Þetta kom mér á óvart. Það er hætt við Shenmue III á XBox, og er hann nú þróaður á annari leikjatölvu. Það eru nú eitt ár og 11 mánuðir síðan leikurinn var fyrst tilkynntur, en áður hefur verið talið að hann átti að koma út á XBox. Það eru greinilega litlar líkur á því að hann komi út á GameCube, en sömuleiðis með PlayStation 2. Mín persónuleg skoðun er að grafík-engine leiksins verður tekin í gegn og leikurinn komi út á næsstu kynslóð leikjatalva.

Þetta stóð á www.Cube-Europe.com

Q: It's been almost 2 years since the confirmation of shenmue 3 being under development. And Sega-AM2 has not said word or reveal anything yet. Do u think there is some good progress made on shenmue 3 by now? Do u also think that there is a possibility that shenmue 3 could be reaching it's climax?~- From Kuko 19 years
A: My goodness, the Shenmue fans have been out in force this week haven't they? I got a few e-mails yesterday complaining about so many Shenmue questions but my mailbox was stuffed full of questions about Shenmue so the only thing I could do was put a few on the Q and A. Unto your answer, yes I think good progress was being made to Shenmue 3 on X Box but when it was decided to bring the game to another console it must have taken a lot of time to transfer the completed part of the game from the X Box unto which ever console they planned to release the game on. I am sure the game is still in development and as for when we will see a glimps of the game, I don't have a clue.

Q: In Nov 9, 2001 was when Shenmue 3 was confirm under development..Since then we fans of the series haven't heard no word on shenmue 3..Do u think that Shenmue 3 might of being cancell because of the lack of sells of shenmue 2X..? I also read about outrun 2 and Virtua cop 3 to be cancell for the Xbox, because of the lack of sells on the Japanese Xbox..Do u think that this will affect shenmue 3 to ever be release on the Xbox..? Or have they decided to restart the whole project on a different console..?~from Taki age:22
A: I have been told that Shenmue 3 has been scrapped on X Box (because of poor sales of Shenmue 2) and the project is currently being redeveloped on another console that has not been announced as of yet by SEGA (please make it be Gamecube!). Outrun 2 and Virtua Cop are not coming to X Box as SEGA are losing faith in X Box because of it's poor hardware sales in Japan. I repeat (for the fiftieth time) that Sehenmue 3 is still in development, it is a very popular SEGA franchise and has the potential to sell loads if released on the right console (i.e. Gamecube).
<br><br>Wilhelm_o@hotmail.com