Viðtal við Shaq Þetta viðtal var tekið við Shaq eftir leik 2. Fyrst ætlaði ég að þýða þetta og var kominn með nokkrar línur þá sá ég að það tæki alltof langan tíma og yrði fáránlegt á íslensku!

Q: What was the key of the game for both teams?

O'Neal: We just wanted to come out, play with a lot of enthusiasm, a lot of intensity. We played a pretty good first half. Second half we got a little bit careless with the ball.

But we maintained our lead. Fisher hit a big shot down the stretch, and a couple other guys hit some big shots down the stretch. We walked away with this game.

Q: You talked about Derek. Talk about him, Kobe, they stepped up. Your defense, the whole team's defense, and their intensity tonight.

O'Neal: A couple of our guys didn't have a good Game 1. Maybe it was because of the layoff, not really playing that type of energetic ball the last ten days.

I knew this was gonna be a different game tonight. My guards played big, they played pretty big defense, shot the ball well. Coach wanted me to protect the basket more, we felt they were getting too many easy shots the first half. So I just tried to step my defense up the second half.

Q: You said some of your teammates didn't have great a Game 1. Was it your intent to get them involved when you kicked the ball out and a lot of stuff like that?

O'Neal: The reason why I kicked the ball out a lot, because they doubled. You know, when teams double us, you know, I look to get my other guys involved. You know, they shot the ball pretty good. They took care of the ball. You know, we realized that Philly is an energetic arena, feisty place, they're gonna be pumped up playing in their place. If we do what we're supposed to do, we'll be fine. It's a playoff series.

Q: With the next three games in Philadelphia, how important a win was this? Did you feel this was almost a must-win?

O'Neal: Yeah, I think it was a must-win. Now we just need to go to their place and get one or two games. I think we can do that. We play well on the road. We're real focused on the road. If we do what we're supposed to do, then we'll be fine.

Q: What about your road energy level? You guys have shown a good energy level during the playoffs. But this is a different series.

O'Neal: Yes, it is a different series, and we made it a different series. The first game we didn't play the type of Laker ball that we usually play all four quarters.

But we feel good on the road. We come together on the road. I think we can win on the road.

Q: In the fourth quarter, Shaq, when things started getting a little close, Shaw and Harper came in and seemed to provide a little bit of a veteran influence at one point. Did you feel a veteran influence was there?

O'Neal: Yeah, Harper came in. He only played a few minutes but he did a fabulous job for us, he hit a shot, got a free throw, got a steal, played pretty good defense. We're gonna be fine. If we just do what we've been doing, get the ball inside, shoot the ball well, take high-percentage shots, we'll be fine.

Q: This is the fourth team you guys have played in this playoffs. Can you talk about defensively how they may be different and may be a little bit more difficult than the other three?

O'Neal: I think they're pretty much the same. They're just a little bit feistier. They've been doing it all year. They just scratch and claw.
<B>Azure The Fat Monkey</B>