Ég held þú ættir alvarlega að íhuga Suse 8.2 í staðinn fyrir RH. Þarft ekki að ná þér í mp3 support o.þ.h. Þarft einnig bara að brenna 1 lítinn fæl, boot.iso, sem þú færð á ftp://ftp.rhnet.is/pub/suse/i386/8.2/boot

Ég fann installation-leiðbeiningar á osnews.com - þetta segir sig ekki allt saman sjálft nebblega:

Upon booting from the cd, you will be presented with 7 selections, choose “Manual Installation” and press Enter.

Next:
a. Choose language ->English ->Press Enter
b. Keyboard map ->English (US) ->Press Enter
c. Main menu ->Kernel modules ->Press Enter
d. Load network card modules ->Press Enter
e. Select your nic ->Press Enter
f. module “mii” loaded successfully *fer eftir því hvaða nic þú ert með*->Press Enter
g. Please enter parameters for “your nic” *ég þurfti ekki að skrifa neitt hér*->Press Enter
h. module “your nic” loaded successfully! ->Press Enter
i. Tab to “Back” ->Press Enter
j. Main menu ->Start installation / system ->Press Enter
k. Start installation/update ->Press Enter
l. Please choose the source medium ->Network->Press Enter
m. Please choose the network protocol ->FTP ->Press Enter
n. Automatic configuration via DHCP? ->Yes ->Press Enter
o. Please enter the IP address of the FTP server ->0.0.0.0*

*This is where you have to enter a “numerical” IP address of the FTP server. There are 6 Suse ftp-servers in the US. You have to choose the nearest server.
The “numerical” IP address of the FTP server I am requested to enter corresponds to ftp://mirror.mcs.anl.gov, the question is how do I get this “numerical” IP address? By searching it at reverse-IP sites. Hence, my “numerical” IP address is 140.221.9.138
**Til að finna númerical IP hjá rhnet (sem er með íslenskann suse spegil) er nóg að pinga ftp.rhnet.is - ip-ið er 130.208.16.26**

o. Please enter the IP address of the FTP server ->**130.208.16.26**
p. Specify username and password for FTP installation? ->No ->Press Enter
q. Do you want to use a HTTP proxy? ->No ->Press Enter
r. Please enter the directory on the server ->
**/pub/suse/i386/8.2 ** ->Press Enter

… svo lætur maður þetta bara malla í smá tíma :)