Ég var um daginn að gramsa eitthvað í gömlum blöðum sem ég á og fann þar gamalt The Source blað. Í því blaði eru 100 bestu rímur allra tíma og tók ég mér tíma og settist niður og ritaði þær niður. Hef ég ákveðið að deila þeim með ykkur hérna!
Þetta er samt langt en fljótlegt að lesa þetta yfir.

[supreme clientele]

1. Rakim “My Melody” 1988
“I take seven MCs put’em in a line/ And add seven more brothers who think they can rhyme/ Well, it’ll take seven more before I go for mine/ And that’s 21 MCs ate up at the same time…”

2. Big Daddy Kane “The Symphony” 1988
“And battlin’ me is hazardous to you health/ So put quarter in you’ ass, ‘cause ya played yo’self…”

3. Nas “NY State Of Mind” 1994
“It drops deep as it does in my breath/ I never sleep, ‘cause sleep is the cousin of death…”

4. Geto Boys (Scarface) “Mind Playing Tricks On Me” 1991
“At night I can’t sleep, I toss and turn/ Candlesticks in the dark, visions of bodies bein’ burned/ Four walls just starin’ at a nigga/ I’m paranoid, sleepin’ with my finger on the trigger…”

5. Notorious B.I.G. “One More Chance” (remix) 1994
“Lyrically, I’m supposed to represent/ I’m not only a client, I’m the player president…”

6. A Tribe Called Quest (Q-Tip) “Check the Rhime Y’all” 1991
“Industry rule #4080/ Record company people are shadt…”

7. Wu-Tang Clan (GZA) “Protect Ya Neck” 1993
“First of all, who’s your A&R?/ A mountain climber, who plays an electric guitar’/ But he don’t know the meaning of dope when he lookin’ for a suit and tie rap that’s cleaner than a bar of soap…”

8. 2pac “Hail Mary” 1996
“I ain’t a killer but don’t push me/ Revenge is like the sweetest joy next to getting pussy…”

9. AZ “Life’s A Bitch” 1994
“Visualizing the realism of life in actuality/ Fuck who’s the baddest/ a person’s status depends on salary…”

10. Jay-Z “Dead Presidents II” 1996
“I dabbled in crazy weight/ Without rap I was crazy straight/ Partner, I’m still spendin’ money from ’88…What?…”

———————————-

[braggin’ writes]

1. Slick Rick “La-Di-Da-Di” 1986
“Mirror, mirror on the wall/ Who is the top choice of them all?/ There was a rubble dubble/ Five minutes it lasted/ Finally the mirror said, “You are you conceited bastard”…”

2. Big Daddy Kane “Set It Off” 1988
“I could sneeze, sniffle or cough/ Eeeeeven if I stutter, I’ma still come of…”

3. Run-DMC “King Of Rock” 1985
“I’m the king of rock, there is none higher/ Sucker MCs should call me sire/ To burn my kingdom you must use fire/ I won’t stop rappin’ til I retire…”

4. LL Cool J “Ill Bomb” 2000
“Ask Russel Simmons who put him up those skyscrapers/ Ask my dog up at FUBU who mad’em major/ LL nigga, now who’s next to need a favor…”

5. KRS-One “Step Into A World” 1997
“Did I say I’m number one?/ No, I’m sorry, I lied/ I’m number one, two, three, four and five…”

6. Fugees (Lauryn Hill) “Zealots” 1996
“And even after all my logic and theory/ I add a muthafucka so you ig’nant niggas hear me..”

7. Jay-Z “I Love Yhe Dough” 1997
“And the watches be all types of shapes and stones/ Being broke is childish and I’m quite grown…”

8. Big L “MVP” 1995
“In a street brawl I strike men quicker than lightning/ You seen what happen in my last fight friend, aiight then…”

9. Eminem “Without Me” 2002
“No I’m not the first king of controversy/ I am the worst thing since Elvis Presley/ to do Black music so selfishly/ And use it to get myself wealthy (hey!)…”

10. Benzino “Who Is Benzino?” 2001
“Despite the facts, still here, of course/ Fuck “Five Mivs”, muthafucka, I am the Source…”

———————————-

[ve rbal intercourse]

1. Lil’ Kim “Big Momma Thang” 1996
“I used to be scared of the dick/ Now I put lips to the shit/ Handle it like a real bitch/ Heather Hunter/ Janet Jackme/ Take it in the butt/ yes, yes, what…”

2. A Tribe Called Quest (Phife) “Electric Relaxation” 1993
“Let me hit it from the back, girl you won’t catch a hernia/ Bust off on your couch and now you got Seamen’s furniture…”

