Nokkrar skemmtilegar línur sem ég náði í á netinu og ábyrgist upp á drengskap minn bæði það sem Elvis sagði og sem var sagt um hann.

1. Það sem hann sagði.

“I wiggle my shoulders, I shake my legs, I walk up and down the stage, I hop around on one foot. But I never bump and grind. Why, that’s vulgar. I’d never do anything vulgar before an audience. My mother would never allow it.”

“Take care of the fans and they will sure as hell take care of you.”

I’ve never gotten over what they call stagefright. I go through it every show. I’m pretty concerned, I’m pretty much thinking about the show. I never get completely comfortable with it, and I don’t let the people around me get comfortable with it, in that I remind them that it’s a new crowd out there, it’s a new audience, and they haven’t seen us before. So it’s got to be like the first time we go on.

“I want to entertain people. That’s my whole life. To my last breath.”

“Don’t criticize what you don’t understand, son. You never walked in that man’s shoes.”
-Elvis often used this adaptation of a well-known quotation.

2. Smá af því sem sagt hefur verið um hann.

“A lot of people have accused Elvis of stealing the black man’s music, when in fact, almost every black solo entertainer copied his stage mannerisms from Elvis.”
Jackie Wilson

“There have been a lotta tough guys. There have been pretenders. And there have been contenders. But there is only one king.”
Bruce Springsteen

“Before Elvis, there was nothing.”
John Lennon

“You know, Bush is always comparing me to Elvis in sort of unflattering ways. I don’t think Bush would have liked Elvis very much, and that’s just another thing that’s wrong with him.”
Bill Clinton
During the 1992 pres idential campaign

“Ask anyone. If it hadn't been for Elvis, I don't know where popular music would be. He was the one that started it all off, and he was definitely the start of it for me.”
Elton John

“That’s my idol, Elvis Presley. If you went to my house, you’d see pictures all over of Elvis. He’s just the greatest entertainer that ever lived. And I think it’s because he had such presence. When Elvis walked into a room, Elvis Presley was in the f—ing room. I don’t give a f— who was in the room with him, Bogart, Marilyn Monroe.”
Eddie Murphy
“ 'Til we meet you again, may God bless you. Adios.”