Q. So what have you been doin since the last Pharcyde album?

A. I always stayed in the business but I left the showbiz for a minute. But I kept workin on tracks and study music.

Q. Whats up with your single “Whats up Fat Lip?”?

A. Its just a lil something for a compilation called Prime Cuts on DV that is out now.

Q. Whats goin on with the solo album?

A. Right now, I'm in the lab getting it right. I'll have it done by next month. And get it out there real soon.

Q. So when did you get into the business?

A. I got into the game on my 20th birthday that was in the late 80's. I hooked up with J-Swift first in 1991 and I was goin around doin showcases.

Q. So your from out west right?

A. Yeah I'm from L.A.

Q. Who were some of your influences?

A. The most would be Kane. I would just listen to anything though. Public Enemy, Biz Markie and De La Soul.

Q. So who are you working with for the new solo album?

A. I aint really reachin out on anybody. I'm doin some of my own and some stuff with J-Swift but thats about it.

Q. When can we expect that to be released?

A. “Revenge of the Nerds” will probably be out at the end of summer, around August on Dilicous Vinyl.

Q. I hear you got a dope video out for “Whats up Fat Lip?”, whats up with it?

A. Its like a freestyle of how we did the video. Spike came over with the camera and went over a few ideas and doin the stupidest shit we could do.

Q. How did you meet up with The Pharcyde?

A. Thru J-Swift back in 1991. J had a group that he was working with who were the members of The Pharcyde. So thats how that went down.

Q. So how did the Pharcyde break up go down?

A. They actually kicked me out. But we were seeing things differently. Its all natural. It was no big deal, they came over to my crib and they was like you should do your solo thing. But no beef and no drama.

Q. So you ever gonna do anything with The Pharcyde again?

A. Nah, it don’t look like it. But you never know though.

Q. So who you feelin in Hip Hop right now?

A. I'm feelin Ol Dirty right now. That was the last cd that I bought.

Q. So any plans for some touring?

A. We doin something with Black Rob at House of Blues. But no tours yet.

Q. Are you connected to the net at all?

A. Nah, I'm very much disconnected to the whole computer.

Q. Aight, any final comments or shout outs?

A. Nah, just everyone go get that album when it comes out! Its gonna be on that level! Peace!