Smávegis tilraun. Eina að vera fleiri en ein saga ef vel tekst til. Enskan er ekki fullkomin en hún ætti að vera í lagi. Endilega segið hvað ykkur finnst.

It was a dark awful night and the vampire had just woken up from his wonderful sleep.
It yawned, stretched and scratched it self.
“What a wonderful dream,” it said with delight,” oh why can’t live be like this?”
“Good morning mister Vampire. Had a good rest?”
The vampire was startled and said with a boring voice, when it saw the owner of that voice: ”O, it’s you again.”
“Of course it me, everyone else you know am dead or just woken up from sleep like you.”
“What do you mean?” Mr. Vampire asked and looked at him suspiciously. Maybe he had something more than met the eye.
“Well, your days. Sorry sir, your last night work must be showing it self now, isn’t it?”
“Well, for the first time maybe you’re right,” Mr. Vampire got out of his coffin and said tiredly, “well time to work.”
“Certainly, sir.”
“What haven’t you been working all day, like I told you to do?” Mr. Vampire looked him straight in the eyes.
“Well, of course sir, I meant. I, O, it doesn’t matter.” And he turned on the spot, got
Up stairs and continued working.”
“Strange. Merlin has never had such a clear mind. I wonder. Wait a minute! Of course!” Merlin!”
“You called sir?”
,”You’re not Merlin! You’re Derlin his twin brother!”
“Well, I can’t deny my true identity. Yes I’m Derlin.”
“Where is Merlin?”
“Sleeping like usual. Though he has been working hard all day.”
“Working? Probably just snoring all day like he’s used too.”
“No really sir, he has been working on the plan you gave him yesterday evening.”
“Really?”
“Well, of course I did the most work but he tried at least. What gave it away?”
“That your weren’t Merlin? The fact that you have brains but he has not.”
“That’s true. I had forgotten that we are identical expect from that small detail.”
“I don’t have time for this. Tell your stupid brother to come down this instance.”
“He is not stupid. He only has a lack of intelligence.”
Mr. Vampire sighed and putted his hand on the forehead.
“And he need his rest.”
“Haven’t he been sleeping all day?”
“Well, yes but he must rest from his rest. And it’s not fair that you put so much work on him.”
“So that’s why you’re doing his job. But I pay him for doing these job but not you.”
“You will not need to pay me, in fact you can cut down his salary in half, since I will be doing half of his job forward.”
“Sounds very convenient. But I thought you were working somewhere else too.”
“Yes I am. It there a problem?”
“Well, won’t it be hard for you to come here in the nights after a long day at work. Like weren’t you working to day, on a Monday?”
“Well, actually I’m on a holiday now.”
“Working?”
“It’s my hobby too.”
“ I see. How about working day then?”
“Well there is a little problem.”
“Yes I believed so.”
“I would love to come if my wife hadn’t put me in a dancing lessons in the evenings from this day forth to the end of the month.”
“Your wife?”
“Yes, she thought I should spend time in something more except for work. O! That’s reminding of I have a dancing lesson now!” And he hurried out of the cellar.
“Strange fellow” Mr. Vampire hurried up the stairs, “ if I catch that slimy, lazy, stupid, horrible unpunctual…”
Merlin was sleeping peacefully in sofa in the living room. He was having a wonderful dream of Mr. Vampire serving him. He had tons of food and was rich like his old man. And he had the brain of his brother and…
“Merlin!”
“O! Mister Sandfire!”
“It’s mister Vampire! It shouldn’t be hard for you to remember that since I am one.”
“But sir, vampires don’t exists.”
Mr. Vampire sighed. He was in no mood and had no time to argue.
“Merlin how come that you have the name of this clever wizard but your brother…
Has this incredible weird name?”
“My parents, bless their holes…”
“Bless their holes? Don’t you mean bless their souls?”
“No, no they are not dead. It’s like the phrase God bless the home.”
“They live in holes? But I thought they were a giant and a dwarf.”
“It is a big hole and a small hole.”
“Well doesn’t matter anyway. Just answer my question. Why is your name Merlin but your brother’s name Derlin, despite the fact that he is the clever one and you the stupid one?
Well, like I was saying before the interruption, my parents thought I would be the clever one and my brother would be the..ah? What was the question again?”
“Doesn’t matter! Where are the plans for the evening? I’m running out of time.”
