Liam Howlett á sér nokkuð góð quotes;

”It was simply the name an 18-year-old kid gives himself when he wants people to sit up and listen. ”It was B-boy largeness, I guess, in a way. Like Grandmaster Flash had a grand name, larging himself up with his name. When I first thought of the name, obviously I didn’t consider it could be four people. It was just me, faceless, in my bedroom, writing music: the prodigy.” – Liam segir afhverju hann valdi Prodigy nafnið.

”I’m really strange when it comes to working. I like to do everything myself. I can’t have anyone else in the studio. The first embryonic stage of writing a track and starting the music, I have to be on my own. I have to be stumbling around in the studio, catching a vibe with no one else around. That’s the way it works best really.” – Liam.

ATN: ”At this point, do you look at Prodigy as a rock ’n’ roll band?” Liam: ”Absolutely, yeah. We’re a rock ’n’ roll band for the ’90s. Rock ’n’ roll is… Like I said before, the music I write is rock music played on electronic equipment. It isn’t techno. It isn’t trip-hop.” - Liam

”Because when we first came out, we didn’t get slagged off but we didn’t get the respect we deserved from doing that type of music, the rave style of music. To be honest with you, it was good when we were doing it. But looking back on it now, it became really monotonous. I much prefer what we do now by a long shot. It didn’t really have a lot of substance to it but it was important because it was the foundation of what we were doing. All Prodigy music has always been about the beats and the groove of the tune. That’s the foundation of all the songs.” – Liam.

”I went through eight years of classical piano lessons without being able to read notes. I only have to hear a melody to be able to play it. It used to freak my piano teacher out when he finally noticed that notes don’t make any sense to me and that I played by ear.” – Liam.

”It isn’t like I’m actually in the studio everyday. In some weeks, I might only go in there one day a week just to catch a vibe of what I’m doing. I only actually go in there when I’ve got inspiration off of something.” – Liam.

”I usually record most of the stuff at night. I start like about 10 at night. I’ll stay until 10 the next day and then just go to sleep the next day. ” – Liam.

”The majority of any Prodigy album, and certainly all the singles, will draw a line between the generations. I don’t need to tell people we’re not making pop music like fucking Boyzone.” – Liam.

”I can’t really remember. It was about one in the morning. Richard [Russell] from XL phoned me up and he told me. I think I spent like about an hour phoning people around, just saying ”Yeah, what’d you think about that?”” – Liam þegar hann var spurður um viðbrögð sín þegar Prodigy fór á toppinn í US.

Snillingur, hann Liam.