Þetta er stuttur spuni sem ég skrifaði fyrir löngu.

Ath. Þetta er Slash eða með öðrum orðum kk/kk. Hinsvegar er ekkert neitt gróft í þessu, ekkert kossaflens einu sinni.

Já, og þetta er Draco/Harry.

A Whiskey Lullabye

by Kat Potter

Rating: pg-13 - R

Summary : Harry suffers after losing the person closest to him. Can he survive? One-shot

Disclaimer : I do not own Harry Potter nor anything else. No money is being made from this.

An : This was inspired by the Brad Paisley song “A Whiskey Lullabye”

Warnings : implied slash, character death

~*~

He sat on his bed with a picture of him in one hand and a half empty bottle of whiskey in the other. He took another sip from the bottle and stared at the picture of the platinum blonde who had stolen his heart years ago. 'Why did you have to leave me? I needed you. Is that so much to ask for? Hmm? One little, itty bit of happiness in this fucking life? Of course not! The great Harry Potter mustn't be happy or else the world will explode!' He snorted drunkenly to himself. He was wallowing in his usual cloud of misery and self-pity, trying to drown his sorrows in the whiskey.

They had been so perfect for each other, though if you had asked him in his first years of Hogwarts he would have had you committed to St. Mungo's. That had all changed when Malfoy Sr. was imprisoned in their fifth year. Jr. had come crawling to Dumbledore, begging him to help him, to prevent Voldemort from branding him. So Dumbledore had placed him with Harry at the Dursley's. After all, if it could keep Harry safe, the Death Eaters most wanted man, then it was sure to keep Draco safe. So Harry and Draco had been placed under the same, small roof with only three muggles to stop their brawling. A large part of the Order had been ready to send Dumbledore to them mental ward at St. Mungo's. However, it didn't turn out as bad as they thought it would. The boys held out for about a fortnight, then a fight broke out. It lasted for about two hours, the Dursleys too afraid of the two wizards to try and break them up. So the boys were left to work out their differences, in a rather violent way. It turned out to be the best thing that could have happened. After that, the two were completely inseparable. They trained together in preparation for the war and, as fate would have it, did the last thing that anyone would have ever dreamed of. The two most famous rivals in all the history of Hogwarts fell in love.

There were skeptics, of course, but anyone who really knew them could see that they were made for each other. Soul mates, really. Two halves of one whole. They had planned to get married and have dozens of children as soon as they could get rid of Voldemort. They decided to bond themselves together, body, mind and soul. This, of course, meant that they shared magical powers. It was exactly what Harry needed to get rid of that bastard. Harry would never forget that day. The day the two most important people in his life disappeared forever.

~*~

Harry watched the last remains of the maniac that had ruled his life drift away. Then he turned around to face Draco and pulled him into a heated kiss. They finally pulled apart and Harry looked into his lover's eyes.

“We're finally free.”

Draco smiled at him. “Yes, we are, at last.”

Out of the corner of his eye, Harry could see one of the few Death Eaters left standing, Ian Mcnair, coming towards them, a look of pure rage in his eyes. Harry pushed Draco out of the way and turned to face Mcnair himself. He was quickly disposed of with a few well-placed curses.

“I'm not going to lose you know, not after all we've been through,” Harry said as he stood over Mcnairs body. A choking sound behind him made him turn around in a flash. Lucius Malfoy stood behind his son, one hand clutching at his shoulder, the other behind Draco's back. Harry couldn't really see what he had done, but judging by the amount of blood seeping through Draco's robes from his stomach, it wasn't good. Draco looked down at his stomach, where his hands were desperately clutching his blood soaked robes, and then looked back up at Harry, a look of shock and terror etched into his face.

“I told you so Draco,” Lucius murmured into his son's ear, though it was still loud enough so that Harry could hear. “I always knew you weren't going to survive this war. You just had to pick the wrong side, didn't you?”

He then turned and fled. Harry caught Draco as he pitched forward, staring with burning green eyes at the fleeing figure.

“You fucking bastard! Avada Kedavra!” He didn't really expect much to happen, as his wand lay on the ground by his side, useless. To his astonishment, a green light engulfed the elder Malfoy, his body tensed up, then slipped to the ground. He didn't ponder this very long as there were other more pressing matters to attend, such as Draco's life fading in his arms. It'll be all right. I can heal him. It'll be fine.

Draco looked into Harry's eyes, as if he knew what he was thinking. “It's too l-late, Harry. Goodbye. I'll miss you,” He said calmly.

“What do you mean,” Harry said, verging on hysterics, “I'll heal you. You'll be fine. You know I can. You taught me, for Merlin's sake!” Harry frantically tried to heal him but to no avail.

“Harry, the dagger that he used, it's c-cursed. You can't heal the wounds magically. They have to heal completely naturally. Bought it m-myself in Borgin a-and Burks. Ironic, huh?” he smiled a tight, pain-filled smile at him.

“Please…” Harry whimpered, “I need you - please don't leave me - I can't - I…”

“Good-bye, Harry. I love you.” The wizarding world's savior sat on the field for hours, clutching his lover's body, crying his eyes out.

~*~

He had never been the same again. He started drinking heavily, mostly whiskey. He never left his house, preferring to block out the world that had so cruelly ripped away the one that meant anything to him. Everyone tried to drag him out, make him start living again, Dumbledore, Ron, Hermione, Lupin. Even Snape made an attempt to snap some life into the-boy-who-lived, but to no avail. He was disturbed to see that all the life and energy that had filled the glittering emerald eyes was gone, leaving them dull and lifeless. He told him that he was shaming Draco's memory by sulking around like this. He had a feeling the boy hadn't heard a word he said.

~*~

It was a year since the Last Battle and Hermione was once more to be found at Harry's flat, trying to convince Harry to move on.

“Harry, it's been a year, you have to let it go!”

Harry looked at her with a strange look in his eyes. “You're right. I'm going for a walk.”

~*~

Harry did indeed go for a walk, to the nearest weapons shop. He then returned home, .40cal pistol in hand. They found him the next day, lying face down in his pillow, a picture of Draco in his hand. They buried him next to his love, under a weeping willow near the lake at Hogwarts.

As the all-knowing Headmaster stood over their graves, he shook his head. Why did he have to out-live these two young people? He should have known that even his favorite pupil could not survive having his soul torn in two.

~*~

Somewhere far away, two souls, one the brightest light, the other tinged with shadow, were reunited and this time they stayed together for all eternity.

~Fin~
'It's gonna be AWESOME!' - Barney Stinson