Góðan dag, góðan dag.
Ef þið lesið september tölublaðið af The Source sjáiði mjög áhugavert efni! Fyrirsögnin ber heitið “Top 100 rhymes of all time”. Þetta er á tveimur opnum, og ég verð nú bara að segja það að það er mjög skemmtilegt að lesa þetta. Ég ætla að skrifa hérna brot af þessum “top 100 rhymes” til gamans, ég nenni þó ekki að skrifa allt, því sumt af þessu er eitthvað sem við hérna á fróni höfum litla þekkingu af (flestir).

………………………………….. …………………….

[Greatest lyrics of all time]
… We’ve chosen splices from solos and collabos from the loads of lyrical miracles that keep fans on their toes. A hundred, to be exact, from sex to bustin’ gats. Withmore tight lines than opening day at Great Adventure, here is a list of lyrics your great grandkids will remember.

……………………..

[SUPREME CLIENTELE]

(1) - Nas “NY State of Mind” 1994 -
“It drops deep as it does in my breath/ I never slep, ‘cause sleep is the cousin of death…”

(2) - The Notorious B.I.G “One More Chance” (Remix) 1994 -
“Lyrically, I’m supposed to represent/ I’m not only a client, I’m the player president…”

(3) - Wu-Tang Clan (GZA) “Protect Ya Neck” 1993 -
“First of all, who’s you’re A&R?/ A mountain climber, who plays an electric guitar?/ But he don’t know the meaning of dope when he lookin’ for a suit and tie rap that’s cleaner than a bar of soap…”

(4) - 2pac “Hail Mary” 1996 -
“I ain’t a killer, but don’t push me/ Revenge is like the sweetest joy next to getting pussy…”

(5) - Jay-Z “Dead Presidents II” 1996 -
“I dabbled in crazy weight/ Without rap I was crazy straight/ Partner, I’m still spendin’ money from ’88… What?…”

[BRAGGIN’ WRITES]

(6) - Run-DMC “King of Rock” 1985 -
“I’m the king of rock, there is none higher/ Sucker MCs should call me sire/ To burn my kingdom you must use fire/ I won’t stop rappin’ till I retire…”

(7) - LL Cool J “Ill Bomb” 2000 -
“Ask Russell Simmons who put him up in those skyscrapers/ Ask my dogs up at FUBU who made ‘em major/ LL nigga, now who’s next to need a favor…”

(8) - KRS-One “Step Into a World” 1997 -
“Did I say I’m number one?/ No, I’m sorry, I lied/ I’m number one, two, three, four and five…”

(9) - Fugees (Lauryn Hill) “Zealots” 1996 -
“And even after all my logic and my theory/ I add a muthafucka so you ig’nant niggas hear me…”

(10) - Jay-Z “I Love the Dough” 1997 -
“And the watches be all types of shapes and stones/ Being broke is childish and I’m quite grown…”

(11) - Eminem “Without Me” 2002 -
“No I’m not the first king of controversy/ I am the worst thing since Elvis Presley/ To do Black music so selfishly/ And use it to get myself wealthy…”

[LIFE LINES]

(12) - Ghostface “All That I Got Is You” 1996 -
“Fifteen of us in a three-bedroom apartment/ Roaches everywhere, cousins and aunts was there/ Four in the bed, two at the foot, two at the head/ I didn’t like to sleep with John-John, he peed the bed…”

(13) - 2pac “Dear Mama” 1995 -
“Even as a crack fiend, mama/ You always was a Black queen, mama…”

(14) - Foxy Brown “The Letter” 2001 -
“You was there when this fame almost got me killed/ When I was in the hospital, could not be still/ Only you knew the reasons why I popped these pills…”

(15) - Beanie Sigel “The Truth” 1999 -
“Go home, my wife fussin’ and bitchin’/ ‘Muthafucka, won’t you change your life?’/ I’m thinkin’, ‘Muthafucka why don’t I change my wife?’…”

(16) - Eminem “The Way I Am” 2000 -
“I’m so sick and tired og being admires/ That I wish that I would just die or get fired/ And dropped from my label/ And stop with the fables/ I’m not gonna be able to top what ‘My Name Is’…”

(17) - Snoop Dogg “Murder Was the Case” 1994 -
“Dear God, I wonder can ya save me/ I can’t die/ My Boo-Boo’s ‘bout to have my baby…”

[VERBAL INTERCOURSE]

(18) - Lil’ Kim “Big Momma Thang” 1996 -
“ I used to be scared of the dick/ Now I put lips to the shit/ Handle it like a real bitch/ Heather Hunter/ Janet Jackme/ Take it in the butt/ Yes, yes, what…”

(19) - Snoop Dogg “Gin and Juice” 1993 -
“I got bitches in the living room getting’ it on/ And they ain’t leavin’ till six in the morning/ So what you wanna do/ Shit I got a pocketful of rubbers, and my homeboys do too…”

