Á netsíðunni ágætu hiphopinfinity.com heyrði ég lag með rússneskættuðum rappara að nafni Serge Boogie og leist það vel á að ég ákvað að ímeila kappan og leggja fyrir hann nokkrar spurningar:

#Whats your full name and age?

Serge Schneider , 26 years of age

#When did you start gettin into hiphop?

Around the mid to late 80\\\'s.

#Is there a powerful hiphop scene where you live ?

Some may say yes, but I choose to say no. I try to stay clear of scenes because they make me uncomfortable.

#What is your background?,it says on the web that youre from russia,when did you move to the U.S?

I come from a Jewish background. I moved to the U.S. when I was 7 years old, around 1981 if I\\\'m not mistaken. My family got lucky and made it out of Russia in one piece. The main thing I remember is how much more vibrant everything seemed outside of Russia. I wanted all the toys and candy I came across. I used to walk the streets looking for money and you\\\'d be surprised what you\\\'ll find when you\\\'re really looking. I had some sticky fingers around that time too.

#Can we expect a L.P from you soon?

Definitely yes, an LP is in the works which me and my man Eraq expect to complete around July/August 2001, and we utterly hope that the fine people of Iceland support our sincere efforts.

#You have released 2 e.p\\\'s right? Have you gotten some reviews or critic on them?

Yeah, I self-released the \\\“Eye Contact\\\” EP in 1998 and followed that up with \\\“Amotivation\\\” in late 1999. And in 2000 I combined them both into one CD and offered it up as a double EP on a label Eraq & I started called Wrecluse. I have gotten reviews and coverage in both online and print magazines such as VIBE, Elemental, VICE, Hip-Hop Infinity, Urban Smarts etc. etc. Feel free to peep www.wrecluse.com and see for yourselves. Most of them have been pretty positive. I\\\'ve also gotten calls from cats like Bobbito Garcia and writer Dave Tompkins telling me they liked my work. I don\\\'t like name dropping so those will be the final names I drop because the only name you need to know is Serge Boogie!! All in all I\\\'m still trying to be heard and get my music exposed to as many people as possible.

#On my personal top 10 list these days is your song \\\“gimpology 101\\\”,are you dissing someone special in that song or just the whole comercial industry?

Mainly the systematic insanity of it all, the accepted erroneous logic, and how cancerous it all becomes. I was a little more idealistic at the time I put that joint together. I was actually dissing Alanis Morissette in the second verse, basically dissing those with fake & exaggerated personas, the cognitive misers and generaly all those who pollute the sound and make it harder for someone like myself to breathe. But all in all Alanis did her thing, shitting on her would not be very noble. So I would like to extend a warm apology to Ms. Morissette. Isn\\\'t it ironic? Don\\\'t ya think?

#What are your lyrics mostly about?

Pleasure and pain…pain and pleasure, and anywhere in between. One day I\\\'d like to write a joint about an object and just be descriptive without any depth or emotion…maybe in the next life.

#Who are your most favoured hiphop artists?

I respect the efforts of anyone going for the gusto and following their dreams in a positive and practical manner.

#Any influences?

The deeper the impact the more likely something is to influence me. So the answer to that question is \\\“Yes\\\”, there are plenty of influences and the most significant being my family and the beauty they possess.

#Do you know anything about Iceland or Icelandic music?
I have been very intrigued by some of Bjork\\\'s work. Thats about all I know off hand.

#Do you have anythin special you wanna say to icelandic hoppers?

Just be yourselves, express your experiences, use your lingo, keep it natural…and don\\\'t let that heavy gray sky give you the blues. Peace.

friður-Das Bo a.k.a Mezzias MC