IGN tók saman allt það sem þeir höfðu heyrt um DS um dagin og þetta var niðurstaðan

<i>Backward Compatible
Nintendo has remained very hush-hush about whether or not the DS portable, which will be positioned as the “third pillar” next to GameCube and Game Boy Advance, will actually be able to play current GBA software. However, insiders out of Japan have told IGN that the device in fact will be backward compatible with Nintendo's handheld and fully able to play GBA software.

Touch Screen
The Nintendo DS features not one, but two screens. According to insiders, at least one of the LCDs will in fact be a “touch screen,” or capable of receiving and transmitting input from fingers and pens by the touch. It is not known if the device will also ship with a stylus for tablet-like functionality.

No More Wires
The DS will feature high-speed wireless support. Though it's currently unclear what standard Nintendo will adopt for the DS, we're certain that it will utilize technology similiar to what it has just released on the Game Boy Advance in Japan.

The Issue of Price
Nothing confirmed, but at least one source alleges that the Nintendo DS would retail for approximately $129 in Japan, just slightly more expensive than what the GBA retails for in that market. No word on American or European prices.

Contradictory Reports
It gets a little iffy here. We've heard both that the DS will feature N64-like graphics and that it will deliver mostly 2D sprite-based graphics. Both come from historically reliable sources.

Cartridges Quicker, Cheaper
The DS cartridges feature memory technology by Matrix Semiconductor. This will allow Nintendo to produce cartridges far more quickly and cheaply than what the company is able to do with the Game Boy Advance. Currently third parties must manufacture GBA carts at costs from six to 10 dollars a unit depending on size and save RAM.

No Kits in the US Yet
When Nintendo announced the DS in January most North American developers were as surprised to hear about it as everyone else. This week several developers told IGN that Nintendo said “kits are on the way.”

</i><br><br><b>Tilvitnun:</b><br><hr><i><b><font color=“#0000FF”>Silungur</font></b><i><font color=“#008000”>með</font></i><b><u><font color=“#FF0000”>sultu</font></u></b></i><br><hr>
<a href=“mailto:jbm_six@hotmail.com”><font color=“#008000”>Webboy</font></a> <font color=“#808000”>obboslega</font> <font color=“#008080”>sniðugi</font> <font color=“#FF00FF”>skrifaði</font> <font color=“#800080”>þennan</font> <font color=“#C0C0C0”>kork</font