Þessi kafli er blóðugur… Vildi bara láta vita :)

I’m not in the mood, I’m NOT in the mood… Harry stood in the doorway, and was looking at the fucking dog that lay in the middle of the room, drooling all over. He took a step and was now inside the large chamber. As soon as he set a foot inside the room, the stone up in the ceiling opened, and revealed the only way out… The same way he came in. Harry stood there for a while, trying to figure out what to do. The hatch was to high up, so there was no way he could jump it, and the blades would probably cut him in half before he would reach five feet from the ground. Then a thought hit him. And with a wicked smile, the boy ran forward…

Remus Lupin was pacing in his room now, agitated. He could not sleep. True the full moon was just around the corner and he never could sleep much that time of the month. But this was different, why was he so restless. Why now? All evening he had been having a bitter taste in his mouth, he was sweaty and his blood pressure was over the top. Nothing much had happened as of late. Voldemort had not been active for many days. Perhaps that was it. He was getting a warning! Voldemort was up to something. Lupin got his robes, but before he reached the door, it got blown open and eight black hooded forms rushed into the room. Death eaters…

Minerva Mcgonagall was sitting in her office at Hogwarts reviewing some papers when she got the call. The galleon in her pocket suddenly heated up in a flash. Quite ingenious trick Granger thought of. Something was happening, someone was in trouble. She instantly apparated to the Order’s headquarters…

“They got him Minerva,” Arthur Weasley said, his voice cracking. The headmistress looked at him in confusion.

“Who’s got whom, Arthur?”

“Remus. The death eaters have got him. They say that if we don’t give them Harry’s whereabouts, they’ll execute him.”

“We don´t know where Potter, is, and they know this. Why would they try such a lame trick. I do not believe that we are dealing with Voldemort here, Arthur. (M.r flinched at the mention of Voldemort’s name). This act shows to much of desperation to have come from Voldemort. I think we can add another enemy to our list.”

“But who might they be?” Arthur asked.

“I do not know, any more than you do. I fear a word of this will reach Potter where ever he may be, and they will be waiting for him. But we must call a meeting at once.”

Harry was running towards the Cerberus. Oh, this must be the worst idea ever… Harry despite himself chuckled. His plan was to run up to the massive dog, jump up onto its back. He was counting on the thing to get up on it’s hind legs, and then Harry planned to jump and get to the ledge. Crazy.
Harry leaped into the air and landed on top of the dog, who as Harry had expected reared on it’s hind legs, and when Harry jumped both his momentum, the momentum of the dog carried him extremely high into air. The plan worked! But then he started falling. OK. The plan almost worked… He got out his bow and thrust it into a crack in the wall, stopping his descent. About one feet up there was a ledge, just wide enough for him to lever himself up and get his breath. As expected he heard the wizzling sound of two blades whirling around. Oh, come on! The blades aimed right at him and hit the wall on either side of the young boy. They bounced of and flew a long way into the dome. Harry looked around and realised that the hatch was closing. I’m fucked… It was time for extreme measures. As if my stunt with the dog wasn’t extreme enough… Harry took a short step backwards, tested the wall’s roughness. Satisfied, he jumped over the gap, and just before he made contact with the other side of the wall, he put his leg in it, kicked, and reached the other side, a little higher than before. He looked down in the middle of one jump and glimpsed the blades coming his way. The hatch was almost too tight for Harry to fit through, but he made it, grabbing the ledge, and heave himself up. As the rock closed the hole, Harry heard the blades hit the ceiling beneath him. Harry let out a long sigh. Well, I’d like to think it’s official. I’m the craziest person alive… Harry got up and went into the woods. Once there he sat down, took the cup from the bag, and gave it a closer look. No wonder Voldemort wanted that cup. I can almost see the power radiating from it. Harry turned it in his hands and saw the engraved badger on it.

