Delta Goodrem Þetta er soldið mikið og allt á ensku af því að ég nennti ekki að þýða þetta allt! En þið ykkar sem treystð ykkur til þess…Enjoy!
WELCOME TO THE WORLD OF DELTA GOODREM!!!

Fullt nafn:Delta Lea Goodrem
Gælunafn: Delts
Hæð:
5' 10" (1.78 m)

Trivia
At age 7 appeared in an American commercial for Galoob toys. Recorded a demo CD at 13 and released her first single at age 16.

Manager is Glenn Wheatley, most famous for managing John Farnham throughout his career.

She had a top ten UK hit with ‘Born to try.’

Her single “Born to Try” entered the ARIA charts at #3 on November 18, 2002, and peaked at #1 on December 2, 2002.

Her single “Lost Without You” entered the ARIA charts at #1 on March 11, 2003.

Announced that she has been diagnosed with Hodgkin's disease, a treatable form of cancer. Her career will be put on hold while she receives treatment (July 11th, 2003).

Her single “Innocent Eyes” entered the ARIA charts at #2 on June 16, 2003, and peaked at #1 on June 30, 2003.

Family consists of parents Denis and Lea Goodrem, and younger brother Trent.

Her debut single, “I Don't Care”, peaked at No. 64 on the ARIA charts in December 2001.

Has written songs with Gary Barlow, ex-singer with Take That.

Her single “Not Me, Not I” enters the ARIA charts at #2 on September 22, 2003, and peaks at #1 on September 29, 2003.

Her single “Predictable/Happy Xmas (War Is Over)” entered the ARIA charts at #2 on December 9, 2003, and peaked at #1 on December 22, 2003.

All five singles from her album “Innocent Eyes” (Born to Try, Lost Without You, Innocent Eyes, Not Me Not I and Predictable) achieved number 1 on the Australian charts. A seemingly unbeatable record.

Her album ‘Innocent Eyes’ which was released in Australia in March 2003, has never left the Top 3 positions in the ARIA Albums Chart since, and has spent 29 weeks at #1, which no other Australian artist has done (breaking the record of John Farnham's album ‘Whispering Jack’ which was released in 1982 and spent only 25 weeks at #1) also making it the highest charting local album in Australia. It's certified 14X Platinum by ARIA and is also the highest selling album in Australia (ARIA End Of Year Albums Chart - 2003).

Her DVD ‘Delta’ which is certified 11X Platinum by ARIA is the highest selling DVD ever in Australia (ARIA DVD Chart - 2003).

In the Official UK Singles Chart, in March 2003 her single ‘Born To Try’ debuted and peaked at #3, in June 2003 her single ‘Lost Without You’ debuted and peaked at #4, in September 2003 her single ‘Innocent Eyes’ debuted and peaked at #9 and in December 2003 her single ‘Not Me, Not I’ debuted and peaked at #18. Her debut album ‘Innocent Eyes’ also debuted and peaked at #2 in the Official UK Albums Chart in 2003.

Only artist to have as many as ten ARIA Award Nominations, and to win as many as nine ARIA Awards (including two viewer voted awards - 2003).

She is the only artist ever to have as many as five (consecutive) singles peak at #1 from an (debut) album (which also debuted #1 in the ARIA Albums Chart) in the ARIA Singles Chart in Australia (2003).

She has a longtime love of sport - especially skiing and netball. If she wasn't going to be a singer, she would have aimed to become a World Class Olympian.

Named for the Joe Crocker song ‘Delta Lady’.

Had to cut off her trademark long hair to undergo chemotherapy for Hodgkins Disease (her treatment has now ended, and she is currently growing out her hair)

Wrote the song “Together We Are One” for the Melbourne 2006 Commonwealth Games Opening Ceremony with boyfriend Brian McFadden.

——————————————————————————–

Personal quotes
Life is not a dress rehearsal.

“Life is a journey I don't have a map for.”

“Well, I'm not born to win and I'm not born to lose, but I am here to give it a good shot.”

“You've got to run your own race. There's nothing else you can do.”

Delta - The Biography

“Doing everything that I believe in…”

For only a young woman of 20 years of age, the sensational Delta Goodrem has accomplished a great deal in her life. Singer, songwriter, actress, designer. All of these mantles can be used to describe the girl who has become one of this decade's most popular superstars and one of this country's most adored idols. During all of this, Delta has managed to remain as firmly grounded as possible, always the positive thinker and always having time for her fans.

