Sole (Live Poets) vs. El-P (Company Flow) Hér er smá info um hvernig þetta battle byrjaði. Til gamans má geta að í \“Linda Trip\” þar sem El-P er að dissa Sole notar hann sampl frá Björk.

It’s the battle that no other magazine would cover, because the artists weren’t as large as Canibus or Cool J. As followers of underground and independent hip-hop may already be aware, there’s a little beef between two artists who are both putting down on the scene. El-P is virtually one of the kings of the New York underground scene, as he and the rest of his crew, Company Flow, have helped pave the way for many cellar dwelling emcees. The abstract stylings of Co-Flow were also the first to release a full-length album on the new underground hip-hop haven, Rawkus Records, after their much sought after, yet limited distributed \“Funcrusher\” EP was released.
But then there’s a smaller voice in the corner who has a lot to say. Hailing from Maine, but now residing in the Bay, Sole began with the group Live Poets a few years back, and most recently has formed his own label Anticon, with other experimental hip-hop gurus, Dose-One, Sixtoo, Circus and others. While not as recognized as Company Flow’s El-P, and nor as respected in NYC’s fussy underground scene, the true independent artist, Sole, is struggling to be heard. Yet by listening to his music, it’s evident that he feels that heads in hip-hop’s mecca don’t want to listen. Like many other artists outside of New York, such as Living Legends, Aceyalone, or even Hieroglyphics, Sole’s frustration with the entire scene has led him to the boiling point. A lyrical war of words with El-P has been waged over some of these very issues.

The controversy over what started the battle still remains a mystery. Is El-P really selfish enough to block distribution of Sole’s record? Or is Sole just paranoid over misinterpreted Company Flow lyrics? We talked to both parties about the beef, and thought it would be best to let you decide for yourself.

SOLE

HipHopSite.Com: Tell me how this whole shit with El-P started:

Sole: Basically it started last year on this website we had, truehiphop.com. It was like a little sarcastic website, it wasn’t anything malicious, you know. There was this little graphic on there, or whatever, that said ‘Company Flow Vs. The Spice Girls’. Co Flow saw it, and hey got really angry, because it said ‘Fuck independent hip-hop, it’s all about good music. We’re going to support anything from New York, L.A. , Minneapolis or where ever. They took that like we were trying to take out the New York indies with what we were doing, but it wasn’t even like that, so they took it like a dis.

I was in New York, recording with Atoms Family, and I spoke with Len, and he was like ‘What’s up, why you dissing us.’ I was like, ‘Yo, it’s not a dis, it was more of a compliment to you guys, saying that you guys are like the forerunners of this movement. I don’t want beef, I love Company Flow and I don’t want to be against you guys.’ So then he mentions that we thought they were dissing us on ‘Weight’…..

HipHopSite.Com: What prompted you to think that they were dissing you on that song?

Sole: I don’t know, there were a bunch of lines… ‘ Is it live you fucking suckers?’ It just seemed like it was aimed at us. They were like, no it’s not about you and it was all cool. Three months’ later, I hear ‘End To End Burners’ with that line. (‘Dis me on the internet, like picket line crossing teamsters / scabs are only down with hip-hop if convenient.’) I’m like what the fuck is that shit?’ Then I get the single, and I see that shit written on the back (‘To all the heads that fantasize that we are dissing you, relax. If that time ever comes you’ll know.’) That was obviously directed at us, but I wasn’t really trippin’ at this point, and I wasn’t going to do shit.

Then, my distributor, Big Daddy, tried selling the record to Fat Beats, and they weren’t going to take it. And they (Fat Beats) were like, ‘What’s up with El-P?’ and then I do a little homework, because I know a lot of people….

HipHopSite.Com: Can you be a little more specific?

Sole: I really can’t be, because I don’t want to drop names of motherfuckers that told me shit, and put people in awkward posistions. But these are people that are down with the whole elitist empire, people that may or may not work at Fat Beats, but people that I have known for a long time that ain’t going to bullshit me. This motherfuckers’ taking money out of my mouth all on some paranoid shit, on some bullshit, like squashing the little guy for no reason… Then I come back to San Francisco, and I find out that El-P is dissing me to The (Living) Legends, and he is dissing me to DJ so-and-so. All those fools are like, ‘El-P’s talking all this shit,’ and I’m like ‘What the fuck, I thought we squashed this shit…’ I told Len before, we can battle or whatever, and they didn’t want to battle, so it was dead.