Suddenly the eyes of the badger shone a blinding yellow light, hitting Harry straight in the chest. Not again… The pain was phenomenal. Harry fell from his seat, on his knees. His muscles started jerking, and he fell to his back. And then it stopped, just as abruptly as it had started. I think I’ll just pass out for a moment…

Remus Lupin felt horrible. No that would not be an insufficient adjective. He was beyond pain. Every bone in his body had been broken at least once, but then mended with magic. He had been cut, but then healed again, not leaving a single scar. How long he’d been there, he did not know, although he knew it had not been very long. A week, perhaps. The werewolves did not take lightly to traitors, and that was how they saw Lupin. He had met with Grayback, and it was him, who ruled everyone. A bad piece of furry sloth there… They both knew it would be long until anyone would find him. And they both knew that this was the place where the captive would die. Lupin did not care. He had made his peace. Death would be a nice change of pace…

Harry woke up, feeling sore. Miserable, actually. But at the same time he felt more powerful than ever. Hufflepuff must have stored some of her own powers in the cup, for someone in real need to take… Lucky the cup didn’t see Voldemort as fit as he did me he he. He got on his feet, feeling dizzy. Water might do me good. He walked up to the next stream, got a little in his palm, and drank it. Drying his hands he felt an extremely strong presence behind him. He turned around swiftly, blades drawn, and saw a transparent figure standing there. The vampire? No way… He was dead already, he can’t have turned into a ghost… It’s just not possible. Harry slowly got into combat stance, but the ghost held out his hands, palms forward, meaning him no harm…

“Put away, your weapons, mighty warrior. I mean you no harm. I owe you a dept. A dept I must pay if I’m to pass on. Will you hear me, mortal?”

Harry put away his swords, and crossed his arms in front of his chest.

“Speak.” The vampire regarded him with a somber expression on his face, and replied;

“Someone you hold dear is being held captive by Fenrir Greyback. (The vampire’s mouth twisted as if the mere name of the creature was offending him). And he will surely die if you do not hurry there to get him out. This is a trap, I know, but if anyone has a chance of getting him out of there alive, it’s you.” And the vampire gave Harry the location of the Werwolve's lair.

“I have paid my dept to you, and I shall go now. Farewell.” And just like that Shadowstalker disappeared into thin air.

I’d best check that out…

Harry flew faster than he had ever done, lying flat on his broom, shaking with the cold. The damned dogs were holding someone he knew and that could not stand. He would not let that stand. Nothing would get in his way. Nothing… He was not about to loose the only thing that connected him to his parents…

Later that night, somewhere high in the mountains, Harry found the cave entrance the vampire had spoken of, very well hidden, and he most likely not have found it had it not been for his new powers. He rounded a smooth curve in the hillside, and there it was, the small opening, that would eventually lead him to Remus. As he continued on his way, he heard a voice, stopping him in his tracks.

“Damn Grayback, damn him to hell. Why do I always have to stand guard. Why would anyone have to stand guard. There’s no way anyone can find this fucking hole… And what’s with that damn Lupin anyways? It’s not like he would give up the location of the prat, it’s just not probable… Hmph… I’ve got to stop talking to myself…” The man never noticed the boy standing above him on a large boulder, and as a result, he never knew what hit him…

Harry jumped the man, knocking him out, with the loyal hit on the left temple… He dragged the man out of sight, bound and gagged him. Now don’t go wandering off. He crept into the cave, and stealthily he moved around the complex, which constantly led him down into the ground. Oh, come on! I’ve had it with underground complex’s. Can’t you people come up with anything else? He rounded a bend in one corridor, and heard voices coming his way. He jumped silently onto a ledge above him, hoping to avoid them two forms that were moving his way. Of course he had no such luck. Typical… The pair, a woman, and a man had stopped in the hallway, sniffing around, obviously finding the unknown scent troubling. The smell led them looking up, but they saw nothing, the ledge was wide enough to hide a full growing man, and for that Harry was grateful.

The woman jumped up on the ledge and saw a man was crouching there. She was surprised to see a man there, but what surprised her even more was the fact that Harry Potter had walked into the trap. Hah! She saw the boy’s outfit, and was a bit taken aback by his appearance. Something is off about him… I feel something, something feral inside him… The woman did not get any further into the thought because Harry suddenly lunged forward and collided with the woman, knocking her of the ledge. As they fell down Harry got out the knife he had in his boot and thrust it into the man’s neck. He was disgusted by this, knowing full well that this was a killing move, and he hated killing, completely loathed the very idea of murdering someone. But now, it was a matter of survival, kill or be killed. As he and the woman hit the ground, she attempted to scream, but Harry got his knife up to her throat, pressing slightly against the skin.

“Shhh. Be quiet, and I just might let you live.” Smooth, Harry, smooth. You sound like a fucking maniac… Oh, right, I established that with the wall jumping… The woman relaxed a bit, but was utterly furious.

“Can I release you, now, you won’t try and scream, or kill me? You saw what I did to your man, here. You want some?” OK. More of that, and I’ll have to enroll myself onto the special ward at St. Mungo's… The woman nodded her head slowly, her eyes on fire. Harry released her.

