Originally Posted by from Megadeth.com
DEC 6 2006

After two successful years, I have decided to leave ESP guitars. This was a business decision and had nothing to do with the guitars or the manufacturing of the guitars, and I wish the staff of ESP, both in the USA and in Japan and Korea the very best of health and prosperity.

Meanwhile, I am taking my Classic Metal V known formerly as a Jackson King V1 or an ESP DV8, and my new guitar design presently known as an Axxion, which was the recipient of the Gold Award from Guitar World Magazine for 2005 for new guitar designs with me.

I will also be re-introducing through my new endorsement many special models, including re-issues of my old models from over the span of my career, as well as some retro V shapes, similar to the formerly known Jackson Y2KV or a Gibson Flying V.

I will make my announcement and be attending the 2007 NAMM show to meet Megadeth fans and all metal fans, musicians of all styles-especially guitarists, and Megadeth will be performing a private invitation only party for only 300 guests and 300 vendors and music industry people.

Dave Mustaine

I wasn't expecting that! And recently he mentioned on blabbermouth.net, that Line 6 of all people, have made him a amp which he'll be using for ‘United Ambitions’ and the rest of the Gigantour.