Shock G hættur ! Gregory E. Jacobs betur þekktur sem Shock G hefur tilkynnt að hann ætli að hætta í tónlistarbransanum. Shock G sem er fæddur 25. ágúst 1963 hefur haft mikill áhrif á tónlistarbransann. Hann og Chopmaster stofnaði HipHop hljómsveitina Digital Underground árið 1987 sem er þekkt fyrir lög eins og Same Song og Humpty Dance. Hann átti líka mörg “Alter ego's” og það þekktasta var Humpty Hump sem einkenndist á Stóru gullgervinefi og frekar undarlegri rödd.
Shock G gaf Tupac Shakur séns að taka eitt verse í
lokinn á laginu Same Song og breytti Rappheiminum á andartaki.

Versið hans Tupacs
Now I clown around when I hang around with the Underground
Girls use to frown, say I'm down, when I come around
gas me and when they pass me they use to diss me
harrass me, but now they ask me if they can kiss me
Get some fame, people change, wanna live they life high
same song, can't go wrong, if I play the nice guy
(clamin that they must have changed,just because we came strong)
I remain, still the same (why Tu'?) cause it's the same song
Shock hefur síðan komið fram í mörgum lögum með Tupac þar á meðal I Get Around og Fuck The World.

Shock hefur gefið út 12 plötur,8 eru með Digital Underground, 3 sóló plötur og svo átti hann 1 lag á Sex And The Studio.
Hérna er listi yfir þær plötur sem hann hefur gefið út og verið á.

Digital Underground
Underwater Rimes & Your Life's a Cartoon

Digital Underground
Sex Packets

Digital Underground
This is An EP Release

Digital Underground
Sons of the P

Digital Underground
The Body-Hat Syndrome

Digital Underground
Future Rhythm

Digital Underground
Who Got the Gravy?

Digital Underground
The Lost Files

Sex and the Studio
Soundtrack

Shock-G
Rare Joints & Collabos

Shock-G
Fear of a Mixed Planet

Shock-G
Shockwaves

Og hérna er svo yfirlýsingin frá Shock-G (Ég ætla ekki að þýða hana ég vill hafa hana eins og hún kom úr munninum á honum)

I'm retiring from all forms of studio work and song writing.

My reasons for retiring are:

1. I get no satisfaction or fullfillment from it anymore. It doesn't make me happy. On the contrary, it depresses me.
Normally I'm not depressed, it's only surrounding the studio. I'm happy when I'm away from the studio.

2. Can't make a living at it. 90% of the studio work I've done in the last 6 years has all been either for free or for peanuts, and hasn't generated any income since.

3. It drives me to do drugs, cause I HATE BEING IN THE STUDIO. To much pressure & expectation for me to make/save/spark someone elses career or project.

4. I quit the studio. Fuck the studio.

5. I can't win in the studio, It's pointless, it's a “catch 22” for me, watch:
If what I do sucks, it tarnishes the legacy, hurts the family, and even lowers the price, and also leaves the artists & involved-companies unhappy;
But if what I do shines, it generates more studio work for the future, and furthur traps me in the music business, a business I have no intention of slaving to the rest of my life. I gave it 20 years. I'm done.

6. Every man has the right to the pursuit of happiness and should first try a job that he might gain happiness & fullfillment from. This doesn't make me happy anymore, it makes me miserable and a drug addict.

7. I'm done widdit. Whew!

YES, it already feels great already just to say it!!!

I most likely will try my hand at some of these:

> writing (Afeni assures me this is my true calling everytime she see's me. Maybe she's right?)

> acting

> stage performing, meaning accepting tours or positions in other bands doing keys & background vocals. (IF it's real and if the moneys good. No amatuer orfree stuff anymore.)

> regular jobs in service (like clubs, hotels, TV show bands or staff, resturants, who knows?)

> ..and of course still do digital tours cause it PAYS and people don't expect me & Mon (grown men) to work for free, like all the studio requests. I'm 42 and have wants/needs/bills/responsibilities.

So there it is, spread the word, I quit.

I don't make beats, I don't do vocals, I don't write vocals, NONE OF IT.

Those of you who are friends, will be happy for me. Happy that I shook something that was making me miserable.

Those of you who had plans to “use” or manipulate me at the expense of my own health & happiness, will be upset about this. All I can say to those would be,

you're free to do whatever you wish, and so am I.

I choose to QUIT.

there it is.

Thanx everybody, spread the word
Þetta er sannarlega sorgardagar því að Shock hefur gefið HipHop menninguni mikið.
Takk fyrir Shock-G
This is your life and it's ending one minute at a time…