“Now. I guess you know why I’m here, don’t you?” Harry asked.

“Yes, you fool, you’re going after Greyback!” The woman hissed. Harry looked at her with a comical expression on his face.

“If it has to come to that, yes. But he’s not the reason for me being here.” Think a little, and you must come up with it…” The woman was silent for a little while, but then had a revelation;

“You’re trying to rescue that traitor Lupin, aren’t you?” Harry nodded. Not the sharpest tool in the shed, now is she?

“No I’m not trying. I’m going to save him. And there is nothing you or anyone else for that matter is going to stop me. Now, how about giving me some directions. I need to know where I am and where to go. You’re going to help me with that? No? Well I guess then I have no more use for you.” I’ve lost it… Harry pressed the knife harder, and a little drop of blood trickled down the woman’s neck.

“Wait! I’ll tell you.” Smarter than she seems, isn’t she?

Five minutes later the woman was lying unconsciousness on the aforementioned ledge, next to the body of the man.

Harry swiftly made his way towards the sell where Lupin was kept. Stick to the shadows. He was getting increasingly restless about the fact that he had not run into a single werewolf since his encounter with the pair about fifteen minutes ago. Straight, left, right, left, left, straight, right. Down the stairs, the second tunnel to the right. And there it was. The cell. He crept closer, not making a sound. Inside there was no one… Harry looked around, scared, feeling hopelessness taking over. Get your act together, man! And so he did. He noticed a small trail of blood leading from the cell. I don’t like this… He followed the trail, feeling somewhat uneasy about what he might find.

Lupin was in hell. At least he thought he was in hell. His body felt as if he had waded through a see of fire, such was the fever he suffered. His wounds had gotten infected by something, and he felt weak. But something was approaching this place, something powerful, something wild.

Harry was running now, taking no heed to hiding, or stealth, he knew what was in store for Lupin. He was sure beyond doubt that Greyback had never intended to let his friend go. Not alive, at least. As he descend ever lower into the earth, he heard distant voices, chanting heavily. Please. Let me get to him in time… He got to the entrance of a huge chamber, and in the middle of it was a long pedestal. On it lay Lupin, his body all bruised, and covered in cuts, both shallow and deep. A massive figure of a man was standing there, a rock in his hands. So Greyback has indeed escaped…

“Before you lies a man, that sold us out to wizards. A filthy piece of meat. It shames us that a another werewolf did such a thing! Now there is time for his judgement. Who will see him die!?” The room exploded with cheers, all wanting the already dying man’s blood.

“To the abyss, we send you scum!” Fenrir raised the rock in his hands above his head, ready to let it fall when;

“Greyback!” The wolfman turned slowly and saw a tall man standing in the doorway. This was a man such as he had never seen before. He showed no sign of fear even though he was in a room with five hundred angry werewolves. The man took a step forward and shouted;

“Everybody out. Werewolves, Hexenwolves, Loup-Garou’s and Lycantrophes. All but you,” the figure said, pointing at Greyback himself. The werewolf leader was getting uneasy, now. He could feel something feral about the man, something wild, and phenomenally powerful. The other wolves must have felt it too, because the mass of people soon started to wear thin, except a few.

They’re leaving. Good. Harry thought. All except the skinny ones. Ah, yes they must be the Hexenwolves. What did the book say… Oh, right: (Hexenwolves, or Hexenwulfen originally come from Germany. They rely upon a belt made by an evil warlock, that they touch to become werewolves. But there’s a chacth. Those who choose this life will become addicted to blood. They frequently appear to be skinny, underfed, and disgusting.) That’s true… (They lose all sense of reality, and will stop at nothing to get their dose of blood…) Harry snapped out of his trance, and took a step back. The folk, ten in total were approaching. They looked hungry enough. They stopped a few yards away from Harry, reaching to the inside of their clothes.

“Don’t do it. It’s not worth it… I’d really not want to kill you, just let it go. Go on, leave. My quarrel is with Fenrir, not you lot. The only reply was a snarl from the mouths of changing people.

Lupin lay on the stone, and woke up to the snarls. He looked up and saw Fenrir looking mesmerized at something happening out in the room. He raised his head and his jaw dropped when he saw what was going on. A man was fighting ten wolves, the Hexenwolves. But most importantly, he was not trying to kill the cursed people. Rather, he was trying to figure out what to do.

“Aim for the belts!” Lupin shouted, hoarsely. The young warrior acknowledged the comment with a loud yell of his own.