“Do you remember when you were seven and the only thing that you wanted to do was show your Mum you could play the piano?”

The beginning of what would be an extraordinary journey for Delta began at the age of seven years old, when she began learning the piano. Delta proved to have natural talent when it came to the piano and thus picked it up quickly. She began singing lessons at an early age and managed to pursue her love of music within two different arenas. Over the years, Delta grew to be quite the performer, putting on shows for her family and friends, performing in school productions and generally continuing her love of music through whatever avenues were available. At the age of 12, Delta got her first taste of the professional music industry, when she recorded her first demo. For the previous two years, Delta had been writing lyrics and composing piano pieces to establish her own musical identity. Which in a few years was about to be discovered…

“At the door to my life, now the day has arrived so loud and clear…”

At the age of 15, Delta sent a demo of her music off to her favourite football team: the Sydney Swans. Having listened to the tape, the Swans had the tape passed on to another Swans fan who also happened to be a music manager, Glenn Wheatley, most famously known for his long-time representation of Australian music legend, John Farnham. Glenn soon joined Sony Music Australia and signed Delta, impressed with the music he had heard from her demo tape. Delta began working with Sony Music and when she was 16, she released her first single entitled “I Don't Care”. The track was a lot more bubblegum pop than what fans are used to nowadays, and as fate would have it, the single did not perform to expectations. Having been disappointed by the single's end result, Delta took a step back to reevaluate her music and where she wanted to go with her new career.

“No point in talking what you should've been…and regretting the things that went on…”

As it turned out, the failure of “I Don't Care” on the charts was a blessing in disguise for Delta. Whilst working on her music, Delta was paired with Audius Mtawarira, who co-wrote what went on to become “Born to Try”. As the song was written, Delta was sought out for a part on the popular Aussie soap, “Neighbours”, playing a resident singer on the show. Delta was cast in the role of Nina Tucker, shy schoolgirl with an incredible voice. It was on this nighttime soap opera that Delta's first single, “Born to Try”, was premiered and after debuting at #3 on the ARIA charts, went to #1 and remained in the Top 5 for more than three months. It seemed Delta had finally found her musical identity and thus work went full steam ahead on her debut album.

“Out of the blue and there I met you…I can't believe that this happened so soon…”

As the rollercoaster ride continued for Delta, the popular young star released the second single from her debut album, “Innocent Eyes”, entitled “Lost Without You”. Having been written by Matthew Gerrard & Bridget Benenate, the track was a lot moodier and more fully explored the wide range of music that Delta encompassed. Shortly after the single's release, “Innocent Eyes” - Delta's very first studio album - was released and instantly went to #1 on the ARIA charts. Continuing to juggle both her music career with her duties on “Neighbours”, Delta Goodrem quickly became a fan favourite not just in Australia, but in the UK and Europe, where her music was welcomed with a warm embrace. In conjunction with the album's release, Delta began her journey on the media trail, appearing on TEN's “Rove Live” and making in-store appearances to meet her adored fans. Delta's warm, caring and genuine attitude towards her fans and her positive outlook on life became her trademark, as “Innocent Eyes” continued to fly off the shelves.

“Let me keep my faith and innocent eyes…”

In June 2003, Delta released the third single from the album, which was the title track, “Innocent Eyes”, and a personal favourite of Delta's. The single went to #1, earning Delta her third consecutive #1 release. The singer/songwriter's popularity continued to soar as Delta appeared on Channel V to perform for her fans at a very memorable mini-concert, where she truly showed off the amazing talent that has grown over her years. The concert proved to be a huge success, as many finally got the chance to see Delta perform live with her band.
What no-one was prepared for, however, was the hurdle that was to come and throw Delta's life into disarray.

“Who would have thought when chance came calling that this would be my defining story?”
In early July, Delta's family made the public announcement that the singer had been diagnosed with Hodgkin's Disease, a treatable form of cancer. The news of Delta's personal battle gripped the nation and almost immediately, letters of support and well wishes flooded in, with everyone wishing Delta all the best as she underwent treatment for cancer. Unfortunately for Delta, the treatment ultimately meant having to postpone both a planned promotional tour of the US and her lifelong dream of performing for the Swans at the AFL Grand Final. Delta temporarily stepped out of the limelight to concentrate on returning to full health, but not before she filmed the video for her fourth single, “Not Me, Not I”, in between bouts of treatment. The stunning video, directed by Michael Spiccia, was shot in Sydney and remains a fan favourite for its beautiful direction and style. “Not Me, Not I” went to #1 again, scoring Delta a new Australian record for being the first Australian artist to have four #1 singles off the same album.