3. Grand Puba “Who Can Get Busy Like this Man” 1990
“See I’m the type of brother/ And I like to have fun/ Hon’ said 69/ I said 68 and I owe you one…”

4. Big Pun “I’m Not A Player”. 1998
“Split it in half, watch the gas, baby take a bath/ Be good, I might put away the wood and give you the mustache…”

5. Trina “Nann Nigga” 1999
“Nigga you don’t know nann hoe uh-uh/ That don’t tried all types of shit/ Who quick to deep-throat the dick/ And let another bitch straight lick the clit…”

6. Kool G Rap “Talk Like Sex” 1990
“I bust a nut and get up and wipe my dick on your curtain…”

7. Akinyele “Put It In Your mouth” 1996
“I’m givin bitches permanent beards/ Put your lips here and catch these damn facial hairs in your mouth…”

8. Snoop Dogg “Gin And Juice” 1993
“I got bitches in the living room getting it on/ And they ain’t leavin’ till six in the morning/ So what you wanna do/ Shit I got a pocketful of rubbers, and my homeboys do too…”

9. Luke “DooDoo Brown” 1992
“Face down/ Ass up/ That’s the way we like to fuck…”

10. Notorios B.I.G. “Nasty Boy” 1997
“Then I, whipped it out, rubber no doubt/ Step out, show me what you all about/ Dick is in your mouth, open up your blouse/ Pull your G-String down South, ow….”

———————————-

[life lines]

1. Treach “Ghetto Bastard” 1992
“I was one who never had and alway mad/ Never knew my dad/ Muthafucka the fag…”

2. Ghostface “All That I Got Is You” 1996
“Fifteen of us in a three-bedroom apartment/ roaches everywhere, cousins and aunts was there/ Four in the bed, two at the foot, two at the head/ I didn’t like to sleep with John-John, he peed the bed…”

3. 2pac “Dear Mama”
“Even as a crack fiend, mama/ You always was a black queen, mama…”

4. Jay-Z “This Can’t be Life” 2000
“It gets worse, baby-mama water burst/ Baby came out still-born/ Still, I gotta move on…”

5. Foxy Brown “The letter” 2001
“You was there when this fame almost got me killed/ When I was in the hospital, could not be still/ Only you knew the reasons why I popped these pills…”

6. Beanie Sigel “The Truth” 1999
“Go home, my wife fussin’ and bitchin’/ ”Muthafucka, won’t you change your life?”/
I’m thinkin’, “Muthafucka why don’t I Change my wife?”…”

7. Ice Cube “Today Was A Good Day” 1992
“Drunk as hell but no throwin’ up/ Halfway home and my pager still blowin’ up/ Today i didn’t even have to use my A.K. / I got to say it was a good day…”

8. Eminem “The Way I Am” 2000
“I’m so sick and tired of being admired/ that I wish that I would die or get fired/ And dropped from my label/ And stop with the fables/ I’m gonna be able to top what “My Name Is”…”

9. Wu-Tang Clan (Raekwon) “C.R.E.A.M.” 19995
“I grew up on the crime side/ The New York Times side/ Stayin’ alive was no jive…”

10. Snoop Dogg “Murder Was the Case” 1994
“Dear God, I wonder can ya save me/ I can’t die/ My Boo-Boo’s ‘bout to have my baby…”

———————————-

[war of words]

1. Canibus “2nd Round KO” 1998
“Now watch me rip tat from your arm/ Kick you in the groin, stick for Vanguard award/ In front of your mom. Your first, second and third born/ Get your wife on the horn and call Minister Farrakhan…”

2. KRS-One “The bridge Is Over” 1987
“I finally figured it out, Magic’s mouth is used for suckin’/ Roxanne Shanté is only good for steady fuckin’/ MC Shan and Marley Marl is really only bluffin’…”

3. Roxanne Shanté “Roxanne’s Revenge” 1984
“I said, “You call yourself a doctor”/ he said, “Yeah that’s true”/ I said “Explain to me really what doctors do?”…”

4. MC Lyte “10% Dis” 1988
“Hot damn ho here we go again/ Suckers steal a beat, when you know they can’t win…”

5. Nas “Ether” 2001
“You a fan, a phony, a fake, a pussy, a Stan/ I still whip your ass, you 36 in a karate class/ You Tae-bo ho…”

6. Jay-Z “The Takeover” 2001
“I got money stacks bigger than you when I was pushin’ wight back in ‘88/ You was a ballerina/ I got the pictures I seent ya…”

7. Kool Moe Dee “Let’s Go” 1989
“Now LL stands for Lower Lever, Lackluster, Last Least, Limp Lover….”

8. LL Cool J “The Ripper Strikes Back” 1998
“Ask Canibus/ He ain’t understandin’ this/ ‘Cause 99 percent of his fans don’t exist..”