So I made my little record, and it was more like ‘Fuck Company Flow, and fuck that whole scene of the elitist New York indie scene.’ Right after I recorded it, El-P calls me up, sucking my dick, trying to get me to not to put the record out, he doesn’t want beef, he doesn’t want this to go down. And we didn’t know if we were going to put it out. First we were, then we weren’t…. But then El-P’s calls, straight leveling like ‘Yo man, look man, here’s my life story, I know you guys respect us, but please don’t do this to me.’ I was like, ‘Yo, I didn’t want beef, but ya’ll motherfuckers dissed me anyway.’

Later that night, Len calls me up, and is like ‘Yo, ya’ll motherfuckers, if you put that record out, we’re going to fuck you up.’ I was like ‘Don’t threaten me, I’ll just put the record out.’ I’m like, ‘Do you want to just battle then?’ and El-P was like ‘Well, if I am feeling all hip-hop maybe we’ll battle…\“ I was like, that’s your whole thing, you guys are battle crazy emcees, but you won’t freestyle… So, then he cuts the conversation all up and makes a record out of it.

HipHopSite.Com: You mentioned a New York elitist empire, what did you mean by that? Can you break that down a little?

Sole: It’s like, you got people who are doing a certain type of music… You got your west coast artists, your mid-west artists, your artists down south, your artists in Canada or overseas. Then you got this small group of people in New York… It’s not even really in New York, it’s more like people in Fat Beats, people over here, people over there. They’re bitter motherfuckers who didn’t make it in the major label industry, they all got dropped from they’re labels or ran they’re businesses into the ground, and now they have their little support structure. But rather than turning that love around, and helping other people, they make it a point to only help fools that are down with them. My beef with that shit is, if this is supposed to be underground, independent hip-hop, some creative shit, like an excursion away from the major label bullshit, it’s like this is the same politics all over again, and the music is just as lackluster, just not all shiny.

It’s like an animal farm. They set up an establishment as like an escape from major label shit, but it’s worse because everybody is broke, and nobody is making any money. I’m not saying everybody is trying to do what we are trying to do, being all abstract, and on some crazy shit, we are just trying to make honest music we like. But there are people in New York, Boston, and other places that would like to hear the kind of music that Aceyalone does, the kind of music Labtekwon does, the kind of music we do, but that shit gets fronted on. As whole, I think that really destroys independent hip-hop. That’s what ‘Dear Elpee’ was about, it wasn’t just ‘fuck El-P’, it was like ‘Fuck all of ya’ll’ because I don’t need them. What Anticon is trying to do, is set up another establishment, so fools don’t have to suck Fat Beats’ dick, or anybody’s dick. Just make good music and it will get put out there, and distributed correctly.

EL-P

HipHopSite.Com: What set this whole thing off?

El-P: Set what off? What set Sole off?

HipHopSite.Com: Well, why do think Sole came at you like that?

El-P: One time that I ever met Sole was at Rocksteady ‘97. He came up to me, as a fan, gave me respect, took a picture with me, and gave me his record.

HipHopSite.Com: Did you listen to his record?

El-P: Yeah, I didn’t think much of it, because a lot of people come up to me and give me their records. I think I spoke to him one time after that. He called me about doing shows in Maine, where he’s from. You know, basically just illin’ on some hip-hop shit, but just one conversation. I didn’t really speak to him again. I didn’t really know him, I don’t even think I even remembered him.

HipHopSite.Com: And then….

El-P: When I heard from him, it was indirectly. I did a show in Boston, last summer. These cats that I’m cool with, 7L and Esoteric are like:

\”Do you know this kid Sole?\“

\”No, who is Sole?\“

\”This kid Sole, from Live Poets…\“

\”Oh yeah, I met that kid.\“

\”Did you dis him in ‘Wieght’?\“

\”Nah, I didn’t dis him. What are you talking about? What the fuck does he think I’m dissing him?\“

\”That line where you said ‘Is it Live You Motherfuckers?’\“

HipHopSite.Com: That’s kind of vague…

El-P: Yeah, not only is it vague, but it was a throwback to Run DMC. But he wouldn’t know that being the new jack that he is….