“But you give me love that I can't disguise…”

Despite Delta's noticeable absence from the media, and her departure from “Neighbours”, her popularity had never been higher, as fans continued to support the singer during her illness. At the 2003 ARIA Awards, Delta broke yet another record when she was nominated for an astonishing 10 awards, including Highest Selling Single, Highest Selling Album & Best Female Artist. At the ceremony, Delta went on to win all of the awards she was nominated for, as well as picking up the highly coveted Channel V Viewer's Choice Award, thus ending Silverchair's undisputed seven year run. Fresh off her success at the ARIAs, Delta then released her fifth and final single from “Innocent Eyes”, the edgy rock track, “Predictable”, which became her fifth #1 and thereby breaking her own record. The single became memorable not only for the incredible Channel V live performance filmed earlier in the year that served as the single's video clip, but also for the beautiful cover of “Happy X-Mas” by John Lennon & Yoko Ono, which featured as a B-Side on the single. Given the events in the world at the time, Delta had sought permission from Yoko Ono to have the lyrics changed from “War is over” to “Let the war be over”.

“Free her mind, she's always the analyst…”

In 2004, after months of speculation and public scrutiny over her relationship with tennis player Mark Philipoussis, Delta made her first public appearance in months at the 2004 TV Week Logie Awards. Sporting a new dark albeit short hairstyle, Delta became hot favourite to win the Gold Logie for Most Popular Personality on TV. Although she did not win, the night proved to be equally as special, as she was made welcome by her fellow members of the industry after finally completing treatments earlier in the year. Delta soon began to throw herself back into her work, beginning preliminary work on her second album, filming her first feature film “Hating Alison Ashley” and making a return appearance on Ramsay St as Nina, back to reclaim the love of her life, Jack Scully (portrayed by Jay Bunyan). Her work on “Neighbours” also included filming a secret scene, where Nina and Jack would be reunited in Los Angeles some months later. The scene was kept in storage for several months and used in Jay Bunyan's final episode on the series.

“A new beginning. A new chapter of my life…”

Fans waited with baited breath as Delta continued working on her second album, collaborating with world-famous producers such as Guy Chambers (Robbie Williams), Gary Barlow and Billy Mann. And it was with the former that Delta co-wrote her first new single off the second album. Entitled “Out of the Blue”, the track gave fans a taste of Delta's much more dramatic and much richer new sound that would feature in the upcoming album. The single debuted on radio around the nation early one Friday morning and was soon the #1 most requested track on radio. The video debuted after “Neighbours” a week later, showing off a rather cheeky and happy Delta belting out the single in a bright new setting in the United States. “Out of the Blue” was readily snapped up by fans and debuted at #1 the first week in. Finally well enough to perform, Delta also performed her latest single at the 2004 ARIA Awards, to much acclaim.

“The girl in the chair with the long golden hair…well, that used to be me…”

A month later, the day every Delta fan had been waiting for had arrived: her second album, “Mistaken Identity”, went on sale and again, was a #1 hit for the young Australian performer. Delta's fans lapped up the new songs and praised the new sound, which gave fans the sense of a wiser and more experienced young woman growing up than her previous album. A fan favourite amongst Delta's loyal groupies was the beautiful duet, “Almost Here”. Written by former Westlife member, Brian McFadden, Paul Barry & Mark Taylor, the track features both Brian and Delta singing to one another in the role of two lovers whose relationship is falling apart. The track became Delta's first duet and was well received for the its beautiful simplicity and how the two singers voices suited the track. In January 2005, Delta released the second single from her album, which was the title track, “Mistaken Identity”. Despite not achieving a #1 status for Delta, the song became memorable for the exquisite video that accompanied the track. Directed by Michael Spiccia of “Not Me, Not I” fame, the video is best described as a storybook fairytale, based on a concept devised by Delta and Michael. The track witnesses Delta's sultry new side and also shows off her dancing skills for the very first time.

