While Hot 97's Summer Jam was going on last night in New York, the headliner Nas was on Power 105.1 explaining why he wasn't performing. Apparently, Hot 97 staff instructed Nas not to diss Jay-Z during his performance on the Summer Jam stage.

“I just want to let people know why I'm not at the Summer Jam, I've been bamboozled, hoodwinked and the whole nine. I was told and begged to do the Summer Jam, I was begged to come to Hot 97 ‘cause I had a hot new record that nobody wanted to support except for the streets,” Nas explained on the air.

“I was told to come there and save Angie Martinez’s job, I was told to come there and help the ratings at Hot 97 by Flex and the rest of the crew there. But I'm here to let my people know that I was dissed this morning by Hot 97 and told what I couldn't do on the show, which is really outrageous and really shows that the wrong people are in power. You gonna tell Nas, me myself, what I cannot do on a Summer Jam stage when it's been done, the same acts have been done four or five years in a row and last year it happened to be a diss towards me by Jay. And he was all high and mighty”

Nas continued on speaking on how Hot 97 operates and his feelings on what rappers are talking about:

"I turn on that station there and I hear rappers talking about their record sales, their rims on a truck, I mean, what does that have to do with our community? What does that have to do with anything real? Let them rappers talk about it on their records, I don't want to hear about rims on a truck; I don't want to hear a radio disc jockey [Angie Martinez] making records that's terrible. I want to hear true Hip-Hop music. Let's get real and be creative. I bought these people's albums and they ain't talking about nothing. From Cam to everybody. I mean I like Cam, he's a good lyricist but the album is wack man. Ya'll brothers need to start rapping about something that's real. My man Nore, I love you Nore, but step your rap game up, man. Nelly, you trying to battle KRS-One? Yo, my next album that's coming out is gonna school a lot of rappers on how to be a man. Because these brothers let Flex and them dictate what's supposed to be hot."

To hear the interview in its entirety, check out SNICKA.Com.
<br><br>LIFE´S A BIATCH
Christmas morning smelled fresher than angel pussy - Aesop Rock