As we all know, there have hitbox issues in BF2 for a long time. The problem tends to show itself when you fire to the sides of a target and get hit registers. Here's a longer explanation that I found on the subject and some of the changes that are recommended:

Quote:
Over the past 2 years I've done a fair amount of reading on different theories about what the three settings do. I know, for the most part, what they each control. I don't remember the forums or exact sites where I found the best explanations, but after some quick Googling just now, here are some links that you can read discussing these settings:
http://www.totalgamingnetwork.com/main/ … p?t=134344
http://forums.bf2s.com/viewtopic.php?id=69001

The stock settings of Battlefield are assuming that people have a ping of 100ms, which is probably close to what the average player gets. The stock settings are:
* Latency Comp .100
* Extrap 1200
* Interp 100

I spent lots of time tweaking these settings and observing their effects. The one setting that most people change, the Latency Compensation, actually has the smallest effect on hit reg. People probably flocked to changing that one because of the name of the command. The little effect that this command actually has on the hitboxes would also explain why people think these settings are bogus… because the one setting they changed really doesn't change the hit reg much. Latency Compensation used to be the only one I tweaked too, and I wasn't 100% sure it changed anything either. Once I started to mess with the Interpolation, that's when the changes were obvious. I found that the lower I set it, the better my zoomed shots hit, and the higher I set it, the better my hip shots worked. Also, if I set the Interpolation too low, the game would stutter.
This video has been around for a long time, but it illustrates how the Interpolation command can drastically change the game:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A6tph6p-Vc4

Whenever I encountered a player who appeared to get perfect hit reg, I would pick their brain about how they tweaked their settings. Some tweaked, some did not. Eventually a player I know, who gets amazing hit reg, explained their formula to me. It really is quite simple and logical, and is as follows:

Based off EA's default settings, there is a simple ratio to the three settings
* The Latency Compensation is set to your ping / 1000
* The Extrapolation is set to your ping * 12
* The Interpolation is set to your ping (no changes)

So, using this formula, I would go to the console and type out those long commands, then enter the values according to this formula. Say my ping was 30, I would set:
* Latency Comp to .03
* Extrap to 360
* Interp to 30

I immediately noticed a difference. I would sometimes add a little to my ping, but I always found a sweet spot. After using it for a few months, I generally found that adding 7 to my ping felt better in game. So when you use HitFixer and enter your ping into the console, it adds 7 to your value, divides that by 1000 for the Latency Compensation, multiplies by 12 for the Extrapolation, and sets the Interpolation to that value. That's it. I got tired of typing out the long lines (SettingsManager.floatSet GSDefaultLatencyCompensation) into the console and doing the math, so I made this application to do the work automatically.
Now, he mentions a hitbox “fixer” program that is executed once in game and makes the adjustments for you. We aren't going to use the program because it's not approved and could get you banned. I'm going to show you how to manually makes this changes …

Step #1. Determine your average ping to the Battleservers. Mine is around 50, so we'll use that as an example.

Step #2. Locate the following configuration file on your computer:

Code:

D:\Program Files\EA GAMES\Battlefield 2\mods\bf2c_day_1\Settings\Usersettings.con

Obviously, your drive letter may be different. And this example is for Day 1, you'll have to do the same for Day 2.

Step #3. Do some maths yo!

From the article:

Code:

* The Latency Compensation is set to your ping / 1000
* The Extrapolation is set to your ping * 12
* The Interpolation is set to your ping (no changes)

Based on a 50 ping

My Latency Compensation would be 0.050000
My Extrapolation would be set to 600
My Interpolation would be set to 50

Step #4. Change the Usersettings.con file:

SettingsManager.floatSet GSDefaultLatencyCompensation 0.050000
SettingsManager.U32Set GSExtrapolationTime 600
SettingsManager.U32Set GSInterpolationTime 50

Step #5. Save it and play with it a bit. You'll have to make the same changes for Day 2. For those players with greater than 100 ping, I think these will benefit you as well.

Also, I have verified with Deadshot and Luucearth that making these changes manually is perfectly OK. It's using the EXE program to do the changes while in game that is suspicious. So make some changes and see how they work for ya! More information can be found here:

http://www.tweakguides.com/BF2_7.html