<i>As I am sure many of you are aware, there have been a number of issues with the DICE/EA full release version of Battlefield:Vietnam.
We are currently undertaking final testing on a patch for the product, which will be released this Friday (3-26), and will include the following fixes that have been suggested by the community :
* Implementation of a GUI voting system similar to that included in the 1.6 patch for Battlefield:1942
* The M60 (US) machine gun will only be useable while the player is prone.
* It has been noted that “vehicle camping” is a problem within the online community for Battlefield:Vietnam. Therefore, in our first patch for the product, players inactive in movement for longer than 15 seconds, within a vehicle spawn radius, will suffer the same health penalty as if leaving the combat zone.
* Fixes to the ATI graphics cards that have suffered problems. Similar graphical fixes shall be given to users of MX/Ti range NVidia graphics cards. Hopefully this will remove the various problems users of these cards have had while playing the product.
* It has become apparent that several of the sound (gunfire/explosions) effects are not to many people's likings. Work has been done on upgrading these sounds and, upon the release of the v1.1 patch, the in game sounds shall be more authentic than at present.
A number of other minor fixes will also be implemented, and we will be releasing another patch in the not too distant future should you inspire us with your ideas.
Keep them coming please, and we can make this game the top game of 2004.
Yours kindly,
BFVmoderator
AKA EAJim</i><br><br>BF1942: AnthraX
CoD : AnthraX