, heading for the same place.
Some of them will blaze past us and leave dust in our eyes.
Some of them will move so slow that Time itself will seem to be impatient.
But we will walk by our own pace, one step at a time, until we get to our final destination.
Some people will ask us to stop with them and rest, and we will stop and rest with them and hear their stories. But we will never forget that just as all leaves are swept up in the wind, so must we continue to be swept up by life until we reach the end of the Road.

When at last we reach the end of our journey, the end of this long and winding road,
Our bodies broken and our beauty vaning,
worn down to a nub by the never-ceasing wind
that we turned our faces to as we marched on,
And we shall feel Immortal.
We will stand upon the last hill and look behind us and see,
All the places we have left behind,
All the memories of all the people we met along the way,
All the world, in all it's glory;
Reflected in each others eyes.
We will walk at last, to this promised Happy Place
And notice nothing different in our hearts and souls,
But feel the warmth and love, in each others arms,
And slowly fall together, to the ground's embrace
And share a sweet slumber in each other's hearts.
Stoltur eigandi undirskriftar sem þjónar eingum tilgangi, nema hvað varðar að fá saklausa notendur huga til að lesa sig