Harry turned and nearly dropped his wand from shock. The figure in the doorway was a ghost. The ghost seemed to be old, to have died a long, long time ago. His clothes looked rich, so Harry assumed he had been a waiter in the house of Gryffindor.

“Would the master care to step inside, please…” The waiter stepped aside and let Harry into the castle. There were tapestries all over the walls; many of them were images of Hogwarts in its prime. Harry simply stared at them with sad eyes. He missed Hogwarts, the laughter, joy and all the secret passageways he’d come to know in his time. And now it was over for him. He would never return to that only haven he had on this earth. He was then distracted by the smell of warm food. He snapped out of his trance and headed into the dining room. There, the ghost had set a table for him and when Harry sat down, the waiter took his leave, moving to stand next to the wall along with another ghost, who looked like she was a made.

Harry began eating and ate like he hadn’t gotten a descent meal in a long time (witch he hadn’t). All the time the two ghosts stood by the wall, not making a sound. But that didn’t mean they weren’t forming their opinion in him.

Mary O’Boyle, the made looked at the young man curiously. He did look allot like her old master, Godric Gryffindor. She scanned him from the toes up and her eyes stopped at the sight of the boy’s hair, which stood out from the back of his head like barbed wire.
“What is it with the males of this family and that hair? Master Gryffindor had the same hair, uncontrollable and what a problem it always was! Well he must be a descent sort since he looks so like master Godric.” And so, the old made decided, she liked the young man sitting in front of her…

William O’Quinn was quite impressed by the boy’s epitome. He looked a lot like Master Gryffindor himself and that had to be a good sign. The boy hadn’t said much, and the old waiter really could not blame him. Being in the home of one of the founders of Hogwarts had to be a shock, and to find out he was his heir, well the old man could not even imagine how hard that had to be. But he, William had always been keen on judging people’s character and the boy seemed to be made of such noble spirit and love for all that vas good in this world, that he was surprised that such amount could actually fit in one person. He liked him. He liked Harry Potter…

Later that night, Harry lay in his four poster bed, looking at the sealing, thinking. So he was Gryffindor heir. Well that was a surprise. But then again it wasn’t a complete shock. How else would he have been able to pull the sword out of the sorting hat in his second year? And why had he been chosen as the fighter against Voldemort’s evil? After all, Voldemort was Slytherin’s heir, Gryffindor’s long time rival and nemesis. And his parents had lived in Godrics hollow, that clue was a dead give- away. Harry fell asleep and drifted into the realms of dreams…

He woke up with a start.
What time is it?
It’s brunch, time sleeping beauty! Get up and do something! What had I planned to do? Sleep all day?
Harry yawned heavily and got up. He then noticed the new set of clothes, which had been prepared for him. He put them and checked himself out in the mirror.
He looked at his reflection, and it wasn’t too shabby. True, he wasn’t the greatest muscle man around and he looked under fed, but the clothes looked good and so, he looked good. The cloak was red with golden trim, Gryffindor colours. And then it hit him; how could he have trusted the two ghosts so blindly? Was he loosing it? He then got a mental image of Mad- eye Moody, which was followed by a loud yell; “Constant vigilance!”
“Yeah, you said it, Mad- eye.” Harry then made his way out of the room and was startled by William’s sudden appearance by his side.

“Good morning, sir. Can I get you anything?” Harry looked at the old spectre with an amused look on his face. How could he have thought old William had any ill intensions? He looked kind of like someone’s great, great, great, great, something grandfather.

“No thanks, William, I’m not hungry, but thanks.” The waiter didn’t look offended in any way, so Harry decided to explore the castle, which was bound to hold many secrets to be found…

“Ginny, come in and eat your supper!” Molly Weasley yelled at her daughter, the same night Harry vanished. Ginny reluctantly came indoors and sat at the table.

“Oh, mum why can’t I just eat when I want to? Ron and Hermione do it?” Molly looked at her daughter and sent her one of her looks that made most people shiver, Ron amongst them.

“Because Ginny, I say so, and while you are underage, you do what I tell you!” And so the family, along with Hermione had their dinner in peace and quiet.