“To do what sir? Shouldn’t you been in bed? Do you know what time it is Mr. Landmire?”
“Vampire! And vampires do work at the evenings while other are at sleep.”
“Oh that again. Well, here is your plan.”
“Esmeralda Smith? I thought she already was a vampire. I bit her the last week.”
“Oh, sorry sir, it’s the invitations for your party next week.”
“What party? I’m not throwing any party! Where is the list? I only have few hour to spare!”
“Relax sir. You can use the next night for your little hobby…”
“It’s not a hobby! It’s a lifestyle!”
Whatever, whatever! Here’s your precious list.”
“That’s more like it. Hum…I have bitten nearly everyone in the neighborhood. That only leaves old misses Rose.”
“Old she’s only eighty two and you’re…?
“I know. I will turn 116 this year. But that’s quite young you know. I was bitten 1909. One of my fellows was bitten 1789 and will turn 222 this year. What am I doing? Why am I wasting time like this?”
“Sir, you work too hard. Sleeps all day and works all night…”
“I thought you described my work as a hobby not so long ago?”
“Well work can be hobby right? Like it’s with my brother.”
“Not quite. He is taking dancing lessons now at this prices moment.”
“Dancing lesson? Well, he has never been a good dancer.”
“Well, I can’t chat on like this, I have jobs to do, well only one but who knows what a long time that will take?” And once again Mr. Vampire headed for another job.

Ms. Rose was sleeping in her bed. On her night table beside her was the original copy of Dracula. She was half way with the book. Her reading glasses were still on her nose, so she seemed just nearly has putted the book back on the night table, before fallen asleep. Her bulldog was sleeping on her scarlet carpet she had over her bed, so she wouldn’t catch a cold again. In her dreams she was dancing with her husband, who past away not so long ago. It was very peaceful side. But through her see through pink curtains you could see Mr. Vampire flying to her widow. You could barely see his outlines but nether a less you know it was he. Not because he was the only flying creature in the whole village, because he wasn’t. It was because all the other vampires had moved away and started a new life, in Transanvalian. They had the silliest thought they ought live there because they were vampires. Then how come Mr. Vampire still lived there like he had for the 116 years? Of course he had been hiding most of time but still he had remain there.
Mr. Vampire hated flying. He didn’t know what human thought so attractive about it. The wind in the face, the feeling of freedom maybe, but they had probably not wonder about the danger of airplanes (which had not been there of course all the time), or the bird attacking because you had crossed their territory, or the fear of banging into those high dreadful light poles. Well, that was Mr. Vampire thought of flying and he had many more reasons for dreading it. But he had to do it because it was his lifestyle. He preferred to sail then fly, mostly because he had never set an foot in airplane and riding on a horse (which he could not do now since the sleep at night.).
He was nearly there, but didn’t he have to crash into the widow and fall down into her flowerbed. Oh, it had been so much easier in the old days when people kept their widows open.
“Ouch, that hurt!” Mr. Vampire tried to get up on his feet but fell over again.
Why had this old lady to be the smartest one in the village? Everyone else had been so polite to keep their windows open, although every one around them had turned into vampires in a mysterious way.
“Hello who’s out there?” Ms. Rose had just open her window and looked around in the dark.
Great, just great, Mr. Vampire thought with himself but aloud he said, trying to keep his face straight: “It’s just me, Mr. Vampire.”
“What are you doing out so late? Are you all right?”
“Quite fine. I just tripped over your flowerbed on my nightly walks.”
“Why are you often so late out?”
“Well, I work in the evenings, only for few hours though. And sleep in that case the whole day.”
“You look awful! Come in and have some tea. You’re as pale as a cloud.”
“Thank you for your offer, but I must really be going.”
“Nonsense, there is plenty of time for tea.”
“Well, if you insist. But you have to come down there. I can’t get up.”
“Are you hurt? But you said just earlier that you were quite fine?”
“Well, that was until I tried to get up.”
“Shall I call the hospital then?”
“No, no! It’s probably nothing. Nothing a little tea couldn’t fix.”
“Well then, I will come down as soon as I can.”
“Hurry up! I’m really thirsty!”
“O, the poor man. I bet you are.” And she disappeared from the window.
She came down after five minutes, holding a teacup with beautiful pink flowers pictures and her bulldog was following her. It looked rather angry with Mr. Vampire but didn’t do anything to Mr. Vampire great relief.
