CARNALVAL: A three-day public orgy in Brazil has been postponed after complaints by the local Catholic church. Planned for a beachside brothel near Rio, as many as 1,500 people were expected to participate until the complaints from the church. But due to publicity over the church complaints, the orgy "will happen [later] in a bigger and better complex because attendance has increased by a lot,“ said a spokeswoman for Brazil's Hedonist Club, which is hosting the event. Will the terrorist crisis around the world put a damper on such anonymous sex play? ”For this kind of thing,“ said another spokesman, ”folks never have crises.“ (Reuters) …Well, not until after the doctor gives his diagnosis, anyway.

STUPID POLITICIAN TRICKS, ADVANCED DIVISION: Kansas State Senator Kay O'Connor admits she doesn't think women should have the right to vote. When asked by the Johnson County League of Women Voters to attend the League's ”Celebrate the Right to Vote“ luncheon, she told the group ”You probably wouldn't want me there because of what I would have to say.“ And what would that be? ”I'm an old-fashioned woman,“ the nine- year senator says. ”Men should take care of women, and if men were taking care of women we wouldn't have to vote.“ She told a reporter that women should stay home and raise families, rather than being ”forced“ to vote and serve in the legislature. Women have had the right to vote in the U.S. since 1920. (AP) …And it will be women who vote her out next election.

WARNING – ENTERING SLAPSTICK HUMOR ZONE: Oak Brook, Ill., Aramark employee Nolan Lett, 57, was hurt trying to enter his office building.
He tried to get in one door, but two Canada geese blocked his way. He went to another door, and a third goose blocked him. ”It started acting crazy,“ Lett said. ”I tried to hurry in the building, but it flew at my face. It was very ferocious.“ As he turned to run, he fell and broke his wrist. Aramark refused to pay his worker's compensation claim for the injury, so he sued. However, his attorney couldn't find any similar cases on which to base their claim – the closest case was a security guard who was hit by a stray bullet in a bad neighborhood. When attorney Steven Dyki argued that Lett's building ”was a ‘high-goose’ area, as opposed to a high-crime area,“ Aramark settled the case for $17,767.54. (Chicago Sun-Times) …C'mon, guys! Any woman could have told you any office building is a ”high goose area".
******************************************************************************************