Ronald Weasley lay in his bed at the Burrow, next to a sleeping Hermione. She looked so peaceful when she slept. That’s when we forget the troubles of the world around us and venture into a world that only we know of. The world of our dreams. As he lay in his bed, Ron remembered a fateful night two years ago…

“He’s gone.”
“Who’s gone”
“Harry. He’s gone.” Ron looked at his mum with a sceptical look on his face.
“What do you mean he’s gone? Harry wouldn’t do that, not to us. He said he was going to take us with him!” Hermione laid a relaxing hand on his shoulder, which seemed to calm Ron considerable.
“Well we’ll just have to go look for him, then don’t we? He can’t have gone far.” Ron made to leave for his room when his father stopped him.
“We won’t find him, Ron. He said that we shouldn’t try and find, because we wouldn’t.” Ron turned on his heel and faced his dad and looked him straight in the eyes, took a deep breath, as if to calm him self.
“What! You don’t want to go look for him. I know Harry and the last time I looked, he wasn’t really a master of disguises. He isn’t exactly the most discrete person I know, so we should be able to find him.
“And what would that accomplish, Ron? He would just leave again. He didn’t say, but I think Dumbledore put this task in Harry’s hands. And so I think we should honour Dumbledore’s requests and let him go,” Arthur said gravely.
“But he’s so young, Arthur. He’s not even completed his schooling! He can’t do this alone,” Molly Weasley said, sobbing still despite Ginny’s efforts to calm her.
“I doupt that Dumbledore would let Harry be on his own. I’m sure he has someone to help him. Now it was Ginny’s turn.
“But that does not change the fact that Harry is our friend and we can’t let him face Voldemort on his own. We… I just can’t. He needs us.”

Arthur looked at them tiredly. This was bad, really bad. Why had Harry done this? He was young, but then again, he had a certain responsibility, he had to rid the world of Voldemort’s evil.
“I do not approve of Harry’s actions, any more than you do, Ginny, but he made that choise. It may be that he made it without much thinking and he might have done it to protect the lot of you, but we must remember that Harry is well capable of taking care of himself, we’ve seen it time and again. Just let him go. If he needs us, he will contact us.” He looked around at the people present in his kitchen and what a desperate and hurt they were, the lot of them.
“ I just can’t believe he would do this to us. He knows how much we care for him,” Hermione said in a shaky voice. We all know he extremely protective for those he loves, but taking such drastic means isn’t like him. He isn’t so selfish…”

Left, right, straight forward, past three doors, down the stairs to the dungeons, past the kitchens, up the stairs, past the family crest, left right, straight forward, past three doors… Wait, the three doors? Damn it! Right, left, past the family crest… DAMN!
Harry Potter wasn’t exactly having the grand time of his life right now. He had been exoploring the castle for at least three hours and it felt like ha was walking through a maze. He always ended up at the same place again. Frustrating. He sat down at the lounge and let out a long sigh. Maybe it was time he talked to William and let him help out.

“William!” The ghost came through the wall right next to Harry, nearly giving him a heart attack.
“The master called”
“Uuuh, yeah, I did. I don’t seem to be able to make my way around this place. I was wondering if you might be willing to show me around?”
“Why of course, young master, that’s why I’m here, to help you get your bearings.” And so for the next few hours they walked around the castle and William showed Harry the secret of making his way through the castle. Apparently you had to open the doors in the castle in certain order to enter another area on the place. If you wanted to get to the library, you had to go through the doors on your left from the lounge and then into the hall with the three doors. And then choose the door in the Middle. And it seemed that all hallways led to that certain area. The stables could be reached if you took the the door in the far right corner of the lounge and then choose door number three.

By dinner time, Harry had finally gotten the hang of it and had his dinner. Then he went into the library, which he was sure held many interesting books that might help him in his quest. One book got his attention right away: Fighting the creatures of shadow: Documented by: Godric Gryffndor, Helga Hufflepuff, Rowena Ravenclaw and Salazar Slytherin. He turned the page and started reading. He went through many, many creatures, but having learned much a about many of them, he skipped some chapters until one caught his eye:
How to protect yourself and ultimately kill the strongest beasts:

Like with everything in this world, evil creatures come in all sizes and different shapes. Some are stronger than others, while some are faster and often more wicked. Giants, while not rated as “evil” can be quite dangerous and utterly difficult to kill (if needed). Spells, much like with dragons do little against their extremely magic tolerated skin and so our advice to you is to use a weapon with sharp edges, sword is the most effective, and cut the tendons in his ankles and he falls down. A bit brutal, but effective non the less. But fighting the dark arts, and creatures in a matter of survival, not chivalry.

Dragons however can be defeated in a breeze. Just aim your wand/ weapon at their eyes and attack. Their sight is stolen from them for quite some time, allowing you to escape. Don’t ever try and kill a dragon, it is a lost cause, it can’t be done. No sword, or any weapon at that can pierce the hard scales. So if you get the dragon blinded, you would do well to take your leave and run.

And that evening, Harry read about many creatures, and the countless ways to defeat them. He read on and on, and finally found what he had been looking for:

Horcuxes are black magic in it’s darkest and most vile form. No magic, except the cruciatus curse is more evil. We will not reveal in this book how to make one, but we will give you a fairly good idea of how to destroy it. There are no spells that can destroy a horcux. We have tried and failed, tried and failed. Strong emotions however can prove vital in the undoing of a horcrux. Not much unlike the Patronus charm, one must conjure powerful emotions from the very bottom of one's soul, such as love, honour, and even hate can break it, it all depends on your state of mind…
Harry stopped reading, thinking hard. He had not understood how he had destroyed the locket, but remembered an intense rush of emotions coming from him. He suddenly heard a faint shrill from a certain phoenix with a golden tail. Hs head became heavy, his vision blurred, and before sleep took him, he remembered what Dumbledore had said.
“You were right,” he whispered into the now darkened room.
“Love is my greatest strength, love conquers all…”
His eyes grew to heavy and inevitable sleep took him…