Mundi allt í einu eftir að hafa skrifað þessa sögu fyrir ári síðan eða svo og ákvað að senda hana inn. Hún gerist á 7. ári James og félaga.

Allt sem tilheyrir galdraheiminum, s.s. persónur og annað, er í eigu J.K. Rowling, fékk það bara lánað.

Different Christmas.

“Hey Moony? Have you seen James?” Sirius asked as he entered the commonroom.
“McGonagall said Dumbledore wanted a word with him.” Remus answered, not looking up from the book he was reading.
“Why? Did he do something?”
“Not that I know off.”
Sirius sighed and sat down by Remus’ side. They were alone in the room, seeing as it was christmas break and not many stayed in the school.
After few minutes of silence, Sirius turned to Remus and with a wicked smile, he pulled the book out of his hand.
“Hey! I was reading that! Give it back!”
“Oh come on Moony, I’m bored.”
“Go find something to do then. You and James are just the same, if you don’t have each other to keep yourself occupied, you’re hopeless!” Remus said annoyingly.
“Yeah, and in those cases, you need to be there to save us from the boredom.”
“Oh, so now on top of everything else I save you from, I need to save you from your boredom? Don’t you realize how ridiculus that sounds?”
“Yeah, but what would the world be without a bit of ridiculusness? Is that a word?”
“No idea, and to be honest, I don’t care.”
Just then, the portrait of the fat lady swung open and in came no other than James.
“Hey Prongs? What’s up?” Sirius said happily.
“Not now Sirius.” James said softly without looking at them, as he headed for the dormitory.
“James?” Sirius asked a little surpriced.
“I said not now okay?!” James snapped annoyed before disappearing up the stairs.
“What’s up with him?” Sirius asked and looked at Remus for explenation.
“I don’t know, but I’m gonna find out. Come on.” Remus said and got up.

They found him leaning back in his bed, playing with his snitch and staring blancly at nothing in particular.
“James? Are you okay?” Remus asked as they approached him.
“Yeah, just leave me alone okay?” James answered not looking at them.
“We’re your best friends James, we know something’s wrong. Come on, tell us.” Sirius said worriedly.
James just looked down, but didn’t say anything.
“This is about something Dumbledore said isn’t it?” Sirius asked.
“There was…. an attack.” James began.
“Attack?” Remus asked confused.
“Yeah. On my parent’s house.”
“Oh. Was it bad?” Sirius said half dreading the answer.
“What do you expect Sirius? It’s deatheaters we’re talking about!” James said angrily.
“Hey, I’m sorry, it was just a question.” Sirius said a little hurt.
“No, I’m sorry. I know you mean well. My parents were home. They…. they didn’t survive.” James said and refused to look at either of them.
No one said anything for a long time. Remus and Sirius weren’t sure what to say or do, and James just stared out the window.
Finally, Remus sat down by James’ side and put a hand on his shoulder.
“James? Are you okay?”
“Yeah, I’m just… it’s just…. They’ve always been there, I didn’t always like them, or they me. I mean, I tend to disobey, specially at school. But they were always there. To listen to me, or yell at me for that matter. It’s just…. thinking of them not beeing there for my graduation, returning home and they aren’t there. And although I decided to stay here for christmas, having christmas knowing they’re not around…. it’s just wrong.” James said and dryed a single tear that escaped, still refusing to look at either of them.
“I’m so sorry James, your parents were great.” Sirius said and sat down against his friend.
“I know. I just…. I can’t believe they’re gone. I should have been there you know. Mum’s been begging me to come home for christmas.”
“Then we’d be sitting here mourning not only your parents, but you too James.” Remus said softly.
“Yeah, don’t feel guilty James, you know your parents are deffinatelly greatfull you weren’t there. We’re too you know.” Sirius said.
James looked at him and smiled a little.
“Thanks Sirius, you too Remus. Dumbledore offered me to go to my great aunt, but I didn’t want to. I’m glad I didn’t. I guess you’re the only family I got now. And Lily and Peter of course.”
“You can always talk to us you know mate.” Sirius said a little proudly.
“Yeah, you’re the greatest friends I could ask for.”
“James? Are you up there?” A female voice said from downstairs.
“Is that Lily? I thought she went home over christmas?” Sirius asked.
“So did I.” James said getting up. “Lily? You can come up, it’s just me, Sirius and Remus up here.” He said just outside their room. And sure enough, a moment later, Lily had her arms around his neck.
“I thought you were gonna go home for christmas?” James whispered in her ear.
“Yeah, sadly my sister decided to invite that damned boyfriend of hers to stay, so I figured I’d rather stay here with you.”
James smiled and tightened his hold on her.
“Is everything okay James?” She asked surpriced.
“Dumbledore just told me my parents are dead.” James said sadly.
“What?!” Lily said and pulled out of the embrace so she could face him. “How?”
“A deatheater attack.”
“Oh James, I’m so sorry!” Lily said and pulled him back into a hug, tears forming in her eyes.
“James? What happens after you graduate?” Lily asked after some time.
“I don’t know. My parents left me enough money, so I guess I’ll just find myself a flat or something. I don’t know, I haven’t thought so far yet.” He said and lead her over to his bed where they sat down along with Remus and Sirius.
“I’ve been wondering…. I mean, you don’t have to say anything now, just think about it. I don’t want to move in with my parents after graduation, that would mean I had to spend way too much time with my sister. We’ve been going out for two months now, we could…. I mean just if you want to… consider finding a flat together?” Lily said and blushed.
James stared at her in surprice. He knew he was suposed to feel terrible at the moment, he had just lost his parents, but that was just too good to be true. The girl… no, woman of his dreams, was suggesting they moved in together after graduation.
“Er… James? I think you should say something.” Sirius said after a while.
“What?” James asked snapping out of his daze. “Oh, sorry. If you’re sure that’s what you want, I’d be thrilled Lily.”
“Then, unless either of us changes their mind, it’s seattled. But now, you need to talk about your feelings, let’s go for a walk.”
“What?”
“I’m a girl, don’t you think I know what you need after news like you just got? Come on. I’m sure Remus and Sirius don’t mind. I’m gonna go fetch my cloak, see you downstairs in a bit.”
James just stared after her, but then started getting properly dressed.
“You know, I think this is going to be strange christmas. But at least good in some way.” He said and gave his friends a small smile before disappearing out the door.
“Nothing’s gonna be the same now, is it?” Sirius asked a moment later.
“No, I think James took the final steps to becoming an adult today. Maybe a little earlier than if nothing had happened, but he will be fine. I think this is the beginning of a new chapter in not only James’ life, but all of ours.” Remus said and gave Sirius a little smile.
“Yeah, we can’t let him have all the fun, can we?” Sirius said and smiled back before standing up and heading for the door.
“Where are you going?” Remus asked.
“To make sure James get’s the best christmas possible.” Sirius said and grinned at him.

The end.
Kveðja,