Media-menn í Kanaríki sem ekki eru á móti Nintendo að eðlisfari halda ekki vatni yfir Metroid Prime. Nefni ég þá IGN dúdana. Ekki bara það að IGNcube hafi sullað gylltum lofum yfir MP heldur hafa IGNps2 dúdarnir líka slefað steinefnaríku slefi yfir hann. Þykir fólki líklegt að MP fái allt að 10 hjá IGN.

Hins vegar eru til einstaklingar og netmiðlar sem einfaldlega eru hlutstæðir þegar kemur að Nintendo vörum. Nefni sem dæmi preview frá Gamespot. Þar nefndu þeir ekki marga kosti við MP eða hversu <b>flottur</b> hann er heldur voru þeir að kjammsa á minniháttar göllum sem meðalspilari tekur ekki einu sinni eftir. Það finnst mér óþolandi. Líklegt þykir að GS gefi MP í kringum 9.

En hérna koma nokkrar línur úr IGN impressions:

<b>Fran Mirabella - IGNcube:</b>

Nintendo had not forgotten what the series was about – exploration and the thrill of being rewarded for it.

It didn't take long before I got the feeling of Super Metroid all over again

In my mind, it is more perfect and faithful to the original 2D games than I could have possibly every imagined.

Furthermore, in terms of pure gameplay design I found myself in awe at how much attention to detail there was. The gameplay is incredibly varied – more than any Metroid before it

I can't stress how rewarding Metroid Prime is to play.

It offers up an incredibly detailed and cleverly conceived gameplay experience that radiates with the kind of polish that Nintendo coats its Legend of Zelda series with. Even the much-debated controls work wonderfully

Metroid Prime's engine is perhaps the most stunning I've seen on GameCube

It's the same for the sound design, featured in Dolby Pro Logic II. The music, composed by Kenji Yamamoto who did the Super Metroid soundtrack, is once again pure genius

We'll have the full review for you soon, but feel free to do yourself a favor and pre-order this game immediately. It is that good and offers up around 30 hours of true, unrepeated gameplay time from start to finish. That doesn't even include all the extras and secrets you can find.

Let me leave you with the most uttered word whilst playing Metroid Prime: “Wow!”

<b>David Smith - IGNps2:</b>

I expected that it might be a good game, or even a great game, but it wouldn't be a Metroid game. In fact, however, that's exactly what it is, a proper heir to the series in every way.

Prime looks, feels, and sounds Metroid, while at the same time expanding the series with the more complex movement and combat that the 3D presentation allows.

Progression is designed and paced like the classic Metroids

Movement, again, is slightly limited by the absence of instant strafe controls, but oddly enough that doesn't become much of a problem

Prime has almost uncannily good first-person jumping controls

jumping never becomes the kind of hassle it was in Turok and the like. After a while, I actually sat back and wondered why the game wasn't making me angry. Normally, a first-person game with this much jumping would have inspired at least one broken controller. The double-jump controls, combined with smart platform placement and design, make for a frustration-free platforming experience.

It's a meaty game, much longer than I'd expected. More than 20 hours added up to barely 50% on the completion meter

difficulty ramps up neatly so that there's always a bit of challenge presented

I'm not sure if I'm supposed to be here to balance Fran's opinion, because in practice, I'll just throw the fulcrum even farther over. <b>Metroid Prime is a very strong contender for best of the year</b>, <i>and the first game that's made me take the GameCube seriously</i>

Metroid Prime is definitely an attention-grabber, and one that you'll want to grab in turn later this month.

<b>Dave Z - Ex-IGNps2:</b>

First and foremost, I honestly had no faith in Retro's ability to do a 3D sequel to a 2D masterpiece that it had no hand in creating.

I had become resigned to the fact that “Metroid Prime might turn out to be a good, or even a possibly great, game, but it would NEVER be Metroid.”

<b>Boy, was I wrong</b>

I can, with a smile, admit that my negativity towards this game was completely unwarranted. Retro Studios deserves much props and our undying gratitude for doing what thought to be impossible – successfully bringing the Metroid franchise into the third-dimension

<i>Retro has not only created a game that is deserving of the Metroid name, but it has crafted a sure-to-be masterpiece that even rivals the greatness of Super Metroid.</i>

Metroid Prime is Super Metroid in 3D. And for those of you that have never played the work of genius that is Super Metroid, this means that Metroid Prime is damn good.

Worried about all of the platform jumping sequences that are a staple in the classic Metroid formula? You can stop all that worrying right now

the two problems I had with it. First, during one of the boss fights the camera can be a nuisance when you go into your ball form. Second, there's this one particularly difficult stretch in between save points that didn't seem all that well balanced in comparison to what led up to and followed it. <b>That's it. Those are my only complaints about Metroid Prime.</b>

It's about as polished as a game could be and is clearly one of the “prime” candidates for Game of the Year. In fact, I'd go as far to say that it's a game that's worth buying a GameCube for and it's a title that may one day crack my personal list of top five games of all time.

Þetta er bara svona brot af því sem þeir sögðu… takið eftir því að bara einn af þremur er Cube-writer ;)<br><br><i> “What if everything you see is more than what you see, the person next to you is a warrior and the space that appears empty is a secret door to another world? What if something appears that shouldn't? You either dismiss it, or you accept that there is much more to the world than you think. Perhaps it really is a doorway, and if you choose to go inside, you'll find many unexpected things.” </i>
<b> -Shigeru Miyamoto </b>

<a href="http://kasmir.hugi.is/jonkorn"> Kasmír síðan! </a
Þetta er undirskrift