9. Common “The Bitch In You” 1996
“Hypocrite, I’m filling our your death certificate/ Slanging bean pies and St. Ide’s in the same sentence…”

10. Tim Dog “Fuck Compton” 1991
“Fighting over colors?/ All that gang shit is for dumb muthafuckas/ But you go on thinking you’re hard/ Come to New York and we’ll see who gets robbed…”

———————————-

[ev eryday struggle]

1. Public Enemy (Chuck D) “Fight The Power” 1989
“Elvis was a hero to most/ But he never meant shit to me, you see/ Straight-up racist that sucker was simple and plain/ Muthafucka him and John Wayne…”

2. Melle Mel “The Message” 1983
“A child is born with no state of mind/ Blind to the ways of mankind…”

3. Kool Moe Dee “Self Destruction” 1989
“I never ever ran from the Ku Klux Klan/ And I shouldn’t have to run from a Black man…”

4. 2pac “Brenda’s Got A Baby” 1992
“I hear Brenda’s got a baby/ Well, Brenda’s barely got a brain, a damn shame/ The girl can hardly spell her name…”

5. Organized Konfusion (Pharoahe Monch) “Stress” 1994
“When I’m in the back of your midtown taxi, don’t even ask me for the cash, G/ The four cabs before didn’t pick me up/ So ask yourself who the fuck’s gonna stick me up…”

6. Dead Prez “Hip-Hop” 2000
“Would you rather have a lexus or justice?/ A dream or some substance?/ A Beamer, a necklace or freedom…”

7. 3rd Bass (MC Search) “The Gas Face” 1989
“Black cat is bad luck, bad guys wear black/ Musta been a white guy wo started all that…”

8. KRS-One “Sound Of Da Police” 1993
“Overseer, overseer, overseer/ Officer, officer, officer, officer/ Officer from overseer/ You need a little clarity?/ Check the similarity…”

9. Queen Latifah “U.N.I.T.Y.” 1993
“You say I’m nothing without ya, but I’m nothing with ya/ A don’t really love you if he hits ya…”

10. O.C. “Time’s Up” 1994
“Of course we gotta pay rent so money connect/ But, uh, I’d rather be broke and have a whole lotta respect…”

———————————-

1. Notorius B.I.G. “Victory” 1997“
“Real sick, all nights, I perform like Mike/ Anyone – Tyson, Jordan, Jackson/ Action…”

2. A Tribe Called Quest (Phife) “Scenario” 1991
Ayo, Bo knows this (what!)/ And Bo knows that/ But Bo don’t know jack, ‘cause Bo can’t rap…”

3. Nature “Banned From TV” 1998
“Regardless of rain or snow, sleet or hail/ I kick street tales choking niggas like I’m Sprewell…”

4. Jadakiss “Put Your Hands Up” 2001
“And ya’ll scared I can tell/ And I’ma get bucks like Milwaukee ‘cause like Sam I “Can Sell”…”

5. Pharoahe Monch “Official” 1999
“Not Allen Iverson, forget crosin’ over shake men/ Similar to Troy, I bring pain destined to Aik-man…”

6. Kurtis Blow “Basketball” 1984
“Basketball is my favourite sport/ I like the way they dribble up and down the court/ Just like I’m the king on the microphone, so is Dr. J and Moses Malone…”

7. Jay-Z “Can’t Knock The Hustle” 1996
“Got the US open/ Advantage Jigga/ Serve like Sampras…”

8. Ice Cube “It Was A Good Day” 1992
“Get me on the court and I’m trouble/ Lastweek messed around and got a triple double…”

9. Def Squad (Erick Sermon) “Countdown” 1998
“On the mic, I’m wizard, call me Chris Webber…”

10. Q-Tip “Check The Rhime” 1991
“Got the scrawny legs but I move just like Lou Brock…”

———————————-

[wri ter’s block]

1. Big Daddy Kane “Ain’t No Half Steppin’ ” 1988
“At the table I sit, making it legit/ And when my pen hits the paper, ahhh shit….”