(20) - Luke “DooDoo Brown” 1992 -
“Face down/ Ass up/ That’s the way we like to fuck…”

(21) - The Notorious B.I.G. “Nasty Boy” 1997 -
“Then I, whipped it out, rubber no doubt/ Step out, show me what you all about/ Dick is in your mouth, open up your blouse/ Pull your G-string down South, ow…”

[WAR OF WORDS]

(22) - Canibus “2nd Round KO” 1998 -
“Now watch me rip the tat from your arm/ Kick you in the groin, stick you for your Vanguard award/ In front of your mom, you first, second and third born/ Get your wife on the horn and call Minister Farrakhan…”

(23) - Nas “Ether” 2001 -
“You a fan, a phony, a fake, a pussy, a Stan/ I still whip your ass, you 36 in a karate class/ You Tae-bo ho…”

(24) - LL Cool J “The Ripper Strikes Back” 1998 -
“Ask Canibus/ He ain’t understandin’ this/ ‘Cause 99 percent of his fans don’t exist…”

[EVERYDAY STRUGGLE]

(25) - Public Enemy (Chuck D) “Fight the Power” 1989 -
“Elvis was a hero to most/ But he never meant shit to me, you see/ Straight-up racist that sucker was simple and plain/ Muthafuck him and John Wayne…”

(26) - 2pac “Brenda’s Got a Baby” 1992 -
“I hear Brenda’s got a baby/ Well, Brenda’s barely got a brain, a damn shame/ The girl can hardly spell her name…”

(27) - 3rd Bass “The Gas Face” 1989 -
“Black cat is bad luck, bad guys wear black/ Musta been a white guy who started all that…”

(28) - KRS-One “Sound of Da Police” 1993 -
“Overseer, overseer, overseer/ Officer, officer, officer, officer/ Officer from overseer/ You need a little clarity?/ Check the similarity…”

(29) - Queen Latifah “U.N.I.T.Y.” 1993 -
“You say I’m nothing without ya, but I’m nothing with ya/ A man don’t really love you if he hits ya…”

[SPIT GAME]

(30) - A Tribe Called Quest “Scenario” 1991 -
“Ayo, Bo knows this (what!)/ And Bo knows that/ But Bo don’t know jack, ‘cause Bo can’t rap…”

(31) - Ice Cube “It Was a Good Day” 1992 -
“Get me on the court and I’m trouble/ Last week messed around and got a triple double…”

[WRITER’S BLOCK]

(32) - Nas “The World Is Yours”” 1994 -
“ I sip the Dom P, watchin’ Gandhi till I’m charged/ Then writin’ in my book of rhymes/ All the words pass the margin…”

(33) - Public Enemy (Chuck D) “Welcome to the Terrordome” 1990 -
“When I get mad I put it down on a pad/ Give ya somethin’ that cha never had…”

[PAID IN FULL]

(34) - Jay-Z “Money Ain’t a Thang” 1998 -
“Said she love my necklace/ She started relaxing/ Now that’s what the fuck I call a chain reaction…”

(35) - Mase “Feel So Good” 1997 -
“It’s like y’all be talkin’ funny/ I don’t understand the language of people with short money…”

(36) - P.Diddy “Bad Boy for Life” 2001 -
“Don’t worry if I write rhymes, I write checks…”

(37) - The Notorious B.I.G. “Juicy” 1994 -
“50-inch screen, money green leather sofa/ Got two rides, alimousine with a chauffeur/ Phone bill about two G’s flat/ No need to worry, my accountant handles that…”

[GANGSTA BOOGIE]

(38) - Mobb Deep “Shook Ones Part II” 1995 -
“Take these words home and think it through/ Or the next rhymes I write may be about you…”

(39) - Jadakiss & Styles “We Gonna Make It” 2001 -
“You might find your man dead in the ocean/ He be aiight though/ You know dead rappers get better promotion…”

…………………………………. ……………………..

Eins og ég sagði áðan eru nefndar 100 rímur, þetta eru ekki allar eins og þið sjáið, tæplega helmingur!
Sumt af þessu finnst mér algjör snilld, en svo er annað sem mér finnst ekki alveg vera að virka.
Persónulega finnst mér þau bestu nr. 27 og 39! Flottar svona pælingar eins og í 27… ! Svo finnst mér nr. 14, 24 og 38 helvíti gott… Einnig er margt annað þarna sem mér finnst ansi gott, ætla ekki að vera að telja það allt upp.
En það sem mér finnst vanta er eitthvað með DMX, mér finnst skrýtið að það sé ekkert eftir hann þarna því persónulega finnst mér mjög margir textar með honum alveg magnaðir !

En það væri gaman að fá ykkar skoðanir á þessu, hvað finnst ykkur standa uppúr, hvað finnst ykkur vanta, o.s.frv. !

Takk fyrir :)