Biomechanical - Distorted

Hér er smá review sem ég skrifaði um þetta annarsstaðar, nenni ekki að þýða þetta.

This is actually just a demo, 4 tracks that I believe are to be released as a full CD in the near future (don't know if the full release is going to include these songs as well though). I know that the band is mixing their stuff now, so… shouldn't be too long. Still, this demo sounds very good (you wouldn't know it was a demo), so don't let that deter you from buying it if it is available for buying.

This 4 track demo includes the songs
1. The Awakening
2. Do you Know Me (or Do You Really Think You Know Me)
3. In The Core of Darkness
4. Distorted

On their webpage www.biomechanical.co.uk they have the first two songs for download (whole songs) and samples from the rest of the songs, plus 4 others that will probably be on their full lenght album (I think).

I can't stress enough how much I'm blown away by this. Of course I might be premature on all this, but I haven't been this excited about a new band since I first heard After Forever (totally different music though) and probably Pain of Salvation before that. There was some talk about this band a few days/weeks ago but it blew over rather quickly and it simply needs to be reopened (hehe).

The music is a mixture of quite a few elements. In some songs, it's aggressive thrash with strong melodies, in others it's crunchy melodic metal with aggressive thrash elements. Reminds me sometimes of Into Eternity and what I've heard of Loch Vostok in regards to the melody-thrash mixture. Other times it reminds me of the dark doomy feeling from Evergrey. Listen to In The Core of Darkness to understand what I mean with that. That song is a strong contender for the song of the year award with me. Absolutely amazing.

Some of the songs also contain very interesting orchestral arrangements, something you don't hear very often in thrash. And note that these arrangements are NOT the typical arrangements you tend to hear in melodic metal these days. The arrangements are quite progressive themselves, remind me mostly of typical 20th century classical music, in terms of chaoticness. Also in terms of what classical instruments they use (it's not just all violins and chellos…). Listen to

The vocalist sings in a Rob Halford kinda style in some songs, and in others he sounds like Phil Anselmo. The rest of the time he sounds like a typical progmetal singer. He's got a really strong voice and handles everything he sings quite nicely. The next thing I notice is the drumming. Really tight and sometimes extremely fast drumming. Basicly the only thing I get tired of when listening to this music, is that my arms become quite tired of all the airdrumming…

As I said, not only does the music kick major ass, but the songs within are really good and catchy as hell. There are even ballads here that will make Teri break out her famous panty rating system…. (hehe, haven't seen that in a while). I'm talking about the track Eight Moon, which I've actually only heard the sample of (about 50 seconds that makes me jump in the air wanting more when it cuts the song at the end).

I only know I need to hear more, and when I'm finished listening to this 4 track demo and the 4 extra samples on the webpage, I'm screaming for more!! (life's not fair man.)

Hér eru svo beinu linkarnar á tóndæmin á heimasíðunni:

Fyrst tvö heil lög:
The Awakening: www.biomechanical.co.uk/B…lTrack.mp3
Do You Really Think You Know me: www.biomechanical.co.uk/B…lTrack.mp3

og svo styttri sömpl:
Do You Really Think You Know me: www.biomechanical.co.uk/B…sample.mp3
In the Core of Darkness: www.biomechanical.co.uk/B…sample.mp3
Distorted: www.biomechanical.co.uk/B…sample.mp3
Eight Moons: www.biomechanical.co.uk/B…sample.mp3
No Shadow: www.biomechanical.co.uk/B…sample.mp3
Dying Again: www.biomechanical.co.uk/B…sample.mp3
Hunted: www.biomechanical.co.uk/B…sample.mp3