“But when I need you, you're almost here…”

The promotion ride continued for Delta in 2005 as she went on to star in her very first feature film, “Hating Alison Ashley”, portraying the title character who arrives at a new school and is the envy of the film's lead character, Erica, portrayed by Saskia Burmeister. The film showcased Delta's very natural screen presence and her incredible acting talent. At the same time, Delta released the third single from her new album, “Almost Here”, the duet with former Westlife member and now boyfriend, Brian McFadden. The single became Delta's second #1 off the new album and her eighth #1. It went on to remain in the Top 50 for many weeks, as Delta and Brian both hit the promotional trail, doing in-stores with fans and performing at the very first MTV Australian Music Video Awards.

“It's a little too late for me to wait…”
After “Almost Here”'s release, Delta set about concentrating on both preparations for her forthcoming national tour of Australia and her upcoming campaign in the very competitive US market. For the tour, she employed the services of Richard Sanford as her musical director and set about creating an elaborate show for the many thousands of fans who had purchased tickets to the tour. On the US front, Delta re-recorded many tracks for her debut US album, “Born to Try”, slated for release this September. The first single, “Lost Without You”, has been reworked into a rockier, grittier track in order to increase Delta's chances of success. Along with new recordings come new videos for the “Innocent Eyes” tracks, which will also be released in the US in the coming months.

“If tomorrow never comes, I want you to know right now that I…I'm gonna love you until the day I die…”

In June, Delta released the fourth single from “Mistaken Identity”, the fun-filled “A Little Too Late”, to coincide with her forthcoming Visualise Tour, set to kick off in Newcastle with a preview/warm-up show on July 3rd and officially beginning on July 8th in Perth. The video for the single, directed by Anthony Rose - also responsible for Delta's “I Don't Care” video - witnessed a new, laid-back look for the singer, whose newly regained energy and love for life did not go unnoticed. Delta made a few TV appearances in the month leading up to the tour, including a live performance of the new single on “Rove Live” to close the show and two live performances on “Sunrise” as part of ‘Delta Day’ to celebrate her debut appearance on the breakfast show.

“You're my butterfly. Don't fly away. Open my hands, you're free, praying you'll come back to me…”

July rolled around and Delta's national tour finally kicked off. The tour witnessed a spectacular series of concerts from the beautiful Miss Goodrem and co., as they set out to put on a tour no fan would ever forget. Included in the concerts were all of Delta's singles, including her early and forgotten single, “I Don't Care”, and a three covers - Carole King's “I Feel The Earth Move”, Westlife's “Flying Without Wings” (with Brian McFadden appearing to perform in some cities as a special guest on the song, as well as on “Almost Here”) and perhaps the biggest surprise of all, a cover of Jet's rock classic, “Are You Gonna Be My Girl”. The tour proved to be a huge success for Delta, managing to sell 75,000-80,000 tickets, making Delta's tour one of the biggest selling tours in recent years. Delta also had the honour of being the very first Australian act to headline at the Sydney Superdome and also went on to outsell Destiny's Child and Green Day in tickets for her performances at the Superdome.

“Six thoughts at once, I can't focus on one. Seven days a week, but my life has just begun…”

Delta went on to release a live DVD of her Visualise Tour in November, which debuted at #1 on the ARIA DVD charts and instantly hit platinum status. She also released her fifth and final single from “Mistaken Identity” to sale online, “Be Strong”, and the track soon become one of the most downloaded tracks of the year. As for her future, Delta will be spending more time in the US to share her music with a new market. Although she initially had plans to release a hybridised album entitled “Born to Try” containing tracks from both Australian albums, Delta has now opted to create a completely new album to introduce her to the US. Delta has also begun work on her third Australian album and is hopeful for a release in 2007.

“Find your guiding inspiration in a place where dreams are made…”

In March of 2006, Delta was in the spotlight again when she made a stunning live performance at the 2006 Commonwealth Games Opening Ceremony in Melbourne. Delta's performance was the featured finale for the ceremony, and included a song written by Delta with Brian McFadden and Guy Chambers especially for the event, entitled “Together We Are One”. The song was written as a dedication to the athletes and all those who worked tirelessly behind the scenes to bring the Games to life. Delta's breathtaking performance also included several rollerskaters bearing fireworks canisters on their backs, shooting sparks out of them as they raced around the arena where Delta performed. The song was so popular with viewers that the overwhelming demand for its release led to SonyBMG releasing it as its own single, which went on to debut at #2 on the ARIA Charts and obtain Gold status.
“Life is a journey I don't have a map for.”