HipHopSite.Com: But why did he think the line was aimed at him?

El-P: I don’t know! ..Bro, because he is in ‘Live Poets’…. ‘Is it live…?’

HipHopSite.Com: I see….

El-P: My whole thing was, I was buggin’, because I was like, how fuckin’ egotistical and paranoid is that? How important does this kid think he is that I would dis him, only meeting once in my life. Why? Why would he be sitting, living in Maine, convinced that El-P from Company Flow was dissing him in this song.

But the way it was phrase to me was that he wanted to know if I was dissing him in the song. So I tell them to tell him to chill, and that I’m not dissing him. They get back to him apparently, and much later they come at me like, \”Yo, that kid Sole, still thinks you are dissing him in another line.\“

HipHopSite.Com: And what was the line he thought this time?

El-P: \”Let’s eliminate bandwidth, and communicate physically.\“

HipHopSite.Com: What was the original intent of that line?

El-P: Yo man, it was a concept….. I guarantee you it had nothing to do with Sole from The Live Poets. If that’s the case, I could essentially take any lyric from any song, and twist it around so that it was about me. I don’t know, maybe he thinks that he is the Lawnmower Man or something, living in his virtual universe, so that if I say something about bandwidth it automatically has to be about him…. Like I even ever gave this kid one thought, especially a negative one… But this kid was so not part of my existance that I’m buggin’ out like, \”This cat again? He’s out of his fucking mind!\“

HipHopSite.Com: So then you went to Fat Beats….

El-P: Nah….that’s not the chronology… I have not said anything about this kid publicly, but he’s doing this whole cyber-promotional slander campaign of mis information… I don’t go on the internet…I just got a computer like two months ago, and all I do is play backgammon on it… I don’t go to websites, I’m not up on it that much, I got people who do that… So, then we go to Europe, and kids are telling me, ‘Yo, a lot of kids are dissing you on the internet.’

HipHopSite.Com: Specificly?

El-P: Nah, just miscellaneous cats talking shit in chat rooms… But then I get back, and I’m told that there is this website with a picture of me next to The Spice Girls, saying \”Company Flow Vs. The Spice Girls\“. And then it had all this shit about saying we’re not really independent, and making fun of the whole underground scene in New York, dissing Fat Beats and Fondle ‘Em. Basically dissing all the independent shit, or what was perceived as independent. So then, someone alerted someone in our camp that this was that kid, Sole’s, website, and he put that shit up about us. By the way, at this point, the song ‘End To End Burners’ was already in production, the track, the lyrics and everything… So this kid thought we were dissing him, we went out of our way to tell him that we weren’t….

HipHopSite.Com: How did you go out of your way to tell him you weren\'t?

El-P: By telling the cats that told me that he thought we were dissing him, to tell him that we were not dissing him. So then… Well, I’ve heard Sole tell the story, and in his version, apparently, he called up Len, and confronted him about it, and they squashed the beef…. That’s not how it happened. 100% bullshit. Len called him. Sole was in NY recording with some cats we knew, so Len calls him up, and proceeds to scream on Sole, basically telling him, that he’s lucky he didn’t come there because he’s going to beat his ass. And all that funny internet shit, bullshit, is way out of line… Sole is apologizing, and then Sole translating this as the beef being squashed. Then, I’m like, ‘Okay, this shit is dead.’

So then we did ‘End To End Burner’ and I said that line about the internet shit. That came from the heart, because I felt like a lot cats were dissing us on the internet…. (‘Dis me on the internet like picket line crossing teamsters / Scabs are only down with hip-hop if convenient’) So then I think about it, and am like, well, if this kid took my other shit out of context, he’s gonna take this shit out of context. So, then I go the extra mile, and write that shit on the back of the ‘End To End Burners’ 12\” (‘To all of those who fantasize we’re dissing you specifically, stop, if that time ever comes, you’ll know.’) So, Sole’s the asshole who goes, ‘No, you are dissing someone specifically, it’s me!’

HipHopSite.Com: Yeah, but I remember when that shit came out, and when this whole thing was brewing, and when I read that line, it was clear that that shit was aimed at someone in particular….