2. Eric B. & Rakim (Rakim) “I Got Soul” 1987
“I start to think and then I sink into the paper/ Like I was ink, when I’m writin’ I’m trapped in between the lines/ And I escape when I finish the rhyme…”

3. Nas “The World Is Yours” 1994
“I sip the Dom P, watchin’ Gandhi till I’m charged/ Then writin’ in my book of rhymes/ All the words pass ther margin…”

4. Mobb Deep (Prodigy) “Quiet Storm” 1999
“I put my lifetime in between the paper’s lines/ I’m the “Quiet Storm” nigga who fight rhyme…”

5. Jay-Z “Ride Or Die” 1998
“S. Carter, ghostwriter, and for the right price/ I can even make yo’ shit tighter…”

6. KRS-One “My Philosophy” 1988
“I’ll get a pen, a pencil, a marker mainly what I write is for the average New Yorker…”

7. Public Enemy (Chuck D) “Welcome To The Terrordome” 1990
“When I get mad I put it down on a pad/ Give ya somethin’ that cha never had…”

8. Lord Finesse “Funky Technician” 1990
“Using bad words, pronouns and adverbs/ Putting English together just like a mad nerd…”

9. De La Soul “Declaration” 2000
“Salute these “Supa MC’s” for bein’ clever/ And never usin’ weed as a ghostwriter…”

10. Black Moon (Buckshot) “Who Got Da Props” 1993
“Spitting my verbs like an automatic weapon/ Suckas keep stepping so I’ma let you know…”

———————————-

[paid in full]

1. Slick Rick “La-Di-Da-Di” 1985
“Fresh, dressed, like a million bucks/ Put on the Bally shoes and fly green sock/ Stepped out the house stopped short, oh no/ Went back in forgot my Kangol…”

2. Special Ed “I Got It Made” 1989
“Even got an island of my very own/ I got a frog, a dog with a solid gold bone/ An accountant to account the amount I spent/ Got a treaty with Tahiti ‘cause I own a percent…”

3. Jay-Z “Money Ain’t A Thang” 1998
“Said she love my necklace/ She started relaxing/ Now that’s what the fuck I call a chain reaction…”

4. Mase “Feel So Good” 1997
“It’s like y’all be talin’ funny/ I don’t understand the language of people with short money…”

5. Lil Wayne “Bling, Bling” 1999
“I’ll do your main lady, in a blue navigaty/ That’s game baby/ You can call me a game shooter/ But since I drive a bubble, people call me Lex Luger…”

6. P. Diddy “Bad Boy For Life” 2001
“Don’t worry if I write rhymes, I write checks..”

7. Prodigy “Keep It Thoro” 2000
“My Chain hang down to my dick/ My shit bang glass tables…”

8. Big Tymers (Baby) “Still Fly” 2000
“Have you ever seen a crocodile seats in the truck?/ Turn around sit it down and let’em bite ya butt…”

9. Notorius B.I.G. “Juicy” 1994
“50-inch screen, money green leather sofa/ got two rides, a limousine with a chauffeur/ Phone bill about two G’s flat/ No need to worry, my accountant handles that…”

10. Busta Rhymes “Put Your Hands Where My Eyes Could See” 1997
“Various chickens they wanna marry us/ Yo it’s Flipmode my nigga you know we ‘bout tu bust/ Seven-figure money the label preparing us..”

———————————-

[gangsta boogie]

1. Kool G Rap “Ill Street Blues” 1992
“We snatched him by his hands and feet and threw him out the window/ Up, up, up and away cause I don’t play, clown/ Buck, buck, buck, take that with you on the way down…”

2. Big Pun “Twinz (Deep Cover ’98)” 1998
“Dead in the middle of Little Italy/ Little did we know that we riddled some middleman who didn’t do diddily…”

3. Notorious B.I.G. “Who Shot Ya” 1995
“I could hear sweat trickling down your cheek/ Your heartbeat sound like Sasquatch feet, thunderin’, shakin’ the concrete…”

4. M.O.P. (Lil’ Fame) “Calm Down” 2000
“Ya’ll niggas act like you came to shoot/ I kick ya’ll in the ass with the same pair of boots…”

5. Freddy Foxxx “The Militia” 1998
“My was is so thight, my drama so ill/ Beef with me hangs around like a unpaid bill…”

6. Mobb Deep (Prodigy) “Shook Ones Pt. II” 1995
“Take these words home and think it through/ Or the next rhymes I write may be about you…”

7. Lil’ Kim “It’s All About The Benjamins” 1997
“If it’s murder/ You know she wrote it/ German Ruger for yo’ ass bitch/ Deep throat it…”

8. Snoop Dogg & Dr. Dre “Deep Cover” 1992
“Yeah, and it don’t stop, ‘cause it’s 1-8-7 on a undercover cop…”

9. Jadakiss And Styles “We Gonna Make It” 2001
“You might find your man dead in the ocean/ He be aiight though (Styles) / You know dead rappers get better promotion…”

10. A Tribe Called Quest (Kid Hood) “Scenario” (Remix) 1992
“Sick-ass brotha, nasty-ass nigga/ Pump slugs in your face and dump that ass in the river/ Two tears in a bucket, fuck it, kick the can (Say What, Say What!!!)/ I’m a bad, bad man…”

kv. brummi