Fyrir þá sem lagga í cod4 og vilja fá betra fps þá ætti þetta hjálpa vil benda á að þetta er tekið af www.esports4all.com

There have been a a lot of first person shooters released in the last 10 years, it was always a pleasure to tweak those games like Medal of Honor, the CoD series, Counterstrike series and other games. All these games are based upon a certain basic engine that can be modified to your own standards. Everybody has a different system and so it’s own view of their gameplay. Not everybody can reach that perfect gameplay so I show you how to get as much performance out of your CoD4 so you can play the game on a normal fps.

Infinity Award has used several engines for its CoD series. The quake engine in vCoD, the doom 3 based engine in Call of Duty 2 and 3 and now in CoD4 they used the same successful engine of CoD2. CoD4 runs on a directx 9 engine but not as we used to have in CoD2. It has been modified on a performance scale so you won’t notice any texture lag. Even with this performance edit of IW it’s still an heavy game for most out there. Fortunately there are ways you can adjust these settings to improve your performance.

I've created this Call of Duty 4 Extreme Tweak Guide to help all (experienced) COD4 players out. This guide runs through all the extreme in-game settings, providing up-to-date commands and screenshots of the game. If you have any questions or recommendations for better tweaks, please pm me on mirc: #esports4all

Essential Optimization

Before going into any extreme tweaks, this section covers the main system optimization tweaking. With both drivers of NVIDIA and ATI you can adjust your 3d performance. Put all your sections (image settings, antialiasing, anisotropic filtering and vertical sinc) to the highest performance setting. Nvidia example:

This will increase your fps in-game (all games) with more then 20 fps because your 3d render is set to full peabove rformance. You can also clock your processor and 3d card to an higher level but above tweak shows the legal way. (article overclocking coming soon!)
Extreme Tweaks

(I don't take any responsibility for the effects of the coming extreme tweaks; so be sure it's all on your own risk)

Standard tweaks:
(tweaks that can help making your game run more smoothly)

* cg_blood “0”
* cg_brass “0”
* cg_fov “65-80” (perspective view; choos your own setting what you like)
* cl_maxpackets “100”
* cl_maxPing “40”
* com_maxfps “125”
* compassSize “1.2 ort 1.5”
* fx_marks “0”
* g_antilag “1”

Experienced tweaks:
(some tweaks of cod2 like r_polygonOffsetScale are already disabled by activision)

* cl_packetdup “1” (packets send with your connection)
* r_aaAlpha “off”
* r_aaSamples “1”
* r_drawDecals “0”
* r_drawSun “0”
* r_drawWater “0”
* r_lodBiasRigid “4” (not allowed on all servers!>> disable textures!)
* r_lodScaleRigid “4” (same story)
* r_multiGpu “0” (set to 1 when you have 2 3dcards)
* r_picmip “0” (not allowed on most servers)
* r_zFeather “0”
* ragdoll_enable “0” (how people fall to dead)
* rate “25000”
* snaps “30”

* With both vendors Ati and Nvidia you can adjust your colour settings. As seen above in the tab of my nvidia driver you can see “color correction”. Try putting the digital vibrance to 100% what makes your game less grey.

* Also putting your gamma of the driver to minimal and your ingame gamma maximal can result for better viewing in smoke nades or seeing enemies. Just try to tweak to your personal taste and view for increasing your own gameplay/level.
dedication.m1ztk