El-P: But I am literally stating, ‘I am not dissing anyone specifically’. But my whole thing was, I went out of my way, to make sure that cats like him, and I wasn’t thinking about him specifically, but cats like him, don’t think I am talking about them, because I went through this shit with him already. He inspired me to write it, no doubt, because I didn’t want anyone to misinterpret this shit. He was on some real, ‘If the shoe fits, wear it’ shit. It seems pretty simple to me, I went on the back really specifically stating I am not dissing anybody in particular, and he still thinks I am dissing him. I thought that it was incredibly clear, but then I find out, that he thinks I am dissing him again, now on \“End To End Burners\”. At this point, I think to myself, fuck it, whatever I say, he’ll think I’m trying to dis him. So then I hear:

‘This kid Sole is doing a dis record on you’

‘Word?’

\“Yeah, did you block his distribution?\”

\“What the fuck are you talking about?\”

\“He’s saying that you blocked his distribution.\”

HipHopSite.Com: Why do you think he would come at you with that shit?

El-P: Son… I wish to God, I knew what was going on in this cat\'s head. I’m thinking, ‘how the hell do I have enough power to block his distribution? Who the fuck am I? Rupert Murdoch? Like I am some big player in the hip-hop industry. So I am connecting all the dots. He spoke to Lenny, apologized to Lenny, thought we were dissing him from day one, and now he thinks we’re blocking his distribution. Then he’s conjuring shit out of thin air, saying that I bit my style from my man Vordel, who is someone I just met like last year, and who is also someone I am down with. Now, I’m getting pissed off, because he told Len that he was feeling us. Essentially I am getting dissed by this kid who is a big fan of ours. This is slowly starting to annoy the shit out of me, and really the thing that set me off was that thing about blocking the distribution. If anything, we have gone out of our way to extend a helping hand to artists, and he’s saying were doing some shit that is totally against my whole nature and my whole philosophy, that I got really fucking upset.

HipHopSite.Com: So then he releases his shit….

El-P: I hadn’t heard it, but it was circulating around the internet, and on tapes and shit, and then I’m starting to get pissed off because all these people are asking me about this shit. I got magazines from Canada asking me if I want to give my side of the story, and I’m like ‘No, I don’t give a fuck’. So I pt a phone call in, leave a message and he doesn’t call back for a while, or something, I don’t remember how I got in touch with him. Finally, I get fed up, and I get this little micro-cassette recorder that we use to record skits on and shit. So he calls my crib, and Vordel was there, and he picks up the phone, and has words with him and is like: ‘Yo why you putting my name up in that shit, I don’t have anything to do with this’. So then, I call him back, and we go through the whole chronology of this shit as to why he was completely out of his fucking mind, and maybe it was possible that every lyric I ever wrote was directed at him. And he’s telling me: ‘My distributor tried to get my record in at Fat Beats, and they asked him, if I was the kid who dissed Co-Flow on the internet, and they wouldn’t take it.’

HipHopSite.Com: So do you think that this whole thing played a role in Fat Beats not wanting to distribute the record?

El-P: I told Sole that nobody ever talked to me about this, and if Sole was a fucking man, he would have talked to me about this. But I don’t have control of this. Even if I wanted to do this, I really don’t think there is any way that I could call a distributor and tell them not to make money off of a record. So, I’m telling him ‘Yo, you should have called me cause I had no idea this shit was going down. But what did you expect, if you put some shit on the internet dissing people, others that are down with that person may take it badly.’ I didn’t even know if that really happened. He told me that that’s what happened, but I talked to everyone on the Fat Beats staff, and nobody over there knows what I am talking about, and they told me that they just didn’t like the record.

HipHopSite.Com: Okay, so, by this time you have probably heard the record…

El-P: Honestly, I still haven’t heard the record… I have heard pieces of it, read the lyrics in Urb or whatever, but I haven’t heard the song in it’s entirety. Anyway, so at the end of the conversation, he’s like:

\“You’re being cool, I wished I had talked to you. It’s dead, I am not going to release the record.\”

\“Go ahead, release the record if you want to release the record, but I want you to know, you are not on point. All that shit you are talking is not reality.\”

It’s like all that shit he was talking was little pieces sewn together to seem like something bigger. But I decide that I’m going to put this shit out of my head, and not respond to it. So, months later we’re listening to this tape of him on the phone, laughing hysterically, and we are just marveling at what a pussy he is. What I mean by that is, he talks so much shit on the record, but when it came down to it on the phone, he turned into a little bitch.

