Tekið af http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/boxing/6328555.stm

Mayweather savages ‘fat’ Hatton
By Ben Dirs

Ricky Hatton and Floyd Mayweather
Hatton has been tracking Mayweather for years
Boxing great Floyd Mayweather has savaged Ricky Hatton's talent and hinted that he could delay his retirement to fight him in England.

Hatton is desperate for a fight with Mayweather, who was expected to quit after facing Oscar de la Hoya in May.

“Ricky Hatton ain't nothing but a fat man. I'm going to punch him in his beer belly,” the American told BBC Sport.

“He ain't good enough to be my sparring partner. I'm retiring in America, that don't mean I'm retiring in the UK.”

Interview: Boxing great Floyd Mayweather

The 29-year-old later back-tracked on the possibility of fighting Hatton, but it is clear that Manchester's two-weight world champion remains an irritant to him.

The Michigan native is unbeaten in 37 fights, is a former world champion in four weight divisions and is arguably the best pound-for-pound fighter in the world.

When I retire, I'll get Ricky Hatton to wash my clothes and cut my lawn and buckle my shoes

Floyd Mayweather

His match with WBC light middleweight king De la Hoya, a former six-weight world champion, is set to be the most lucrative non-heavyweight fight in boxing history.

Hatton regained the IBF light welterweight crown from Colombia's Juan Urango last month, but Mayweather was unimpressed by what he saw.

And he was incensed at Hatton's suggestion that he was the more exciting fighter of the two.

Mayweather said: “I've only seen Ricky Hatton fight one time and that was against Urango and he looked like garbage.

”All he can do is punch and hold, punch and hold and wrestle. It's obvious that his fights are not more exciting than mine.

“And guess what? He said he was going to come to America and do 5,000 seats, but 5,000 people come and watch me train every day.

”Nobody even knows Ricky Hatton. He came over to America and nobody even came to see him fight.

“I could come to England and fill up the same stadium he can fill up. He ain't getting money like me.

”When I retire, I'll get Ricky Hatton to wash my clothes and cut my lawn and buckle my shoes."

Hatton, 28, is unbeaten in 42 fights and is set for a meeting with Mexican veteran Jose Luis Castillo in June.

If he can come through that encounter unscathed and Mayweather defeats De la Hoya, clamour for a fight between the two later in the year would mount.

De la Hoya, meanwhile, has also indicated he would be prepared to fight Hatton in England.

The 34-year-old from Los Angeles said he would come back down to welterweight if Hatton was prepared to move back up.

Ég held ég verði að taka undir með Floyd, Hatton er alvarlega ofmetinn, hvað hefur Hatton gert? Hann sigraði jú Louis Collazo eða hvað sem hann hét en óháð öllum tittlum þá var það í fyrsta sinn sem almenningur sá Louis Collazo berjast og sá bardagi var síður en svo einhliða. Hatton sigraði líka Carlos Maoussa http://www.boxrec.com/boxer_display.php?boxer_id=181618 en Carlos var nú ekki beint búinn að stimpla sig inn sem elítuboxara fyrir þann bardaga og er greinilega ekki á leiðinni að gera það heldur eftir hann. Gleymum ekki Kostya Tzyu eða ættum við kannski að gera það? Jú það held ég Kostya var að rasskella Hatton í fyrstu lotum bardagans þrátt fyrir það að hann væri honum heilum tólf árunum eldri og eina ástæðan fyrir því að Hatton vann var sú að hann var óhræddur við að negla endurtekið í hnakka andstæðings síns þar sem hann vissi jú auðvitað að hann yrði aldrei dæmdur úr leik eða ávíttur á heimavelli. Svo er líka spurning óháð því hversu góður sigurinn var hversu lengi það eigi að leyfa einhverjum að velta sér upp úr einum sigri.

Hatton Gildran

Eftir bardaga Floyds á móti Arturo Gatti sem vakti hreinlega ótrúlega athygli og fékk gífurlega mikla umfjöllun í heimspressuni þá sagði Floyd hátt og skýrt “Ætli ég berjist ekki næst við Hatton í New York” og hvernig brást Hatton við? með því að láta umheiminn vita að hann væri óhræddur við Mayweather og að hann myndi gera út af við hann í New York? Ó nei! allt og sumt sem hann gat talað um var hversu mikill og merkilegur meistari Miguel Cotto væri og hversu mikið honum langaði nú til þess að berjast við hann. Miguel Cotto hafði barist skömmu fyrir þennan tíma gegn Mohamad Abdulaev og litið síður en svo út fyrir að vera ósigrandi í þeim bardaga sem nánast engin athygli var sýnd. En þess skal einnig getið að bardagi milli Cotto og Hatton hefur enn ekki átt sér stað.

Að minnast á Hatton eru mistök af hálfu Mayweathers þar sem að það veitir Hatton athygli en Hatton mun aldrei berjast við hann en ef til vill fer þessu Hattons kjaftæði að verða lokið, Jose Louis Castillo ætti að geta bundið enda á það.