“I know, dammit!” Lupin almost hit his head with surprise. He knew that voice. Harry… But how’s that possible? This was a man, not a boy. He was too tall to be Harry, and he had too much muscle, and was fighting with a sword. And what was that feral power that was literally radiating out of him? Lupin passed out…
Fenrir Greyback was watching the events that were happening in front of him. He was speechless. The unknown man was fighting the Hexenwolves with wild abandon. But he sould be dead by now… He’s too fast, way too fast. I can smell something odd about him, something isn’t right with him…

Harry was getting tired of this constant rolling around, trying to find a weak spot on the creatures, he wasn’t about to find any. Finally after a while, he stopped. Draw them in… The wolves slowly made their way forward, sharp teeth showing, growling, bloodlust in their eyes. As soon as they were in reach, Harry suddenly moved in a blur, hacking the belt of every wolf, who in turn changed and lay on the floor unconscious. Harry now turned towards Greyback, who had apparently snapped out of his trance, and was reaching down to Lupin, his claws out.

“Oh, no you don’t!” Harry ran like hell, jumped onto the pillar, his swords raised for the kill, but he missed the werewolves neck by mere inches. Damn, still his momentum brought Fenrir down, almost knocking him out. Harry used what little time he had to check upon Lupin. He lay his hand upon the older man’s chest and found to his horror that the heart had stopped beating. Remus Lupin was dead.
“NO!” Harry cried, tears falling freely now. His shoulders shaking with the sobs. He felt as if he had taken a knife and thrust it into his heart, such pain he felt. And then he heard the laugh. A cold cackling laugh, that came from the mouth of Lupin’s killer. Harry turned, fire in his eyes, and hatred boiling in his blood. He was still sobbing, but he had it under control. The werewolf was still smiling, and his shoulders were heaving with silent laughter. Harry rose, and seethed the blades. That got Greyback of balance, and he abruptly stopped laughing.
“What are you doing? You don’t think you can fight me with your bare hands, do you?” The mocking tone in the elder’s voice was more than Harry could take. Give in to it… Harry felt his body change, and suddenly his eyes were much lower than before. Greyback watched with horror as Harry turned into a huge panther…

The fight could have rocked the earth on it’s foundation. The hisses from Harry/panther, and the growls from Greyback in his werewolf form. They clashed again, and again, scratched each other terribly, blood gushing in all directions. They had been at it for hours, and were both tired, no exhausted, agony had taken over searing pain, and muscled were jerking, due to many gashes. But Harry slowly had the fight going his way. He was younger, and he was simply stronger. True, Greyback had years of experience, but they were no match for young Harry’s hatred, anger and agility. Harry lunged forward, and bit Greyback in the front thigh, twisting and braking the leg. He, as soon as the other fell tore out Fenrir’s windpipe. The body of the werewolf changed, and was turned into it’s human form. Harry changed as well, turned away, and vomited. The taste of blood in his mouth was disgusting, and he felt appaled that he had killed in such a way. What is done is done. He slowly made his way towards the dead man, and closed his eyes. In death, show your enemy the same respect as you would a friend. One who does not respect life and death is better dead…

He walked up to Lupin, and took him in his arms and carried him out, taking no heed to his wounds that were bleeding freely. On his way, he intied the woman from before, and she went into the chamber, where Greyback lay. She came running back, but did nothing, she just ran outside.

As Harry got out the door, he was met with bright sunlight. How long was I in there? Looking at the sun, he estimated that it was early in the afternoon. At least 18 hours… He looked around and noticed every wolf there had been in the hideout was looking at him in awe, fear and respect. He gave them no heed, just made his way to the nearest grassy hill. He gently put Lupin down, and started digging a grave for his friend. That took a while.

When done, he put Lupin in the grave, but not after searching the body for the wand, and when he found nothingm he raised his hand, and whispered;
“The wand.” He didn’t even look up, just kept his hand like that, for a close to a minute, and then felt a hard piece of wood handed to him. He snatched the wand from who ever it was that handed it to him. He put the wand on top oh Lupin’s chest, and closed the grave. He raised his hand, and after a while, a man sized block tore out of the mountain, and flew over to where Harry was. The block, Harry gently placed up on the grave, and pressed it a little into the earth, to fasten it. He willed his magic into his right index finger, and wrote on the stone;

Here rests Remus. J. Lupin,
A marauder,
A loyal friend, and a good man,
Remus; we’ll forever miss you.

Sorrý hvað ég var lengi að updeita, var og er í prófum…