Hinkypunk
Once again she sat in the library. Studying. Well, trying at least. It wasn´t that she didn´t understand her homework or the reading material. No, she knew that like the back of her hand.

What was bothering her sat five seats away from her, smelled of cologne, was 187 cm at height and had been given the name James Potter.
And the worst part about her staring at him was the fact that this wasn´t the first time nor would it be the last.

He had matured over the years. The times when he threw pranks on innocent students were over and the times were he showed responsibility for his action as well as maturity had come. This led to him becoming head boy.

She didn´t hate him. That was a misunderstanding that for some reasons still continued. She did indeed have a crush on him but through out the years she always found excuses to not date him. To not say yes to him.
But ever since last year she had been running out of excuses and she was afraid that perhaps the time for her to say yes had come.

“Hi Lily, sorry I´m late. You wouldn´t believe the amount of time professor McGonagall can talk. Amazing.” Said Katarina, her friend.
”It´s all right. I was just starting anyway.” Lily whispered and tried to act as is she hadn´t been staring at Potter.

“So, when is your next date with Potter?”
”What?” Lily blushed heavily. Katarina smiled and rephrased her sentence.
“When are you going to see Potter about the head boy head girl thingy?”

”Oh, that´s tomorrow. After classes. We need to talk to the Prefects about patrol during night. It seems that some idiots are doing damage to the paintings.” She answered as she worked on calming herself down.

“Right, so tell me, when are you planning on talking to Potter about your little crush that perhaps isn´t so little because you have had that crush for at least six of these seven years we have been here.” Lily turned red once more.

”Katarina, I don´t think this is the time nor the place to be talking about something like that. Especially with him sitting so close!” Katarina nearly stood up and went looking for him.
“Oh, there he is.” She said as Lily dragged her down.

“And our good and loyal friend is also here, Severus Snape, though he did give me a rather nasty look earlier.” Lily looked in Snapes direction and for a moment they stared at each other.
”So Lily, what can you tell me about hinkypunk?”

Fyrsta sinn sem ég sendi eitthvað hingað, svo ég vona að ykkur líki þetta. Og ekki fara easy on me. Segið eins og ykkur finnst.

P.S. Ég á engar persónur sem koma framm í sögunni. Nema kannski Katarinu.
If there is one eternal truth about politics, it is that there is always a dozen good reasons for doing nothing