I wasn’t even going to respond, but then I’m hearing about it everywhere, on internet websites, the lyrics in Urb, and I’m like I just can’t handle this anymore. I can’t let him shit on my name like that, and say things about me that aren’t true. My whole thing was, I’m just going to do some real funny shit…

HipHopSite.Com: So then you did your retaliation… What’s it called?

El-P: Yeah… it’s called Linda Trip…

HipHopSite.Com: What are you trying to say in the retaliation?

El-P: Basically my whole point was, don’t step to cats if you have no idea about it. On the real, you could get fucked up on some shit like that. If you are spreading rumors and gossip about someone, it could come back to you. My message to him is ‘You don’t really know who your fucking with, and don’t try to front like you are Mr. Badass, when you are not that person.’

Lyrics:

\“Dear Elpee\” - Sole

I\'m a Anticon iconclast catalyst for cataclysm
Tell Fox: dissing Sole, bad executive decision
Your egosystem\'s frail,
with a spoon I could dissect it,
Soundin\' like Corky got his nubs on a Webster\'s dictionary,
a Ras Kass record
and a brand new MPC,
Pressing all them pretty buttons,
making wack beats,
To hell with Fat Beats,
I\'d rather rock acapella,
I\'d rather be broke and have a whole lot resent,
Not a Rich King, a pawn,
a peon,
for me to pee on,
Check out 9th Street,
a big sign:
\“El-Pee got served\” in neon.
Trendy-indie, underground cause you haven\'t got a choice,
Take a way your elitist buddies and you haven\'t got a voice,
No five thousand for radio, no hundred-thou for ads and banners,
No paying record stores for all your Rawkus propaganda,
Well-timed marketing scheme, it\'s cool to be independent,
But if it was last year, you\'d be a dun or a Missy Elliot.
And after your indie bravado and the label has recouped,
You\'re broker than when Libra left you crying for a record deal from Luke,
I strike you awestruck, you femanine to blackball,
I\'ll be serving you \'til you\'re serving me, ice cream in a mall.
Some fool said this an underground Canibus and LL,
Well that\'s comedy,
cause I\'ll serve all three of y\'all,
Heard Rupert had to starve all the indie artists to feed your ego,
Running around the Bay looking for Sole with your foot in your mouth,
I heard you like the Bay (Castro),
but think 4 tracks are wack,
Lost in the O-Zone and all your mixdowns sound like crap,
Hiding lack of intellect behind hipster catch phrase and babble,
Indellibles\'ll never get a full length cause you don\'t wanna be outshined,
Fine, I heard you wanna kill me,
and get fools after me,
The only violence you ever witnessed was on Menace II Society,
Try to sound deep and got masses fooled by your lack of rhythm,
I elevate while you perpetuate your malopropism
[Yo, wha, what did he just call me, dun?]

[Yo, I don\'t know, man. Yo, I, I don\'t know what he just called you, man.]

[Well, yo, go get the books. Go get the Bible.]

[Yo, man, well apparently you must\'ve ripped all the pages out in the dictionary, man, cause you\'ve used all the words.]

[So I\'m never gonna find out what he called me? He\'s usin\' big words against me? Yo, this is intrepid, god!]

