hæhæ jæja núna í dag var ég að skila inn ensku ritgerð um íslenska hestinn. áhvað að deila henni með ykkur. hún er á ensku (lokaritgerð í ensku 503), örugglega tonn af villum í henni (bara ánægð að geta skilað löngu komið fram yfir skiladag), og já indjoy

Introduction
No creature of the earth has helped the man like the horse has done his talent and his twinkle had a lot to say when the man went out to discover the earth. All horses are beautiful and magnificent animals; they all have four feet and a nice neck. Most of them are a help to the man in a way and some of them are just used for a hobby, only few of them live free on this planet. The best known of them is the zebra.
There are over 250 different kind of horses in the world, for example there is the Abyssinian, the Akhal teke , the American cream draft, Andalusian, Boer, the Caspian, the dongola, the shire, Thoroughbred. I could go on forever. My favourite horse is the Icelandic horse, I have been a horse woman for 7 years and in that time I have gone through a lot with this unique horse and in this essay I am going to write about him, I will explore the various aspects of its history, its characteristics and its breeding.
 
How is the Ice horse different from other horses?
The horse is considered to be originated from a creature that has been named Eohippus, it was a cloven-hoofed animal. That had the size of an cat or an fox. It is maintained that that this animal had been on its best years over 60 million years ago, it is considered to have changed from a meet eating animal with sharper teeth to a leaf eating animal, and then to a grass eating animal and were it is today, and on the same time did the middle clove go from a clove to be a hoof but the other four despaired with time. The horse was first taken to be a help for the man 3-4 million years ago, and was first used just to eat and take milk from, than people discovered it abilities to work for the man as a beast of burden.
The horse first came from East Mongolia to Norway, and then from north Norway to Iceland. Many researchers have been made and prove that the Icelandic horse is most related to the horse from north Norway and the horse in Shetland Islands and the Icelandic horse are most similar, both come from the north Norwegian horse The horse was first brought to Iceland with Vikings, when Vikings took over the land, some horses died because of the volcano air and some did not survive the hard weather, but others have developed with the land through the ages. For example has the horses stomach grown smaller and its appendix and his colon has grown bigger, and these changes are helpful for the Icelandic horse and the situations that he have lived in here in Iceland . Infusion of other horse kinds are not allowed with the Icelandic horse here in Iceland because we can’t move other horse kinds to this country and if a horse is moved abroad he can never come back, so the Icelandic horse breeding in Iceland is pure, but the Icelandic horse is sold from Iceland to other countries and there has he been used in infusion with other kinds of horses.
“Unique” is the word that many people would cause to describe the Icelandic horse, it is best known for its very calm temper, unerring sense of direction and its ability to find its way home in the worst of blizzards. The Icelandic horse is unusually strongly built and tough, does not demand a lot from feeding and accommodation but still manages to get to a high age, it is not unusual for the horse to reach up to 30 years. Horsemanship is one of the biggest sports in Iceland and is a sport for the whole family, the oldest ones can be into breeding an watching horse shows while the yonger ones look after the horses. And the yongest ones get to go to the stables to and ride a horse with their parents. Becaus the icelandic horse has so good temper that it is no problem for the yongest members of the family to sit on the front of the rider, children that grow up in horses can learn balance and grip very early. Research have shown that the horse can help people with problems, especially if the problem is in the central nervous system, because the horse helps with concentration and balance and helps to control fine moves and beat.
The Icelandic horse has many ground colours and even more colour scheme, his colours go from gray to black, palomino to bay and chestnut to buckskin. Icelandic horses also have colour called roan, which means that the horse changes colours and become gray in the winter time. It is safe to say that no horse breed in the whole world has as many colours as the Icelandic breed, breeders have often special interest in colours and they sometimes get hard tasks to think of when they are choosing what stallion they should put there mere under. When a breeder is choosing a stallion for a special mere they are looking for the best in the stallion, the colour (of both the mere and the stallion especially if the breeder wants a special colour of his foal), his willingness his disposition, his gaits and his grade in horse shows, and of curs many other things, because there are so many things that need to be right.
The Icelandic horse is one of only few horses in the world that have 5 gaits, the special gaits that the Icelandic horse has are the tolt or “running walk” (rack) and pace. The tolt is a four beat gait and has the beats with even space. The pace is only two beat gait, that goes rather fast, horses can reach up to 30 miles per hour on that gait. Then does the Icelandic horse have the normal gaits: trot, gallop and step. Icelandic horse can have all these gaits at ones and be 5 gaited or not be able to pace and be 4 gaited, or just 3 gaited but people now days train their horses to have at least the tolt. But the Icelandic horse qualities does not only show in his ability to show 5 gaits but also in his ability to work under different circumstances, he can be soft and supple on the field and in a small space in shows and than he can also be used in the mountains in hallow lowland. That is all in his nature.
 
Conclusion
As I have shown the Icelandic horse has many qualities, he is helpful, he is hardy, he is sure of where he is going when he puts his feet down, and he is god with children of curs he can be a little stubborn but who isn’t, I would say that the Icelandic horse is almost human he is of that much help to us and us that good friend of us. Great first horse.
I first got the opportunity to get acquainted with the Icelandic horse when I was 6 years old, my parents let my go to a course with horses and only 6 years old I felled in love with this creature, and then a few years later I get to go to another course and there did it all begin a year later I got my first horse, I was 12 years old, I lost my hart over this friend of mine and all the adventures we experienced to gather than when I had to let him go I discovered that with a new horse grows a new adventure.
The Icelandic horse is special, there are not all horse breeds that have grown on an island and developed like the Icelandic horse.

Bibliography :

• Adhd , sjúkraþjálfun á hestbaki, 07.05.2008 : www.adhd.is/Files/Skra_0014413.doc
• Ansi.onkstate, horses, 07.05.2008: http://www.ansi.okstate.edu/breeds/horses/icelandic/index.htm
• Hugi, Icelandic horse, 25.04,2008: http://www.hugi.is/tungumal/threads.php?page=view&contentId=5523277
• Kviholmi, Icelandic horse colours. 25.04.2008: http://www.kviholmi.blogspot.com
• Pineridgeoicelandics, The Icelandic horse, 25.04.2008: http://www.pineridgeicelandics.com/icelandichorses.htm
• Vísindavefur , íslenski hesturinn, 25.04.2008: http://visindavefur.is/svar.php?id=3824
• Vísindavefur, íslenski hesturinn, 25.04.2008: http://visindavefur.is/svar.php?id=4138 ,
• Trítla, íslenski hesturinn, 25.04,2008: http://www.tritla.is/forum/viewtopic.php?t=8239&sid=13dce7de6c88b3b7cf13aa22085e8e46
• Gisli b Björnsson, Hjalti Jón Sveinsson, Íslenski hesturinn, Reykjavík, Mál og menning, 2004.
“þú mátt alveg hafa þína skoðun en mundu bara að þín skoðun er röng.”