“So have you planned your lessons yet?” Helga asked curiously.
“Of course,” Rowena replied shortly and Helga smiled and rolled her eyes. Her friend was always prepared as usual. “What about you?”
“Almost, I’m still not quite sure if I’m doing it right though.” Helga admitted.
“If you want I can help you.” Rowena offered and Helga smiled to her.
“That would be lovely thank you,” she said thankfully. “I wonder how the boys are doing,” she wondered out loud. Rowena gave a snort in amusement.
“I fear the worst.”
“There’s only one way to find out.” Helga and Rowena had arrived to the seventh floor and heard loud voices coming from the Gryffindor tower.

“This is so stupid!” Salazar exclaimed.
“It is not!” Godric protested. Salazar rolled his eyes.
“Yes it is. Why would anyone decorate a room like this?” he asked annoyed. Godric shot him a death glare. Salazar smirked and watched amused as Godric finished his spell. Then he looked proudly around the room.
“Done! This is spectacular,” he commented on his own work.
“No it’s ugly,” Salazar told him.
“Then tell me how it should be? You mighty interior designer.” Godric mocked. Salazar looked around thoughtful.
“Well for a start it should be green and not red. Those furniture’s are horrible, what were you thinking? And the wallpaper, honestly?” Godric gave a snort.
“This is the reason why I insisted to do this alone. You can decorate your own common room Salazar,” he huffed.
“Well I think I don’t need your help at it, the Gryffindor’s may live in such an indecent room but the Slytherin’s will not! I mean what’s next? Are you going to put dots on the floor?” Salazar drawled. Godric’s face lit up.
“Dots? Why didn’t you mention it before?” he asked excited.
“Merlin, I’ll make you dotted,” Salazar muttered under breath.
“What’s that?” Godric asked distracted.
“Nothing! Now if you will excuse me, I am going to decorate my own common room, that will be worthy of my name.” Salazar said smugly.
“Are you going to name the room Salazar Slytherin? Isn’t that a little self-centered Sal’?” Godric asked laughing. Salazar rolled his eyes.
“Hypocrite,” he muttered. “And stop calling me Sal’!” he added with a frown. “Just come by later and you will see a tasteful common room, something you have not experienced yet,”

“They are unbelievable.” Rowena said shaking her head.
“I know! I don’t understand why they can’t just get along?” Helga agreed.
“Boys.” Rowena said wisely and Helga chuckled.

“Well are you done?” Godric asked impatiently. Salazar appeared from the dungeons.
“Yes. Some of us did not take all afternoon for it,” he sneered. Godric rolled his eyes.
“Just show me the bloody room Salazar,” he said tiredly. Salazar led him down to the dungeons and in the new Slytherin common room.
“And that’s how you do it!” he said with a smirk as Godric examined the room.
“What’s with the snakes?” Godric asked him after a while.
“What?” Salazar looked puzzled.
“Why do you have snakes all over?” Godric repeated. Salazar looked around. The room was big. The walls were made of a big black stone and torches hung on them for the dim lighting. Heavy dark furniture’s filled the room. Words such as pride, pure and sly could be found on several places on the walls, likewise the Slytherin house crest. Corners were decked with a few statues of serpents. Salazar frowned and turned back to Godric.
“There are not snakes all over,” he replied annoyed.
“Yes there are. What is that in the corner? Over the fireplace? On the tapestry? And those five statues, what are they of?” Godric questioned.
“Okay so there are few serpents.” Salazar agreed.
“Snakes and serpents are they same thing Sal’.” Godric pointed out.
“Okay there are a few snakes, so what?” Salazar snapped.
“I’ll quote you: it’s ugly,” Godric mimicked his voice. Salazar glared at him angrily.
“It is not! At least I don’t have scrappy, ugly furniture all over.” He huffed.
“They are not ugly! And who cares? At least they are comfortable. My students won’t have to sit on rocks and stare at ugly snakes all day!” Godric yelled back.
“No but they-“ Salazar began but was cut off.
“What’s going on?” Rowena demanded. She and Helga had entered the room.
“He is mocking my common room!” Godric spat.
“No it is he who is mocking mine!” Salazar argued.
“And can either one of you tell me why you are behaving like such infants?” Helga asked them. Both Godric and Salazar looked ashamed. An awkward silence passed by.
“I’m sorry Salazar, your common room is not ugly.” Godric apologized.
“I know.” Salazar huffed. Rowena shot him a glare.
“Salazar?”
“Fine…neither is yours Godric.” Salazar muttered.
“Now that’s better!” Rowena said perky. She looked around. “Your common room is marvelous Salazar,” she commented and Salazar looked smug. “Though it has awfully a lot of snakes.” She added thoughtfully and Godric broke into laughs. Salazar sent him a scowl.
“Oh piss off will you?” he hissed. “And besides its not snakes, its serpents!”
“Erm… Salazar snakes and serpents are the same-“ Helga began but stopped by the look Salazar was giving her.
“It’s alright, we can fix this!” Godric said cheerfully.
“I don’t want it to be fixed Godric, I like it this way.” Salazar sneered.
“Really?” Rowena asked with a frown.
“Yes, really.” He stated annoyed.
“Don’t lie to yourself old chap. Now girls,” Godric turned to Helga and Rowena. “We have a lot work to do.”
“Right. The students will probably want to feel like home here so these furniture’s won’t do. How about something…softer?” Helga suggested.
“Definitely and perhaps something more colorful.” Rowena continued.
“Colorful? But it’s green!” Salazar pointed out irritated. But the other ignored him.
“You know, Sal’ told me earlier that he likes dots!” Godric said. Rowena opened her mouth to speak but was cut off by a loud noise. Salazar had left the room.
“Then dots it is.” Godric said with a mischievous smirk.

——

By Achilles

Takk fyri