I\'m a hip hop artist, you style-biting MC sucker,
Had a Crayon contest with retarted kids and picked the wackest album cover,
Picked the wrong MC to diss subliminally, every line dissected,
Yeah, I diss you on the internet, to your face, and on record,
For the record,
I know the muck from which out you have stepped,
First you sound like Beatnuts,
then you\'re Mr. 4,000 syllables One bar, out of breath,
on stage a failure,
Gotta quit rocking mics and start rocking an asthma inhaler.
El-Producto,
indepenent as Fox,
Since when do indie records show up in a WEA box?
By saying you\'re indepenent you belittle the whole movement,
Real MCs work hard, ain\'t got investors to put out their music,
Underground conspiracy, but this ain\'t used by No Limit,
Mad cause you didn\'t blow up, the victim of your own wack gimmick,
But some fools bought into it cause they don\'t know no better,
That you\'re a hamburger pimp, only out for the cheddar,
Yo, what\'s a battle MC that can\'t freestyle? All these references to imaginary MCs, come battle me,
Remember in Boston, you started calling fools out?
And when MCs try to battle, you were the first to break out,
Well, you surely don\'t wanna battle, of course you want to fight, you\'re bigger,
Fine, you win, we can have a contest to see who\'s the biggest wigger,
Oh, you win again, it must feel great, I heard you don\'t like white MCs,
Traded in your Kani and X hats for a fresh set of Echo and Adidas,
You as hip hop as Garth Brooks and as manly as garter belts,
And if you\'re so creative talk about something other than yourself,
No, I\'m not dissing New York, or any of your comrads in arms,
I\'m tearing down that posterboy Miss Piggy-lookin\' leprachaun,
El-Pee vs. the Spice Girls (I got five on Scary Spice),
But both of y\'all are in desperate need of back up singers when it\'s live,
And I know they think your original, but follow me through this portal,
You bit your whole styles from an underground MC named Vordel,
Spread rumors about me to everyone you meet, evade being a man,
I heard you putting out an instumental album of sitars, pots, and pans,
You\'ve done enough talking, so I know you ain\'t fading Sole,
Have your boy Rupert Murdoch fly you out, I\'ll serve you on the Wake Up Show,
The redheaded kingpin, step child to a little herpe sore festering,
Heard you only pull females when you tell \'em you\'re a lesbian,
Wanna sign autographs, but all your fans are rappers,
The evolution will not be televised as your #1 fan becomes your master,
I\'d love to give you a hand but all I got is a middle finger,
Farakhan won\'t squash this, so we can finish it on Jerry Springer,
Newsweek martyr, bring your rhetoric retort,
You oughta tootsie roll under your rock, your two minutes of fame got cut short,
FYI: starving artists don\'t have corporate luncheons,
Got a horrible freeestyle and the rest of your style is:
(studio punch-ins),
The dun crusher busts fresh, overly when I blast \'em,
And those so called freestyles, they all popped up on your album,
Manipulate your connects so they wanna see me on a curb,
But I guarantee you lyin\', cause you know one-on-one you\'d get served,
Now it\'s time to pay dues like… when Daddy Warbucks,
Bought your face onto the cover of the last Stress,
We gonna battle, so write your rhymes ahead of time,
And I\'ll still come twice as fresh,
And keep it all in the family, like Rose,
I\'ll take a back seat
Keep my name out your mouth,
like my wax from the racks of (Fat Beats),
Fat egos deflated, hope you liked my little poem,
And hope to hear from you soon, signed, your friend, Sole.

\“Linda Trip\” - El-P

some cats know us but this one don\'t, i ought pierce this fuckin phallice
through your rookie ass throat
you duke, dont step to me until you\'re ripened fruit, IM loopy from the
invitations for funerals glue,
stoned poem dissolves combatants via shards through 56k highspeed, feels
bliss like relaxed out-call geisha fellatio deeds,
like fertilizer bombs packed in tower air cargo compartment dock, sneaky fuck
revolution shot, send all complaints to Rupert burdock
ill black out in the mugs of suburbanites with little stingers crew, you
volunteered for the draft stupid, that\'s on you
on some upper middle class romantic notion, so when mortar scraps reply cry
gay section eight escape like clinger do
with demented happy face and bruised back from pussy crew patting, rockin
clam diggers and cut knees in hepatitis puddle, no vaccine
plus 99 percent that\'s down with you still get respect from us, silently
questioning your direction, like Amistad passenger section
its Gilbert grape against magneto odds, ultimate breaks five vs. your needle
pops, Davie Jones vs. Goliath, IM Ed sullivan beatles crowd response,
ill slow it down, so try to download this gig to formatted floppy disc, while
heads bob like epileptics suckin my dick to some off-beat shit

your spoiled brat little young saga got a mommy bought my sampler taste (i
wanna be down), make sure every one snippet tape flyer sticker and t shirt
got a representation of my name and face,
i rock beats that Tina yothers morning sickness with out make up ugly dusty
fucked up four track dirty ass crack pirate radio readiness, OK fella?
i own my masters lyrics merchandise mic turntables style psychosis pain and
penis,
deranged cadence kill syllable meters UV needles, making gangsters in the
crowd throw bottles at my peoples,
we dip on light cycles through data grids since custom jeep dapper dan era in
a 3-fat goose wingen discs of TRON to disembowel your village era (fuckin
sick isn\'t it),
bucket my piss while you\'re at it, kiss the dog dick, tryina act monstrous
but just a beanie baby after my profit, that don\'t do much for hip hop, that
isn\'t respect its cock fondling, in 89 we called it tip-dogging, but you
wouldn\'t know that rookie,
don\'t ever try to front like you know me or my people, by the way vordul did
i bite?(yeah right, that\'s fantasy lies and snake triphe)

