Spurt og svarað með Christian Smith Christian Smith mun spila á Gauk á stöng föstudagskvöldið 19. júlí, þannig að það var vel við hæfri að setja saman smá spurningarlista og senda á kappann.

Ég nennti ekki að þýða þetta yfir…við skiljum alveg ensku…flest af okkur allavega.

How long have you been dj-ing ?

For 16 years now. That does indeed sound like a long time, but its still as fun as ever ;)

Who is your biggest influence ?

hip hop, funk and soul music from the early 80’s. since then I have been influenced by many musical genres and people.

What is your biggest interest besides being a musician & dj ?

Friends, food, travelling and having a good time enjoying life. Doing normal things as anyone else really.

Any special skills besides the music ?

Tennis and drinking

Favourite food ?

Italian, french for european foods. Thai, japanese and korean for asian foods.

Favourite drink ?

Mojito of course. I even called a record after that drink..haha It’s rum mixed with suger french mint leaves and some soda water. It#’s very refreshing and has a great flavour.

What is your best set ?

I am lucky to have had many good sets. The more memorable ones were the ones when I just started dj’ing internationally as they s eemed more special at the time. However, I seem to like Japan and eastern Europe allot. These people are very passionate about the music and especially techno.

What is your worst ?

I do about one set a year that I am absolutely not happy with. It’s not about my technical skills, but very rarely I play infront of people that just want to hear different music. Then there is not much I can do, and I end up hating it. Fortunately that only happens about 1 gig a year. I do about 150 gigs so fortunately it’s not very often.

What kind of music do you like to listen to at home ?

Mellow house like Naked Music, Rock, Soul, and some classical as well.

Are you married/involved ?

At the moment I am not seeing anyone. Hopefully that will change when I get back to New York in September. My lifestyle is very hectic and it’s hard to keep up good relationships due to my constant touring. Being a dj is not as glamorous as many people think it is. Sure I love it and am lucky to make a good living with it, but on the other hand it really hurts my private life.

Do you know anything about Iceland ?

Of course I do. I was ther 2 years ago and Gretar Gunnarson was a great host taking me around the island and showing me around.

Are you going to be as drunk as you were the last time you
were here ?

Hahaha…oh my god…we will see. If everyone else parties then I will want to be a part of the party as well.