K-Otix viðtal! Rakst bara á þetta og datt í hug að setja þetta inn vegna þess að K-Otix eru góðkunningjar Lone Cats.

“The Texas based group K-Otix have been making serious noise on underground hip hop radio nationally for a few years. Their newest project in the works is a full length lp. The Are (Russel the producer) and emcees Mic and Damien have a sound that sets a standard for quality pure independent hip hop. K-Otix come with beats that can hold their own with the likes of Primo and Pete Rock, their rhymes are top choice, and the flow is on point. Truly rising stars who are making a solid name in a genre where competition is growing fierce daily.

Being from Houston Texas do you feel isolated from the rest of the hip hop world?

Russel: Well, it is hard to network with other artist in the industry when your so far from everyone but I think we've broken alot of the isolation by just releasing material and being consistant with it.

When I think of Texas, I think of either some dirty South type music or some playa/gang type music. I know that is a stereotype, but why do you think there aren't other groups coming out of Texas with pure hip hop music?

Damien: There's actually alot of underground artist here. They just have'nt put anything out. One of the groups that have is called Example. we're featured on they're new 12”.

Is there a big following for the kind of hip hop that you create there in Texas?

Russel: There's alot here but getting them out is the hard part. Alot of people that love underground hip hop have families and 9 to 5's now. I remember alot of cats that used to be around back in the day were headed to college. Now those cats have full time jobs and fams that make it hard for them to come out for hip hop events. We'll be able to see how the following really is when we release our album and it's accessable to everyone on all formats.

I know you got together about 9 years ago. How did that happen?

Mic: me and met in school and used to write rhymes together in computer class. We met Russel(the ARE) through a friend that was trying to start a label because we needed a producer at the time. after that, things just took off and we started develop things further.

Lyrically, the rhymes in your songs are very on point. You express in the traditional mentality of hip hop without the drug references, negative crime sh*t, or iced out materialistic sh*t. What was it in your background as artists that had you follow the true essence of hip hop and not stray down the wack road that most groups go today?

Mic: the fact that we grew up listening to quality hip hop and many other styles of music, help to build our preference to make good quality music as well. we feel there's too many other points to talk about in hip hop than to focus on what alot of people already talk about. that's just not in us.

Who are you personally feeling right now in hip hop?

Russel: I'm feeling anything that's creative. Musically and lyrically. Groups like Lone Catalysts, Freddie Fox, Okayplayer stuff, etc."

Peace!