Later that same night Petunia Dursley walked at Harry’s door, knocked on it and spat: “dinner!” When she got no reply what so ever, she just walked downstairs and had her meal, with her pig- faced son Dudley and the other pig, Vernon. When Harry did not come down, Vernon decided that such behaviour was not acceptable in his house.

“You better do as your aunt tells you to do! Did you hear me boy?” Vernon got no reply from inside the room, so he opened it and was shocked to find the room empty, the bed made, but all the boy’s things were in there. Then he noticed the letter on the desk. He brought it down to Petunia, who opened it and began reading.

To the Dursleys.

By the time you read this, I will be gone, and you will most likely never see me again. I want to begin by thanking you for taking care of me al these years. Since you, uncle Vernon have gotten your most desired wish granted, me being gone, I have nothing more to say to you. Dudley, keep on your diet. I may not like you, but I’d really not like to hear that you died out of a heart- attack by the age of thirty.
And to aunt Petunia, I say this: I know you do not like me, and that you most likely did not shed a tear when you heard about my mother’s death, but I feel compelled to say that you have always meant a great deal to me, and so I’ll tell you why I left. I left because your family is in danger when I’m with you. Lord Voldemort, the “man” that killed my parents has returned as you well know, but what you don’t know is that he’s after me again, and has in fact tried to kill me quite a few times in the last few years. And he’s at it again. Dumbledore is dead, and with him many lost hope of winning the war we’re fighting against him. So I feel it to be my duty to rid the world of him and his followers. So if we never see each other again, think better of me, and if not for me, then do it in the memory of my mother.
Harry James Potter

Petunia stared at the letter and was trembling. She felt sick. She felt afraid, for Harry. She might not like him, but no child should have to bear such burden. She stood still for few minutes more and then started cleaning the house, the only measure she knew to regain her wits…

Hedwig flew swiftly through the air, carrying a letter to a certain house she’d been quite a few times. She started her descent and flew inside her favourite window, the kitchen window, where Molly Weasley was doing the dishes.

“What are you doing here Hedwig? Does Harry not know he’s not supposed to send letters?” She then removed the letter from the owl’s leg. The letter was signed: To the Weasleys

Dear Weasleys, and Hermione if you’re there. I will be gone by the time you read this; I’ll be gone in search of Voldemort’s Horcruxes. I know this may come as a shock to you all, but this is something I must do. And yes I do realise that this may be a bit selfish on my part, but it is for the greater good. I cannot drag you into this war, so you must do what you please, but do not come look for me, ‘cause you’ll not find me. I want to thank you, Mrs. Weasley for all you have done for me; I really do love those sweaters you knitted for my Christmas presents. Mr. Weasley, I thank you as well, for you have always been kind to me.
Ron, you’re my best mate, and that’s why you can’t come with me. Please move on with your studies and return to Hogwarts this year, if it will still be open, that is. Keep Hermione safe for me and you two stay together, you hear.
Hermione, you keep up the good work at school, I know you will, and keep those first years in line! And do try and teach Ron not to talk with food in his mouth.
Ginny. I know we did end up on the wrong foot at the end of term, but make no mistakes, I love you and I left to keep you safe, I have to destroy Voldemort, I just have to. Ginny, you’ll not be safe until he’s gone, or anyone for that matter, and so I feel it to be my sacred duty to rid the world, Wizard, and Muggle alike of that bastard and his minions. If this should be the last time you lot hear from me, and then I wish you a long life of happiness and of joy in a world free of the evil of Voldemort.
Harry.

Molly was crying now, trying not to fall down onto the floor from the shock. He was gone, her eighth child was gone. How could he do this to her, how could he just leave like that?

“Mum, where is my jumper?” Ginny saw her mum in a stool by the sink, her hand on her chest. She was crying silently looking at a sheet of parchment, her hands trembling.
“What’s wrong?” Molly, unable to speak just handed Ginny the letter and the girl read it. By the time she was finished, she also was in tears.
“RON, HERMIONE, DAD!”

The three came into the kitchen running.
“What’s going on?” Ron asked in a sleepy voice. He then heard his mum whisper between the sobs;
“He’s gone.”
“Who is gone?”
“Harry. He’s gone…”

Vona að ykkur fynnist kaflinn góður…