“Here you go, Mr. Vampire.” She gave the cup to Mr. Vampire, “There’s some iron in it.”
“Thank you very much, Ms. Rose.” But Mr. Vampire thought with himself, maybe I should let her go this time? And he handed her the back the teacup after he drank every last sip out of it. It was really refreshing.
“Do you think you can stand up?” Ms. Rose asked rather worried.
“Yes, I think I can.” But Mr. Vampire fell back to the flowerbed, “Or maybe not.”
“Let me help you.” She took Mr. Vampire’s hands and tried to toss him back up.
“I don’t think you can manage that”, but then he found himself on his feet again and his hunger started blushing up again, ”You’re really strong Ms. Rose.”
“Is something wrong with your eyes Mr. Vampire?” His eyes had turned red of greed.
“Probably just tiredness.” And his eyes were back to normal again.
Her dog looked at him suspiciously and was ready for attack if Mr. Vampire showed even the slightest move of hurting Ms. Rose.
“I think I will get going again.” Mr. Vampire thanked her for her help, cast an angry look at her dog and limped back home.
“I wasted the whole night!” He muttered to himself when he came in the entrance of the castle.
Merlin was sleeping once again in the sofa in the living room. Mr. Vampire was in no mood of shouting at him. He felt a strange feeling inside him. A feeling that he had forgot that he once had. The time before he came a vampire. Ms. Rose was the only one who had not attacked him for his strange appearance, but instead she had handled him with care. But if it hadn’t been for that stupid dog of hers or crashing into the window, he probably would have attacked her anyway. He limped the whole way back to his coffin and closed the lit, but first he had turned the alarm for the next night work. But he couldn’t sleep. His mind was with Ms. Rose and Derlin. Derlin could have been his assistant if he had passed the test at assistance school, which he unfortunately hadn’t. He would be so much better an assistant than Merlin. But Derlin didn’t want to be his assistant and maybe Mr. Vampire had no need for them. Maybe he could schedule the killing of his own victims , but that was too much work for one vampire to handle. When he finally had fallen asleep he was woken up again by Merlin who knocked on his coffin like the castle was on fire.
“Mister Catdire! I have the perfect solution for you!”
“What is it this time?”
“I know how you can relax, sir!”
“I don’t want to relax. I want to sleep!”
“But sir, listen to my plan before you rest.”
“I’m the one who make demands around here, Merlin!”
“Yeah, yeah, whatever! Well, why don’t you go on a summer vacation? I already booked a flight for you to Spain.”
Mr. Vampire was speechless for a moment and then he let out a horrible humorless laugh.
“You’re making fun of me. Aren’t you? Well, I’m in no mood of listening to jokes!”
“Sir, you’re never in the mood for anything. Why, don’t you take my advice and relax a little. A trip to Spain could give you some sunshine on your pale skin and the vitamins you need. It’s really unhealthy to sleep during the day and even more unhealthy to sleep in a coffin!”
“Merlin, stand aside or I will punch you! I’m a bloody vampire, you know! Well, actually you don’t know. You don’t know anything!”
“You don’t need to talk to me like that sir. I’m not stupid. I know you think you’re a vampire and maybe a little trip to the sun could cure that idea.”
“It’s no idea, Merlin! It’s a fact! And the trip to sunnier places would devastate me and would turn me into dust. And what’s more I don’t like airplanes.”
“How do you, know sir. You have never been in one before.”
“Merlin you can take that trip to Spain and you don’t need to come back.”
“But I don’t like Spain sir. I once went there with my brother and they couldn’t stop looking at us. Like we were some kind of freaks!”
“You’re both half giants and half dwarfs. Of course you look weird in the eyes of humans. Everything looks weird to them.”
“It doesn’t give them the right to stare at us, just because we are different.”
Mr. Vampire was about to say something, but stopped with his hand in midair.
“Is it you again Derlin?”
“No it still me Merlin.”
“Well, let me sleep for once, would you?! We can discuss this ridiculous idea tomorrow night.”
“No we can’t! The flight is early tomorrow morning! I have already made a reservation for you.”
“Now, then you’ll just have to cancel it because I’m not going!” And Mr. Vampire closed the lid again before waiting for respond. He opened the lid again and sighed when he heard Merlin sob.
“Alright then, I will go to Spain!”
“Thank you Mr. Flysire!”
“But don’t be surprised if I won’t come back.”
“I won’t sir!”
Rosa Novella