(hee hee hee hee hee)you little lying motherfucker, you know you kissed my
ass, and then you tried to (change up the past)
who fell into they own hiri kiri kit when they lied to themselves, self abuse
by selling lies, self destruction,
IM captain kirk, spock and lieutenant uhura on the away team, you\'re henson
libowitz, the sacraficial lamb for the episode, you beamed to the wrong
planet this time, with a hot pink phaser and one line before getting morphed
into faggot dust, for not knowing what static was,
automatic and absolutely the poisonous shit licking one cypher reject, new
England rich boy, soon to catch the bay area eject,
marionette pussy non veteran, i got more friends than you where you live,
men-all-pause when i stop they flow of estrogen,
you wanna be on the cutting edge? sliced up, emotions knifed, life sucks,
feeling dejected with frustration that\'s misdirected into fictional lectures,
conjectures on top of blame and misinformation textures (so inane), i cause
colon blow pain,
you have an obsession respect it, from now on you\'re immortalized playing
your self on my record, congratu-fuckin-lations,
isn\'t that what you wanted idiot? there\'s more than a little difference
between yours and my experience, this is my ride and you may not commandeer
it,
the only thing advanced about your music is that you need a computer to hear
it, this year you independent, last year you were on some keep it real shit,
the year before that you discovered hip hop and immediately became an
Internet genius, facitios pseudo intellectualism cant contest wisdom,
i feel like selena, the president of my fan clubs tryna kill me, oh youse a
bad ass, lets go to Linda trips files since you wanted to play the game
filthy,
bad enough that you lied about me, front like this isn\'t your voice ill be
forced to release the micro-cassette in its entirety

this is one of those precious moments of ferocious payback closest to the
perfect scenario of you made a move but it back fired, magnified by the fact
that you tried to project a persona of confrontation by subverting a crew who
in fact you idolize,
next time your delusions of groupie lust and battle fame isolated website
hiphop culture tiger beat subscription addiction malignancy career infancy
liar highschool gossip power moves will simply get you beat the fuck up, liar
spell my goddamn name right next time, pussy, fell the beauty of futility
served with arsenic cookies and old lace, you tryna save facial, fuck that i
fold space,
you musta thought you was cannabis tryina eat my ass, how does the whole
taste, Timmy?
you don\'t even deserve this moment, do you? you haven\'t paid enough dues to
get a battle, pupil
go ahead and do your little interviews with your fantasy life distortion,
next time you reveal your true self make sure that no one records it, stupid

A few heads from rec.music.hip-hop give their input:

\“I think El-P is fairly overrated, and I never really dug Sole before, but I\'m pretty sure he would rip El-P in this battle, if it ever goes down.\” - Felix433

\“Frankly, the more I listen, the more I see Sole as a fly on his windshield. \'Dear Elpee\' was pretty nerdy.\” - T. Tauri

\“My jury\'s still out on Sole because he seems to have been exercising a conservatism in most his released material and he\'s definitely musically hipper.\” - JONM AYTAC

\“No matter how good Sole\'s flow could be on the track, it\'s not an overly effective diss because he sounds like he barely knows El-P, what he done in the past and where he\'s coming from.\” - Tony 1er

\“Lyric-wise, I think they equal each other out… Neither one were lyrically \”dope as fuck\“ but each one had its quotable moments…. In the end, I would have to go with El-P for the more solid delivery, better production, and not to mention Sole\'s contribution for his own downfall…\” - Flipmatic

\“This song is wack and everything, but Sole sounds like a bitch in the stuff Co-Flow has sampled from their phone conversation with him. I realize Sole was trying to be a bigger man and everything, but Co Flow really made him look bad by putting that in there. As for El-P\'s disses on Sole, *yawn*… but sampling Sole saying that stuff like… \”I love Company Flow\“ and \”I wanna be down\“ REALLY makes him look like a herb. \”Dear Elpee\“ was a far better song, but Sole still comes out looking bad.\” - A.R.