24/06/2001

Q. Whats up? So where are you from?

A. I was born in Cleveland, Ohio and moved here to San Francisco and been here since I was 8.

Q. How would you describe the scene there?

A. The scene is cool, it mostly independent based. A lot of people are doin there own thing here, like the Living Legends, Hiero, Peanut Butter Wolf, Scratch Pickles. It’s an independent market!

Q. What was your first release or appearance on record as an MC?

A. That would be in 1995 with Various Blends. We did a song called “Chill as I Flex”. We did that in 1995 and we did a tape at that time. That was the first thing I did as an MC.

Q. Who were some of your Hip Hop influences?

A. I liked a lil bit of everybody! The main cats were LL Coo J, Rakim, Kane, then Tribe and De La. I was mostly influenced by them. Cause they take there time with there music. I learned that I need to take my time with it as well.

Q. So what have you released so far?

A. I released the “Time Waits For No Man” LP in 1998 on Stones Throw Records and “The Birth” EP on Pocket Linted.

Q. Are you working on a new album?

A. Yeah, I'm working on the new album and it should be done pretty soon. It will be out in the fall. And I'm also working on a compilation called Rasco Presents and that will be out this summer.

Q. Any guest MC's and who's handlin production on the new album?

A. Production by Mad Lib, E-Swfit, and some more cats. Guests will include Phil The Agony, Bahamadia, Xzibit, Saafir, Planet Asia, Epitomy, and that’s bout it.

Q. So whats up with this compiliation?

A. The compilation will feature Planet Asia, myself, Cali Agents, Phil the Agony, Saafir, Epitomy, The Grouch, Encore, and some new cats. Also Flii, Rockru, 427, a lot of people from the bay area.

Q. So now you the Cali Agents album coming right?

A. Yeah it will be out in June on Ground Control Records. Its gonna be a really big push for us!

Q. So you got your own label right?

A. Yeah, its called Pocket Linted Ent.

Q. What are some upcoming releases from your label?

A. This year's releases will be the compilation and the Epitome album called “A Day In The Ox”.

Q. Do you have a website for heads to check out?

A. Yeah its www.pocketlinted.com Its under construction right now but it will be up and running real soon.

Q. So who are you feelin in Hip Hop right now?

A. I got the new Common, Rah Digga, Kweli, Pharoahe Monch, Mos Def, that’s about it. And the new Tash shit.

Q. Any plans for some touring soon?

A. Yeah we goin to be doin the Cali Agent stuff in the next couple of months in the states and Europe for the summer.

Q. So what was the livest city you ever done a show at?

A. I would have to say Vancouver man. That was cool! Overseas goes to Amstradam.

Q. What would you do as a career if you didn't MC?

A. I always wanted to own my own thing. Went to college and barber school. I would do something that I have control in.

Q. Aight, any final comments or shout outs?

A. Shout out my man Asia, all the mc's out there doin there thing, all the young cats doin there thing. Its out there for sure! Peace!